No Denying You're the Habit I Can't Quit

One.

I sat in my 7th hour. World History class, starring at the clock. It seemed like I was in there for hours.
Mr. Labrosa. He's by far the most boringest teacher there is on this planet. I'm serious.
I can't pay attention to him more than 5 minutes. He makes this so boring. But hey, world history class is really boring, though.
He talks about one thing for 20 minutes. And its like, 'Come on, dude get on with what your trying to explain!'

The clock read 2:15. Ughhhh. Why is time going by so slow?!
Only ten more minutes until I get out of this class. I can't stand it in here.
None of my friends are in here with me to goof off with. I'm surrounded by jocks and preps.
Funfunfun.

My attention got caught on this kid named Jeremy.
He was like, playing with his two pencils and making car noises. I'm guessing he was making them be cars?
That kid is so annoying. I think he's a sophomore.
But whatever. Everyone in this classroom is annoying.
I mean, this is my senior year. Aren't I supposed to be spending my last days in high school having fun?

I sighed and focused my attention on that annoying kid again. He seemed to be the most interesting thing in this class right now.
I sighed and watched as he acted like his pencils were racing like they were race cars.
Then he stuck one of the pencils up his nose, to itch it. When he took it out of his nose, he wiped whatever was on the pencil on his desk.

"Ew." I said without thinking.
"Ms. Carden, is something wrong?" Mr. Labrosa asked from the front of the classroom.
"Uhm, no. Sorry." I looked down. I hate when a teacher says my name or calls on me in a quiet classroom like that. Because then that just makes everyone turn around and look at you.
"Okay. Then pay attention." he went on.

Yeah, right. Like I can really pay attention to your boring-ness.
I thought to myself.

"DIINNNGGGG!!" the bells went off which made everyone rush up out of their seats like they were selling free food outside the doors.
"Finally." I said to myself.
I got up and followed everyone out of the classroom door and walked quickly down the hallway to my locker.
I put in my cobination on the lock, and opened the locker to throw all of my books inside of it.
As I closed the locker, on the other side of it, there was Shaant.
I jumped from being startled.
"Boo." he tried not to smile.
I smacked his arm. "It's a little too late for that, loser."

Shaant and I have been best friends since the seventh grade. Well, he's one of my best friends.
We've been through a lot with eachother. And we've also always been there for one another.
And if I'm upset, and pouring down tears, it's him who I run to. He'll make me feel better no matter what.
He's there for almost everything for me. When my parents were going through a divorce, he was there.
I mean, I know that doesn't sound like a sad thing. But hey, it's a pretty hard and sad thing to go through.
Who really wants there parents to be divorced? I know I didn't. But it happened.
And, when my dog died, Shaant was there to get me the puppy I've always wanted. [his name is santi, by the way.]
And I love that dog.
So basically, he's always here for me.

And I'll let you in on a little secret, I'm in love with him.
Yepppppp, it's true. Only my sister Michelle, and my other best friend Jepha know.
And I don't plan on telling anyone OR Shaant anytime soon.
Do you know what that would do to our friend ship if I told him my feelings for him?
It wouldn't be the same. It would just be all weird and awkward to be around eachother. I'm not ruining that.
Michelle thinks I should tell him. She thinks he might feel the same way. Yeah right, were only friends. He would never feel that way about me. And I'll deal with it.

"So," Shaant started, "Do you want to go hang out or something?"
"And do what?" I asked as I put on my Forever The Sickest Kids hoodie.
"I don't know. Whatever you want."
"Wellllllll, I am hungry."
Shaant laughed. I love that laugh.
"Then let's go get some food."
"Okay. Let's see if Jepha, Jeff, Michelle, and Andrew want to come." I said pulling my cellphone out to call them. "There's no way we'll find them in these hallways."
"Alright." Shaant said, as he rested his self against a locker.

*******

After everyone agreed to go, we all rode to Steak 'N Shake. Just because I wanted one of their shakes. Ahahaha.
We went in, and got a table and ordered our food.

"I'm so hungry I can't wait that long. Please." Andrew said to the waitress.
The annoyed waitress rolled her eyes. "You'll live." and walked off.
"What a biotchhh." I said as I played with the napkin holder.
"Who's paying for all this food anyways?" Jeff asked.
"Uhm dude your paying for your own." Andrew said.
"We'll just split the money." Michelle said to her boyfriend, Andrew.
"Are playing with those napkins fun?" Shaant asked me.
"What? Oh yeah I guess." I laughed.
"It looks fun." Jepha said. "Can I play with them?"
"You guys are so lame." Jeff said.
"Acho!" Shaant sneezed. "Bless me."
We laughed. "It's pretty bad when you have you bless yourself." Michelle said.
"Well that's because no one says it to me."
"What the heck. You didn't give anyone the chance to." I said. "So, bless you." I smiled.
"Awh, why thanks." He said sarcastically and smiled.
"Where is that stupid waitress!" Andrew complained. "Shes pissing me off."
We all bursted out laughing as the waitress was being Andrew, holding the sodas and shakes.
Andrew looked at her, and looked down quickly, because he was embarassed.

"Dude." Shaant said with a quiet laugh, and shaking his head.
As the waitress walked away, everyone grabbed their shakes and sodas.
I took a drink of mine, and kept drinking and drinking.
"You better hope that waitress doesn't spit or do something to your food." Michelle said.
Jepha laughed. "I hope she does."
"Well I'm so hungry so it doesn't matter."
Everyone laughed.
"Your going to get a brain-freeze." Shaant said, looking closely to me.
"No I'm not. I don't get them."
"Can I have that cherry?" Andrew asked.
"No, take Michelles."
Andrew looked at Michelle.
"You shouldn't of eaten yours so fast." Michelle smiled.
"Jeff?"
"No. Sorry."

"Don't worry Andrew your not going to die, the food's here." Shaant said.
The waitress rolled her eyes.
She placed all of our plates down, and almost dropped Andrew's onto him and walked away.
"Did you see that?" He said. "She's not getting a tip. I hope she knows that."
We laughed.
"Your so lame." Jepha said.
*******

After we all ate, we split the bill, and walked out of the resteraunt.
"See you guys later." Jeff said as him and Jepha got into his car.
"Stephanie, are you riding with us?" Michelle asked as Andrew got into the car.
"Uhm." I looked at Shaant.
"I'll drive you home." He said.
"No, Shaant's taking me home." I smiled.
She smiled back. "Okay. I'll see you later."

I watched them all drive off, and then got into Shaant's car.
I sighed and looked out the window.
"Whats the matter?" he asked me.
"Nothing, why?" I looked at him.
"Just making sure." he started the engine and made his way out of the Steak 'N Shake parking lot.

"My step-dad is going to have a fit with me when I get home." I said out of no where.
"Why's that?" he kept his eyes on the road.
"I don't know. Because I hate him and he told me to come home right after school, just because I came home late the other night." I rolled my eyes.
Shaant looked at me. "Steph, why didn't you tell me?"
"It doesn't matter."
"Yes, it does. Now your going to be in trouble because of me."
I laughed. "It's not your fault. I'll just ignore him."
"Okaaaaaaay."
After 5 minutes of silence, we made our way to my house.
He pulled into the drive-way and put the car in park.
"Do you want me to go in with you?" He asked me.
I unbuckled my seatbelt."No. It's okay. Just call me later, ok?"
"Okay." He grabbed my hand as I got out of the car. "If you need me, call me first."
"I will Shaant." I smiled. "Byeeeee."

"Stephanie! Is that you!?" I heard, as I walked into the front door.