Sequel: Ocean of Emotion

Broken Hearts May Have Their Doubts

Thirteen

My eyes opened slowly the next morning. I was still in my clothes from the night before. Make up smears still stained my pale cheeks. The soft, comfortable duvet was pulled up to my chin. My sight lazily landed upon the clock at the side of my bed, my eyes widened at how late it was. I jumped out of bed, as if the mattress had burned me and began gathering things up, slipping my feet into my shoes. I pulled a facial wipe from the packet sitting on my desk and scrubbed at my cheeks, until they were clean and I was perfectly bare faced and going au natural. There was no time for the war paint.

I stumbled out of my room and into the hall to see no one in sight at all. The two fools I live with had left me. Left me to be heart broken, whilst they could swan about talking about their musician boyfriends to all their artist friends and bloody boring sods Libby chats to about Shakespeare. I mean how would she slip that into a conversation? 'Oh yes, my boyfriend, Matthew is much like Romeo, did you know he's a musician?'

I fumbled with the lock on the door, before staggering down the corridor and out into the cool windy day. I glanced at the bus stop, the queue was huge, people waiting to go to certain places. I then looked down the road to see the bus I'd need had already left the stop that was across the road from me. Fantastic. So now I had no choice but to bloody exercise. So I broke into a run.

The note was clasped in my hand as I ran. My legs were carrying me as fast as they possibly could. I darted across the road, a car almost collided into my legs, but I ran. I had to see him. To jump into his arms and apologise, over and over. And hopefully, things would be okay.

My heart stopped when I saw a van pull out of the car park and speed off down the street, joining the length of traffic lining the tarmac. My chest became heavy and my heart sunk down to my feet as I stood there, tears dripping down my cheeks, the note still gripped in between my shaking fingers. He was gone. That was it. This was the end. Over. Done. Finished. Nada.

"No, no, no, no!" I cried, stamping my foot on the ground. I know I probably looked like a five year old not getting her own way in Toys R Us, but I was quickly becoming distressed. Life simply wasn't worth much without him in it.

"Bliss, you look like a spoiled six year old."

I looked up to see Josh leaning over the wall that divided the street from the Carling Academy building. My tears soon stopped and I stared at him, my hair sticking to my wet cheeks, soon becoming dirty from the salty tears. Josh smiled and jogged down the steps, walking over to me, his hands stuffed into the pockets of his hoodie. "Hi."

"But you just left - " I said, pointing towards the distance, the traffic which had moved further up the road, the van no longer in sight.

"Not exactly. The guys and Sacha are in the van, yes, but I wanted to speak to you before we went anywhere."

I stepped closer to him, throwing myself onto him, wrapping my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck, kissing his lips forcefully. His arms wound around me to keep me up and his lips moved in time with my own.

"I'm so sorry," I breathed, tangling the fingers of one hand into his soft hair, I held the note out with the other, "and this, I'm so sorry I didn't read it the second you wrote it. I'm sorry for being an idiot and a bitch, and for not listening when I know I should have, and for everything with Lucas, I know I hurt you."

"Forgiven. I'm sure I can find some other way to punish you," he smirked.

"Isn't you going away on tour enough?"

He titled his head on one side. "Come with us?"

I shook my head. "You know I can't." I jumped down and dropped the note on the floor, watching the piece of paper flutter away in the wind. I gently took Josh's hand and looked up deep into his eyes. "I want you to go and have an amazing time. Okay? Don't miss me, because I'm totally going to be calling and texting every five seconds, so you won't have time to miss me. I love you."

He bent his head down and reattached our lips into one of many sweet kisses, before reluctantly pulling away, as a white van pulled up at the side of the road, the door sliding open and Max popping his head out. "Come on lovebirds, I hate to break up this mushy scene, but we need to go."

"I love you. Have fun, and I guess I'll see you when it's done," I smiled brightly up at him.

Josh nodded. "I love you too, stay away from boys called Lucas, okay? Libby's agreed to keep an eye on you for me." He pecked my lips, before turning to climb into the van.

"Um, Josh?" He turned around and looked at me. "There's something you should know about Lucas."

"And what's that?"

"You're more his type than I am. He's gay, babe."

He leaned forward and kissed my lips again. "Still stay away. You could turn him." He grinned at me, before climbing into the van and sliding the door shut behind him.

I was smiling like a fool as I waved at them all, watching them pull away and laughing at Max pulling kissy faces from the back window.

So for once, Sacha was right. I did get my happy ending.
♠ ♠ ♠
But it's not over, till the fat lady sings.
Epilogue tomorrow, kids.