Wait to Save Me, I'll Save You Too

Sixteen.

I took a deep breath, and relaxed my head back, knowing it was over.

"You did great, baby." Caleb said, as he leaned in to me, kissing the top of my head.

"Congradulations, Mr. and Mrs. Turman." the doctor smiled. "You now have a baby daughter."

I felt my heart drop, and I sat up quickly, not caring about how exhausted I was, "We have a baby girl."

Caleb smiled. "Steph, you already knew that."

"I know, but we really have a baby." I felt tears begining to form in my eyes.

"Are you okay?" Caleb asked, with a small laugh, as he grabbed my hand.

I smiled, and looked at him. "I'm more than okay."

"Good." he leaned in, and gave me a soft kiss on the lips. "Because were parents now." he smiled, again.

The doctor came back in from the back room, and stood by the bed I lay on. "Were going to have to take the baby back for a couple of testing, to make sure she's healthy, and everything is fine, since she was born a month early."

Caleb and I looked at eachother, and then back at the doctor, confused. "But she was crying," I started.

"Yes, she was crying." the doctor replied.

"So, that means shes healthy, right?" I began to panic.

"Well, not necessarily."

"Can't we at least see out daughter?" Caleb asked, loudly.

"I'm sorry, but the nurses have already taken your daughter down for testing."

"That's bullshit-" Caleb started, as I interrupted him.

"Caleb, its okay." I tried to calm him down, as he took a deep breath.

"Yes, I'm sorry, sir. But it's only for the best, they'll have her up in no time." he put another smile on his face, and left the room.

*************

Caleb and I lay together, on the hospital bed. It's been an half hour since they've taken the baby down for testing, and I don't think me and Caleb have ever been this quiet together, for this long. I looked over at him, and watched him as he starred at the ceiling. "What are you thinking about? Are you okay?" I finally spoke. Caleb took a deep breath. "Yeah, I'm fine. They're just taking a long time, it's kind of making me nervous."

I bit my lip, and looked up at the ceiling, also. "Yeah, I know what you mean. I feel like I'm going to be sick."

I seen Caleb look at me from the corner of my eye. "I'm sorry you didn't get to have your baby shower, babe."

I smiled, then laughed. "I didn't even want to have that baby shower in the first place."

Caleb laughed, also. "Yeah. But hey, look at it this way--you still got a lot of baby stuff, and you weren't even there an hour."

I laughed, then seen as a nurse walked into the room.

Caleb sat up, and got off of the hospital bed. "Is everything okay?" he asked, nervously.

the mid-aged nurse smiled. "Yes."

Me and Caleb let out a sigh of relief. "Thank God." he said.

Another nurse walked into the room with the baby, and walked straight twoards me. At that moment, I felt my whole body freeze. This was finally the moment I've been dreaming of for the past nine months, and I was scared as ever. I wasn't quite sure why, I knew I was ready to be a mother, and I had Caleb there to help me. But after feeling scared for those whole 15 seconds the nurse walked twoards me, that all changed when she put my baby in my arms.

As I looked into her small, precious eyes, I couldn't feel more happy than I possibly was. Caleb sat down on the bed again, and put his arm around me, as he reached his other one out to the baby, and placed his index finger in her grasp of her tiny hands.

"She's got your nose." he laughed.

I laughed back. "Yeah, well she has your chin." I kissed her forehead.

"Yeah, and its a beautiful chin if I must say."

"She's beautiful."

"She's gorgeous." Caleb corrected me.

"Congradulations." the nurse spoke. Caleb and I were too focused on our new baby girl, that we hadn't known she was still in the room.

"Thank you." Caleb looked up at her, and smiled.

She smiled back. "You've got a very beautiful baby girl, whats her name?"

"Caydence." I answered her, as my eyes were still on the baby. "Her name is Caydence Marie Turman."

***************

( a week later )

"Caleb." I moaned in my sleep, as my face was buried in my pillow, and I heard the loud crying screamed of Caydence coming from the baby monitor. "Caleb, its your turn, you promised." I moved my hand over to his side of the bed, not feeling him. I sat up. "Caleb?" I looked around the dark room. I turned on the small lamp that sat besides my bed on a nightstand, and got up out of bed. I walked to Caydence's room, that was next to mines and Calebs, and opened the door.

I found Caleb, and Austin, sitting in the room, looking at the baby, as she was in Austin's arms.

I smiled, "Whats going on? Austin, why are you here? Do you even know what time it is?"

"Oh, well hello to you, too sleepy head." Austin grinned, widely. "And yes, it's only 8:30, wow, you really are a mom."

Caleb laughed. "Sorry, babe, I just thought I'd let you get some rest."

I smiled, "Well thanks, guys. What would I even do without you?"

"Oh, you wouldn't be able to survive!" Austin yelled.

"Austin." Caleb said, as he put his index finger over his lips.

"Oh, yeah, sorry." he whispered. "I forgot little baby Caydence is here now."

"How could you forget when your holding her in your arms?" I asked him.

Austin was quiet for a minute. "You know, do you ever wonder where she gets this blonde hair?"

I rolled my eyes. "I'm going to go get something to drink and then go back to bed. Thanks for watching the baby, guys." I turned and walked out of the room.

"Oh, Kennedy and Kyle are downstairs!" Austin yelled, which made the baby start crying.

I walked downstairs, and into the kitchen, where I found Kennedy and Kyle. "What are you guys doing?"
"Making bottles." Kyle said, with his back twoards me.

I raised my eyebrows, and looked at Kennedy. "Do you guys think I can't handle this or something?" I laughed as I walked over to the refrigerator to get a water bottle.

"Of course we think you can handle it." Kennedy started. "I just want to help out."

"Yeah." Kyle turned twoards Kennedy and I, with a bottle in his hand. "So lets go back upstairs and play with the kid."

Kennedy and I laughed, and followed Kyle up the steps, and into the room where all of the attention was being held.
♠ ♠ ♠
FINAL CHAPTER D:
But, the sequel is coming soon!
So this stories not even close to being over.
Comments, please. <3