Out of the World She's Grown So Fearful Of

Five.

"So what are you doing tonight?" Kennedy's best friend, Stephanie, said over the phone.
"Me and Kyle are going out for dinner tonight. For our three month anniversary." Kennedy answered, with a smile in her voice.
"Ohhhhh. That's cool."
"What?" Kennedy said, quickly.
"What? Why did you say 'what' like that?"
"I don't know. You just sounded suspicious or something."
Stephanie laughed. "No, I was just wondering what you were up to. Me and Caleb are going to the movies tonight."
"Oh. That'll be fun. What are you going to see?"
"I don't know yet. Probably that new Mike Myers movie. I don't know. Caleb's been bugging me about it."
Kennedy laughed. "Well, hey, I'll call you back because I need to get in the shower, and my batterie's going dead anyways."

Stephanie said goodbye, and Kennedy hung up her cell phone, and walked into her and Kyle's bedroom to put it on it's charger.
She made her way into the bathroom and turned on the shower, and heard the phone ring.
She rolled her eyes, and walked down the hallway to the living room and grabbed the cordless phone.

"Hello?" she answered taking a deep breath.
No answer. Just breathing.
"Listen, I don't know who the hell this is, but stop fucking bothering me."
Still, no answer. The breathing grew faster, and louder.
Kennedy hung the phone up quickly.

She hated when she got those calls when she was home by herself. Most of the time, she made Kyle answer them.
But that still didn't do anything. If they ignored the call and didn't answer it, whoever the person was, would just call her cellphone. Which made her have to turn it off. Sure, it scared Kennedy. She had no idea who it was. It's been going on for months. Ever since she had left Ronnie. But Kyle always tried convincing her that it couldn't be Ronnie because they have a restraining order against him. But that didn't matter to her. Just the thought of him, gave her chills up and down her spine.

Kennedy walked out of the living room, and over to the front door to make sure it was still locked.
It was.
She's always had a fear of being home by herself, and not having the door locked.
She always keeps it locked.
After she checked, she walked back down the hallway, and got ready for her shower before Kyle would arrive home soon.

*****

"So," Kennedy started as she and Kyle were riding in his car, "Where exactly are we going, babe?"
"Nicola's Ristorante Italiano." He answered her, in his best Italian accent.
She laughed at him. "Awh, you know I love that place!"
Kyle glanced at her, and smiled quickly before replacing his eyes back on the road. "I know you do. That's why I'm taking you." he placed his hand into hers.
Kennedy smiled at him. "I love you."
He smiled, again. But kept his eyes on the road. "You have no idea, babe."

*****

After Kennedy and Kyle had finished their dinner, of course, they ordered dessert.
When Kyle left for the restroom, Kennedy sat at the fancy table by herself, looking around the room and drinking her sparkling water.
She looked out the window at the dark clear night, and noticed the old beat up jeep that she's noticed earlier in the day that was behind her and Kyle's car.
It looked familier to her, but she didn't pay too much attention to it. When she looked away from the window, she noticed Kyle walking twoards their table again, with a huge beautiful smile on his face. She loved his smiled. It was so perfect. He was so perfect to her. He treated her like she's always wanted to be treated her entire life. She was so thankful to have him, too.

"What are you thinking about?" Kyle asked her, as he sat down in his chair.
"Nothing, really. Just stuff."
"I see." he smiled at her, and grabbed both of her hands.
She smiled at him. "Your being awfully sweet, tonight."
"Is that a bad thing?"
"No." she laughed. "Not at all."

Kyle took a deep breath. "Listen, Kenn, there's something I've been meaning to do all night." he looked down.
"What? What is it?" Kennedy sounded worried.
"Well...."
"Kyle. Just say it. I hate when people do this." she grasped her hands our of his.

Kyle got up, and reached into his pocket and pulled out a small black box, and bent down on one knee, and opened it.
Kennedy looked down at him, and her mouth dropped. "Kyle...?"
"Kennedy, you mean so much to me. There's not a day that goes by that I don't thank god your finally mine, and that you've finally came into my life. I love you. More than anything in this universe. I would do anything for you. Anything. I would kill for you." he looked up at her, she had tears coming down the rest oher cheek. "Just, Kennedy, would you be my wife? I want to spend the rest of my life with you." he smiled.
"Are you sure you want to marry me? I mean, I'm not as perfect as you think." she whiped her tears.
"Babe, of couse I want to marry you. Or else I wouldn't be on my knee like this.Your so more than perfect to me. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. And have little kids. I love you."
Kennedy smiled. "Yeah." she nodded her head a couple times. "Yeah. I'll marry you." she smiled big, as will.
Kyle smiled, and put the big diamond ring on her finger, and got up, and gave her a big kiss.

People in the restaurant cheered once they heard Kennedy's answer, which made her and Kyle both feel embarassed.
Kyle sat back in his chair, and grabbed his new finace's hands again. "You don't know how long I've been wanting to do that tonight."
She smiled. "I'm glad you did."
"I love you." he took her hand, and kissed it.
"I love you too, Kyle."

"Your dessert," an italian waiter hander Kyle and Kennedy. "Congradulation's with the proposal."
"Thank you." Kyle smiled brightly.
Kennedy sighed deeply, and smiled.
"You okay?" Kyle said.
"Of course I am. I'm so happy."
"Me too, baby. I'm so deeply in love with you."