Wait to Save Me, I'll Save You Too

Seven.

Caleb rented a car for the day when the guys had a show in Texas later in the night.
He had to drive about an hour since the show they were playing was an hour away.

When Caleb finally reached our house, he noticed my car wasn't there, but he went inside anyways.
He noticed all my stuff was gone, and seen the house key was on the kitchen counter.
Then he finally realized that I was at my mom's house.

He left the house, and got back into his rented car and drove another 15 minutes to my mom's house.
He got out of his car, once again, and made his way up to the front door, and banged on it for a couple minutes, until my mother answered.
"I'm coming, I'm coming!" she yelled. "Who in the hell comes pounding on a door at 2 in the morning!" then she looked up and seen Caleb.
"I'm sorry, Ms. Walker." he sounded embarassed.
"Ohh! Caleb! Hon, I'm so sorry! I didn't think that would be you!" she grabbed him by the neck and hugged him. "Come on in dear, Stephanie's up in her old bedroom."
"Thank you."he smiled, and bent down to kiss her on the cheek.
"Oh!" she laughed. "I missed you."
Caleb laughed, and turned around the corner, and ran up the stairs, almost tripping.

When he got to the top, he had to find a wall to grab onto so he wouldnt fall as he walked down the dark long hallway.
He didn't exactly remember where the right room was, so he had to check a couple, until he finally found the right one.
When he found the right room, it was easier for him to see again, since I've fallen asleep with the t.v. on, so it gave him some light.
He walked over to my bed, and kicked off his shoes, and pulled back the covers to get in with me.
He lay on his side, my back facing his front side, and put his arm around me.
I moved, and turned to face him. "Caleb?" i said, with my eyes half open.
"Hey, babe." he smiled big.
"Caleb, what are you doing?" I moved to my other side, facing him.
"I had to come home to see your face tonight." his finger touched my cheek.
I smiled. "It's almost 2:30 in the morning."
"I know. I just wanted to see you." he kissed me on my forehead.
I closed my eyes and took a deep, happy breath. "I missed you."
"You have no idea how much I missed you. And you have no idea how sorry I am for freaking out. I'm never going to do that again."
I opened my eyes, looking into his. "I know you're sorry. Lets just put that behind us, ok? Were going to be parents. We have to stick together."
"Wow, that's just freaky to hear." Caleb said.
"I know, right?" I laughed.
"But I'm kind of glad were going to have a kid."
"Really?" I was supprised.
"Yeah. It's our time to actually settle down for a while. It'll be exciting, I guess. And I'm glad your going to be the mother of my kid."
I laughed, again. "Wow, Caleb."
"What? I'm for real."
I smiled. "Yeah, I know that. And I'm happy."

*****
(11:30 a.m.)

I woke up the next morning, with Caleb staring at me. Which kind of freaked me out.
"Caleb. What the hell are you doing?"
"Nothing. Just watching you sleep. What were you dreaming about?"
"Your creepy." I laughed.
"I'm just kidding. You just look so beautiful when you sleep. It's hard for me to look away."
"What is with you?" I laughed. "Your such a suck up."
"Uhm, actually, I'm not. I'm just telling you the truth." he looked down at my stomach, and put his hand on it.
I glanced up at him, quickly.
"What?" he looked up at me, and smiled while his hand was still placed on my stomach.
"I don't know. Your the first one to do that, I mean, besides me."
Caleb smiled again, and sat up, and put his ear to my stomach. "Hey, you little baby in there! This is your daddy talking."
I laughed. "Your such a nerd!"
Caleb went on talking to my stomach. "I can't wait until you get here." he kissed my stomach.
"You really can't wait?"
"Duh. I just said that. I hope it's a boy. No, I hope it's a girl. Nevermind. I don't care what it is. But if it's a boy, I'm going to take him fishing all the time. And if its a girl, well, I'll just spoil her to death."
"Caleb, you don't even go fishing!" I laughed.
"Yeah, I know." he smiled.
"So, when do you have to leave?" I sounded sad.
"Ughh. You had to remind me. Well, the show starts around 6:00. And its a hour long drive. And I have to be there for practice and everything."
"Oh. So soon?"
"Well not too soon. I'll leave her by 2:00 I guess."
"I wish you didn't have to."
"I know. I wish I could stay here forever with you, in bed all day just talking."
"Me too."

"Knock, knock!" My mother came in the room. "Oh! Great! You two are up!" she sounded cheerful. "Who's hungry?!"
"FOOD!" Caleb yelled and got up from the bed. "Babe, aren't you coming? You have to eat." he stood by my mother.
"So much for staying in bed and talking." I got up and laughed.