Sequel: Ocean of Emotion

Broken Hearts May Have Their Doubts

Eleven

"I hate my life," I groaned, leaning my head on Harmony's shoulder. I'd cried it out, covering my face with smeared metallic make up. I probably like a right state. But right now, I wasn't overly bothered. I needed a plan, because they were leaving tomorrow, to finish their tour for god knows how long, then they'd be back in Surrey and I'd be stuck here in sodding Leeds. Which is forever and a day away.

"You don't hate your life, you just hate the current situation," Harmony said. Am I having deja vous, or have we heard this before? I'm sure we have, the first time Josh Franceschi cast his stupid boy spell on me all those years ago.

"No really, I hate my life. My dad's a fool. My mum ran off with some French old rich man, and now Josh hates my guts. It's not worth living anymore!"

"Spare me the dramatics," Polly's voice drifted over to us, and she sat down on the step beside Harmony. My dad, Sacha and Libby weren't far behind her. They all sat on the steps around me. I groaned at the sight of my dad. He sat down next to me and a ripping sound followed the movement.

"Mr Bradley, have your jeans - ?" Sacha asked, pursing her lips to hold in her giggles.

Dad nodded his head. "I knew these jeans were too tight," he shook his head, shifting slightly and looking at me. "Now, whats wrong?"

"Dad, no offence, but your the last person I'd come to when I have boy troubles and need some major advice. I mean, you've just embarrassed me so much in there, what is wrong with you? You know I practically live here now and you just had to come along and shake your arse around in jeans that are three sizes too small, twang on that sodding guitar that you still cannot play after seven years, and make a complete fool of yourself."

"Okay, kiddo, one these jeans did fit at the beginning of the night, two I can play that guitar now, I've got a certificate and everything and three, the crowd loved us. Frigging loved us, Bliss!"

"I bet Max and Chris are running scared at your guitar skills."

"Well Maxie boy ran off earlier, didn't he? And actually, Chris was telling me how good I am, as well as that other boy, I don't know his name, Luke or something?"

I groaned and closed my eyes. Lucas. In my dramatics and painful sorrow, I'd completely forgot about his amazingness, and how sweet he was and his looks, and everything. I was going to have to tell him how I truly felt, or I'd be branded a tart. No, I wouldn't. I've not even done anything. I've kissed him, and that's it! I'm not a Sacha clone. Anyway, I'm rambling. "It's Lucas, dad. Where is he? I need to speak to him."

"Are you sure you want to?" Harmony asked, trying her best to sort out my very windswept hair and make it look half decent.

I nodded. "I need to apologise and tell him about the Josh situation and stuff. God, I feel like such a bitch." I stood up and stepped around them all clustered on the steps and headed back into the building.

Thankfully, all of dad's band mates had vacated stage left, and had hopefully being barred from the place, never to return again. If that hadn't happened already, I hope it would.

The lights were a dim purple colour, and people were dancing to the Klaxons track that was currently pumping through the speakers. I spotted Lucas standing beside the bar, a bottle of beer in one hand, his eyes alight with conversation as he talked with Dan, Matt and Chris. It seemed a shame that their short lived friendship had the possibility of ending in about five seconds.

I made my way over to them and Matt spotted me first, slight confusion crossing his features as he studied my face, expression and appearance.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

I nodded. "Fine." I turned to look at Lucas, "can I talk to you?"

He nodded, smiling at me, then he chugged the last of his beer, leaving the bottle on the bar, before following me towards the toilets. I pushed the door to the women's open and dragged him inside. A couple of girls were standing in front of the mirrors, applying more make up to their already overly made up faces, creating masks between the people they wanted to be and the people they were. I folded my arms and tapped my foot against the floor, sighing heavily and waiting for them to shift so we could have a private conversation.

"Fucks sake, Bradley, calm down," I knew that voice. Jenny Darby tore her dull green eyes away from her reflection and smirked at me. "You can't rush perfection."

"There must've been a rush when they made you then, now hop it," Lucas snarled at her, jabbing his thumb towards the door. The two other girls who were adding more plumping gloss to their pouts sighed, throwing their lip gloss tubes into their bags before sweeping out of the toilets.

Jenny stuck around, shooting both of us dark looks. "Bliss has a bedroom for that kinda thing. Unless you get a kick out of doing it in public toilets, is that why Josh ditched you?"

"Jenny, for crying out loud, shut up about it! I know me and Josh aren't together anymore, but at least I still have a chance. You don't have a hope in hell with him. You never did, you don't and you never will."

She pulled a face, flouncing past the two of us and letting the door swing shut behind her.

"Well she's a bitch," Lucas said, he walked over to the sinks and pulled himself up onto them, leaning his back against the mirror. He pushed the button on top of the hot water tap and watched the water swirl around in the sink before running down the plug hole.

"Lucas, I'm so sorry. You'll hate me for this, but we can't take things any further. Believe me, if there was no Josh, I really would. You're amazing, but you deserve someone so much better than me, someone who won't mess you around. I still have feelings for Josh, really strong ones. I'm not over him, even after all this time and I messed up. I need to put it right before tomorrow, so I had to tell you now," I rambled.

He smiled and looked up at me. "I knew you weren't over him. It's understandable, I mean you just have to look at him. He's gorgeous."

I raised one eyebrow in confusion, never having spoken to a boy like this about another boy before. I was confused beyond belief. "What?"

He chuckled. "I lied to you, and I do feel a bit bad about it. Not so much anymore, because you realised your feelings for Josh, but Bliss, I'm gay."

My jaw dropped. "Oh my god. I have a gay friend! This is fantastic. Lucas, thank you!" I lunged at him and kissed his lips forcefully, before pulling away and grinning up at him. "After getting Josh back, my next mission is to find you a boyfriend."

Lucas giggled. "Fine, but go and get your man back, before that awful bitch gets her claws into him."