Tonight We'll Make the Headlines.

Chapter 17

You know the saying nothing lasts forever? Yeah, well it’s fucking true. The alliance with Frank was unshockingly short lived. Frank turned out to be the back-stabbing liar I always knew he was. I just didn’t know he would completely ruin the life I had feebly built out of the remnants of my previously destroyed one.
I don’t know how he did it either. Brainwashed Ray to convince him that all I was doing was putting on a façade. That I only claimed to be happy with him so I could have a place to stay and food to eat. It hurts me that someone could think I’m just a robot incapable of feeling anything but hatred and that I don’t feel guilty enough about what I have done.

I came home from the grocery store, one of my unwanted errands, and saw Frank with his mouth on my boyfriend. Bob, just act like you didn’t see or you don’t care. They want robot they’re going to get one.

I sucked up the pain that was locked in my chest and the lump that was rising in my throat and walked right past them into the kitchen to set the bag on the counter and begin unloading dinner for tonight.
Vegetarian something or rather for Frank, and a tri-tip for the rest of us. Corn on the cob, lettuce, soda. It all seemed so trivial now. The only thing running through my mind, is refraining from hitting one of the two with something hard.
Dinner passed painfully slow because everyone was acting normal, at least as much as they could at the current moment in time. Everyone except for me. Once I cleared my plate, I dropped it in the sink a little too hard, because it broke in half, but I kept walking to my room.

Let them come after me if they care.