We Don't Always See The Bright Side And I Lied When I Said I was Fine

A change of feelings

It was the next day at school. Frank didn’t know anyone in this class, so he sat alone in the back of the room, like usual. It was geography, but Frank couldn’t concentrate on his work. He just sat there staring at the blank piece of paper, off in his own little world. The teacher didn’t bother to notice. She just focussed on the others, telling them to get a move on. Maybe it was because he wasn’t making any noise with it. Or maybe it was because he still got quite good grades, even if he didn’t do the work. He didn’t know. All he knew is that non of his teachers really took any notice. Or they never seemed to. But that wasn’t what was bugging him today. It wasn’t the other kids either, nor was it his parents. The fact was, he just couldn’t stop thinking about him. Mikey. Maybe it was because he did care for him. But this was weird. It was… as if he was starting to fall for him.
Frank shook his head. No, that was silly. He was straight. And even if he did enjoy that kiss with him, it meant nothing. Right? It didn’t mean he was turning gay or bisexual for his best friend did it?
Frank blinked and started reading the questions on the board but he could not make sense of them. Instead, his head started getting clouded with thoughts of Mikey again. He wondered what they were going to do that night. It had been agreed that Frank could stay there as long as he liked. Frank’s parents didn’t know where Mikey lived, even if they did know that he was staying with him, so it did no harm really.
The bell rang, jerking Frank out of his trance. He rushed to gather his things up and leave the classroom. He needed to clear his mind as soon as possible. He needed to sort out his thoughts and be sure that he wasn’t falling for Mikey.
“Yo Frank, duuuude!” But now obviously wasn’t the time. Frank turned around to see the twins, Ronnie and Jet.
“You okay? You look a bit… odd.” Ronnie asked.
“Yeah, I’m fine. I’ve just got a lot on my plate. I’d rather not talk about it though”
“Oh… okay” Both Ronnie and Jet looked a little upset, but they didn’t press him further. They knew it wasn’t really any of their business any way.
“Hey guys!” The three had walked themselves to the guys usual meeting spot where Mikey and Scarlet were already sat.
“I’m having a party tonight…” Mikey announced casually. “It’s Gerard’s really… but he told me to invite you all,”
“sounds cool” Scarlet smiled. “Straight after school, or later on?”
“Starts around seven. But you can come right away”
“Naaaah…. We need to get changed and stuff” Jet said, pulling at his t-shirt. It was covered in mud, as were his trousers and converse.
“Yeah… we’ve been having a mud fight” Ronnie announced, proudly grinning.
Frank just sat and listened to the conversation, occasionally nodding and watching Mikey, but moving his head every now and then so he didn’t look like some freaky stalker type. He couldn’t decide. Did he like him or not? Maybe it was just because of all Mikey had done for Frank in the past few days. It was all just so confusing.