Wait to Save Me, I'll Save You Too

Two.

"Ugh!" I groaned, putting my pillow over to my head. "Caleb, turn off the alarm." I asked, since it was on his side of the bed.
I took my pillow off my head, and looked at him to see if he was up. He was still sound asleep. His face was facing twoards me, he looked peaceful, with his mouth slightly open.
I took my pillow and hit him upside the head to wake him. "What!" his eyes were still closed.
"Please, turn that thing off!"
"Why couldn't you do it?" he reached his hand up, not looking, and hit the alarm until it was off.
"Because i'm freezing and I don't want to get up." I slid back under the covers.
"Wait a minute, Steph, it's Saturday. And it's only 6 a.m."
"I know. But I have to work."
"But it's saturday." he looked at me, finally opening his eyes. They were red and glossy.
"I have to work today."
"Why?" he seemed to not understand.
"Ughhh. I don't want to go in."
"Then don't, stay here with me all day. We can stay in bedddd." he humed in a melody.
I looked at him, then rolled my eyes. "Babe, I have to go in." I got up and walked over to my closet to get out my work clothes.
"You rather go to work and take care of animals, instead of staying with me all day?"
"Of course. " I joked. "Well, it's just you and your hand tonight." I went into the bedroom bathroom and started brushing my teeth.
"I'm not here for your entertainment, you don't really want to mess with me tonight. Just stop and take a second, I was fine before you walked into my life. Cause you know it's over, before it began. Keep your drink just give me the money. It's just you and your hand tonight." Caleb sang in the other room.
I spit out my toothpaste and looked into the room, where he was laying on the bed. "I'm not even going to ask you how you know that song."

He laughed. "Babyyyyyyy." he whined. "Just stay home."
"Caleb, you obviously don't understand the responsibilites of having a job. I can't just not show up." I walked out of the bathroom and grabbed my purse and cell.
"Okay. I'll miss you." he got up and ran over to me, hugging me from behind my back, holding onto my arms.
"I'll be back later." I laughed, and gave him a kiss.

******
"Kennedy, I'm so nervous." I told her, as I walked out of my bosses office. It was my first day working outdoors at the zoo, taking care of the animals.
"Don't be nevous! There's nothing too it. And besides, these animals are trained."
We walked out the building and headed our way to the seal/otter cages.
When we walked inside the cage, there were already two ladies in it. One was short, and had black short hair. The other one had blond long hair, and was sort of tall and laneky.
"Oh gosh." Kennedy said.
"What?" I asked her.

"Well, look who it is." the blond lady walked over to us, as the other lady looked up from feeding an otter. "Are you here to take over? Because I really need a smoke."
she looked directly to me. "Oh, well excuse my manners." she held out her hand. "I'm Candy. You must be new here."
"I'm Stephanie. And no, I'm not new here. I just finished my classes and today's my first day working outdoors."
"Oh, same difference." she looked away to her friend. "Carron! Come one, their taking over."
Carron got up. "Okay." and walked our way. "You can start by giving them baths, and then you can take them to the outside cage, before the zoo opens for the public. Buh-Bye." she said rudely, and then they walked out the cage.

"Wow..." I said.
"Yeah, I know. Their bitches, you'll have to get use to them." Kennedy walked over to an otter. "I guess we can get started. But, here." She threw some rubber gloves at me. "Where those. You can start with that seal."
I walked over to it, and bent down. "Awh," and pet its head.
Kennedy smiled. "Thats Caly."
"Well, hello Caly." I put out my hand. "Look's like i'll be taking care of you for a while."
Caly squeeled, and let out her fin to place it on my hand.
I gasped and looked at Kennedy.
She laughed.

******
( 12:00 p.m., Lunchtime.)

"Is that all your going to eat?" Kennedy asked me, as she took a drink of her vitamin water.
"Yeah, I'm not so hungry. And I have an upset stomach."
"Oh, well that sucks."

"Hey girls!!" Candy and Carron walked twoards our table in the launge.
"Mind if we join you?" Carron asked, pulling up two chairs to our table.
"I guess it's too late to say no." Kennedy gave her a fake smile.
"Oh, stop it sweety!" Candy moved her hand up and down.
"So, Stephanie, how old are you?" Candy asked.
"I'm 21." I said, quietly trying not to think about my upset stomach.
"Oh, so young! And how old are you again, Kennedy?"
"I'm 20, and why does age interest you so much all of a sudden?"
"I'm just trying to start a conversation here!"
"Okay, then. How old are YOU?" Kennedy snapped.
"I'm 33, honey. But I look good for my age, don't I?" Candy laughed, shaking her head.
"Actually, those cigarettes you smoke make you look 2x older." Kennedy laughed.
Candy's mouth dropped.
"That was mean! Candy looks really good for her age, and she's not even old!" Carron butted in.
"Joking?" Kennedy lied.

"So, do you have a boyfriend?" Candy looked at me, smacking her gum intensily.
"A fiance." I held out my hand to show her my ring.
"Ohmygaww!" Candy took my hand. "From the size of this ring, he must be a real man! It's gorgeous! What does he do for a living?"
"He's a performer."
"Like a comedian?"
Kennedy let out a laugh. "No, smart one. He's in a band."
"Ohhhhh! How fun!" Candy clapped her hands together.
"Whats the name of his band? I'm sure I've heard of it." Carron asked.
"Forever The Sickest Kids." I gave Kennedy one of those 'get them away from me' looks.
"Oh! That sounds sooo familier!" Candy and Carron said. "How lucky are you! What's his name? What does he do in the band! Fill me in girl!"
I sighed from being annoyed from all the questions they were asking.
"His names Caleb Turman, and he sings and plays the lead guitar."
"How awesome!" Candy squeeled.
"Yeah, well I think Stephanie and I are going to be going now..." Kennedy got up quickly, and I got up as well.
"Oh, okay." Candy sounded dissapointed. "Well, see ya girlies later!!"

Kennedy and I walked off as fast as we could, and immediatly started bursting up in laughter.
"Oh my gosh! Can you believe them? They think their cool or something!!"
"I know, how hysterical. She was really really getting annoying."
"She always is! She's going to be bugging us everyday now. I mean, did she not know I was being rude to her?
I took a deep breath and tried to stop laughing.
"Anyways, where to now?" I asked Kennedy.
"Penguins!" she sounded exited. "Then home."