I Do Not Fall For Boys

“You think I’m insane, don’t you”

VILLE’S POV
I walked as fast as my legs would carry me without making it obvious I was desperate to get away. Why had I done that? Only chance to actually have friends and I blew it. I’m such an idiot. I shoved my hands in the pocket of my jacket, and then felt something sharp.
I grabbed it and pulled it out, a razor. Now I remembered the last time I’d worn this jacket, it was a couple of months ago and I had been fighting with my mom, I don’t even remember what about but I do remember sitting in my room hunched over in the darkness...I pulled my jacket sleeves down further to cover the scars on my wrists.
As I walked I realized I’d ended up in an empty classroom, I looked down at the razor. Why was I so stupid? Why’d I have to ruin a simple friendship? Why was I so dumb? I stared at the way the light reflected of the razor in my hand then made a cut in my wrist. It felt good to take out my anger on myself, to feel the pain I deserved.

BAM’S POV
What the? I was still in shock from his last statement as I watched him walk off.
Should I follow him or would he think that was weird? Screw him I’m gonna find him and I grabbed my board and followed him.
Finally I found him, his back facing the door as he sat in the furthest corner of the dark room.
“Ville?” I called.
I saw his frail figure jump a bit.
“It’s ok, it’s just me. Bam.” I said softly, approaching him quietly.
“I’m sorry” came his barely audible whisper.
“Nah, it’s cool” I replied casually as I went to sit next to him
“It’s not, it’s not ok, nothing’s ever ok” he sobbed.
I sat down cross-legged next to him, that’s when I noticed a pool of what appeared red on the cream carpet. What the...my eyes drifted to him, he was clutching his arm, blood pouring out.
“HOLY SH-T!” I yelled and tried to see through the darkness of the room.
“I didn’t mean to, it just slipped” he said in a psychotic voice.
“F-CK, VILLE!” I shouted, “What the hell did you do” My eyes were wide as I stared in fear.
He just stared distantly the blood seeping down his arm.
“Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap” I repeated trying to think of what to do.
“I’ll call for help” I stood up quickly.
“NO!” Ville shouted in a loud voice, I didn’t know he had in him.
“VILLE you’re bleeding everywhere!” I shouted back.
He latched onto my leg, I tried to shake him off.
“Please,” he looked into my eyes with such a sad puppy-like expression.
“Please don’t” he cried, tears streaming down his high cheekbones.
“You’ll bleed to death” I told him as he still clung to my leg, as if for dear life.
He tugged gently on my jeans, signaling me to sit down. I didn’t have much of a choice so I sat down next to him.

VILLE’S POV
“Ville, you’re a f-ckwit, just so you know” Bam said sourly.
“You can’t call. They take me. They’ll take me away” I said still holding onto Bam’s jean hem.
“Who will?” Bam replied.
“My parents, they’ll make me go to a physiatrist” I sobbed, feeling like a complete retard.
“And it never occurred to you that maybe you need to?” Bam asked, his eyes not leaving the deep wound on my arm.
“I hate them, they talk to me like I’m insane”
There was a silence.
“C’mon Ville, you need to get this fixed before you bleed out” Bam said getting up.
“You think I’m insane, don’t you” I asked him as I lay on the ground.
“Whether I think so or not isn’t important right now” Bam rang his fingers through his hair, “C’mon we’ll go to the school nurse’s office”
“NO! She’ll tell my parents, you can’t make me go. I won’t go” I pouted like a child.
“FINE!” Bam shouted. I looked up at him. “Sorry Ville. Fine...we can go to my house. My mom can probably fix it”
“Really?” I asked with a sniffle.
“Yeah, now come on Finland” he helped me up.