I Do Not Fall For Boys

" Well, Bam, I'm Ville"

VILLE’S POV
America, the word echoed in my mind, I sighed to myself and stared out onto the street waiting for the school bus. I couldn’t help but wonder how many other kids were standing on their lawns waiting for the same bus. I was told I think too much many times. But never in school, school bored me and I put little effort into it, just enough to pass was good enough for me.
I took another drag of my cigarette, even though I knew how bad it was for me, especially with my asthma and everything but it was better than another vice. The toxic air filled my lungs and I breathed out slowly. I flicked the cigarette into a puddle near my feet and as I did slow caught sight of my reflection.
Green eyes circled by thick smudgy black eyeliner that I have a feeling I was gonna regret when I stepped into the school yard. I was different and I wasn’t about to change that, screw them. I’ll be their weird foreign fag and they can shove it. I felt myself tense but I shook it off.
I saw the yellow bus approaching and begrudgingly climbed aboard. Oh the joy of schooling, I thought as I walked down the aisle watching everyone stare like I was a new animal on display at the circus.
I decided ignorance was bliss and I hung my head down, pretending to be intrigued by the ground.

BAM’S POV
I stood in the gravel driveway waiting for the school bus, board under my arm. Why I couldn’t just skate to school I didn’t get, something about not trusting me to actually go to school. So maybe I’ve ended up in the principal’s office the odd time or ten but still.
Finally the yellow bus lurched shakily around the corner. Nice to see the school holds our lives so dearly I thought sarcastically rolling my eyes.
The bus door slid open with an unstable hiss and I trudged up the mud covered stairs, looking for my usual seat.
What the hell? Some kid is sitting in my seat. That’s mine, everyone knows that. Normally I wouldn’t care for something so petty as a seat except that if you don’t get a seat you end up standing and our bus drive can’t, well...drive.
“Kid” I said, looking at the anorexically thin guy sitting in my seat.
He lifted his head slowly and glanced up at me. My jaw dropped slightly, not noticeably though. His eyes were emerald green, glittering it seemed and his fine facial structure made him look so frail and slightly feminine. He looked scared, I decided to lay off the kid.
“Uh, can you move ya bag?” I asked, relatively polite.
He stared blankly for a while then dumped his bag on the ground and I sat down. He then put his head back down and stared blankly out the window.
“You’re not very talkative are ya?” I asked getting bored when I noticed the bus had gone past Dunn’s place and he hadn’t got on.
“I suppose not” The kids green eyes peered up shyly as he slumped in his seat.
“That’s one weird accent you got there kid” I told him after taking a moment to figure out, through his thick accent, what he was saying.
“Finland” he said after a moment.
“Finland? Sweet, how’d you end up here then?” I asked trying to carry the conversation along out of boredom.
“My parents, they wanted...how you say, sea change?” he replied sitting up a bit.
“That’s one hell of a sea change” I commented rolling the wheels on my skateboard, “you skate?”
He shook his head, “I’m not really good with sports”
Skating was my life so that was a bit of conversation killer there but Dunn wasn’t on and I can’t sit in silence.
“What do you then?” I asked
“Draw, sing, drink, smoke,” he grinned, “that’s pretty much all”
I laughed and shook my head, “So you’re gonna be the new foreign kid at school”
He groaned a little “I suppose so”
“If you get lost or whatever just ask me, I’m usually around” I replied
“Thank-you erm, I didn’t get your name” he smiled sheepishly.
“Bam,” I replied
“Bam?” he looked quizzical
“Bam...well Brandon but no one calls me that or I’ll hit em” I laughed, hating that name.
“Well, Bam, I’m Ville” he said with a distant smile.