Status: Chapter 14 is here!

Slytherin

The First Task

DISCLAIMER: Sadly, I do not own any of the characters of Harry Potter. I do, in fact, own Paige and the other characters that you don’t recognize. I made up most of this cuz this is, as you all know, a fanfiction and I can do whatever I please because I control it! Muwahahaha! Boy this is a long disclaimer…

Walking into History of Magic on November 24th, a Tuesday morning, felt a little odd. It wasn’t an ordinary day, no. It was the day of the first task of the Tri-Wizard Tournament. Classes were supposed to stop midday, and then everyone would walk down to some arena by the lake where we would see the first task. It was very exciting, but I was not quite in the mood for such a fiesta. Draco hadn’t said a word to me since the day that we had that immense fight, and because of that, neither had the rest of the Slytherins.

It was the first three years of Hogwarts all over again.

On November 2nd, a little over twenty days ago, I walked down the stairs to the common room to find that all of the Slytherins were staring at me, and I fully well knew why. They were all remembering the little argument that happened between Draco and me the morning before. I felt self-conscious as I made my way out into the dungeon hallway, and had to focus all of my energy on not crying. I could not let it show that they were getting to me.

As a result to my return to the bottom of the Slytherin food chain, I had to sit with the Gryffindors during class. But since that really was not an option for me during breakfast, lunch or dinner, I had to endure their snide little comments to me about how I was a crybaby, and a whore, and, worst of all, a cow. I would occasionally glance up to see if Draco was contributing to this insult party, but he was always staring at his plate or talking to Pansy, revealing that he was trying his hardest to ignore me. Who would talk to Pansy unless it was against their will?

I suppose that he thought that he was doing me a favor, by leaving me be. But I actually preferred it when he talked to me, even if it was insulting. It meant that he knew I existed. That was the one shred of hope I had clung onto for three years. He knew I was alive. But now, it’s like I was invisible to him.

Neville stood up at his desk and waved me over cheerfully, and I smiled at him. He was really the only friend that I had left. Well, to be honest, he was probably the only real friend that I had ever had to begin with.

I placed my bag on the floor next to the desk that we shared, and took the seat that Neville had pulled out for me. He was so sweet to me.

“So how are you?” he asked me, his sweet little dorky smile displayed on his face.

“I’m fine,” I answered, returning his smile with a small grin. “I’m kind of excited for the task later today.”

“Me too!” he exclaimed. His eyes slightly glazed over. “I can’t wait to see Harry in action. I mean, we’ve heard all of these stories about him, how amazingly he fights against the dark arts, and now we might actually get to witness this.”

I chuckled. He was like a little kid in a candy shop. Although, despite his enthusiasm, I could tell that he was slightly jealous of The-Boy-Who-Lived. But I could never imagine him fighting ferociously against anything, really. I do recall him engaged in an epic battle with Hagrid’s Monster Book of Monsters in our third year.

“Good morning class,” Professor Binns greeted the class in his usual, boring tone, indicating that class had started and that we all needed to shut up.

Only a few more hours until the first task began…

********

Anxiously, the entire school made its way down to the arena, and I was one of them. Of course, with Neville by my side. As I examined the rest of the students, I noticed that most of them were wearing badges that bore the message, “Potter Stinks.” They pissed me off, so I ripped them off anyone who was wearing one and chucked it at their heads.

“Hey!” One of them exclaimed at me, and I turned around to chuck something else at them, to find it was Paul Jolkins. He glared at me for a second, and then walked away, no longer acknowledging me.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed Neville’s hand, dragging him the rest of the way to the arena.

The tournament itself mainly consisted of the champions dodging dragons, and their attempts at trying to steal the golden dragon egg. I was mostly bored, until I saw Harry come out, looking pale and nauseous. Bet it sucked to go last.

Our little cheering team, which consisted of me, Neville, and Hermione, since every other Gryffindor hated Harry at the moment, stood up and screamed for him. He did not glance at us the entire time; he mostly paid attention to the fire-breathing dragon that he was running from. Or, I should say, flying from, considering he used his wand to call his Firebolt to the arena.

And then…it was all over. Harry had successfully acquired his egg, and he looked extremely relieved. He was dragged into the first aid tent, and the arena began to slowly empty itself. Once everyone had seen that Harry was going to come out alive, the Gryffindor’s jeers turned to cheers. They had oh so suddenly chosen his side. Gits.

After Neville left me to go party with the rest of the Gryffindors, not before begging me to come with him and me refusing with claims of a headache, I walked by myself to the Slytherin common room. I knew I shouldn’t have walked alone, with the Freak on the loose and all, but I didn’t even care anymore.

“You might as well come and get me now,” I yelled into the air angrily, stopping in the middle of the dungeons. “Draco doesn’t want me anymore. Who would care if I went missing?”

I wasn’t expecting a reply.

“Now that’s not true,” Draco said softly, leaning casually against the wall. I jumped at the sound of his smooth voice.

“Oh, it’s you,” I said quietly, fearing it was the Freak. “I thought you weren’t speaking to me.”

“Nah, why would I do that?” he asked, his cockiness back in his voice. “I just needed some time to think about what you said. And you’re right.”

I think my heart just stopped.

“I did only like you for your looks,” he admitted, avoiding my eyes and walking around me. “But I want to change that now.”

He walked to the front of me, and slowly dragged his hands down my arms until they were tangled in-between my fingers. I shivered, but was still confused. I searched for an ulterior motive in his cold, grey eyes, but found none.

“I want to get to know you,” he continued, stepping closer to me.

I was so confused by his change of character.

“If, if you really are concerned for me,” I began, a sob threatening to escape from the back of my throat. “Then why have you let them all continue to say such terrible things to me?”

“Just keeping my image, babe,” he explained bashfully, with a small smile. “But I can assure you that it won’t happen again.”

Tears prickled at the back of my eyes. I was so happy. I had never thought that receiving his forgiveness would have been so easy. Which was why I was so cautious to accept his apology.

I took a step away from him and said, “If you really do feel that way, then you need to prove it.”

“How about this?” he asked, and leaned in to kiss me.

When his lips touched mine, a cold sensation went through my body, and I shivered in pleasure. This just felt so right, so perfect. How could we have been separated for so long?

But the kiss didn’t last long. It was short and sweet. He pulled away, and I fell into him, wanting more. What a tease.

“So?” he asked, smirking. “Did that tickle your fancy?”

I giggled at him, and then shook my head.

“Anyone can give a girl a kiss,” I began, wrapping my arms around his pale neck. “But I want you to do something special. Does not have to be spectacular, just meaningful.”

He looked down at me, curiously, and was thoughtful for a few minutes.

After awhile, I knew we had to return to the common room. People would be wondering where we….well, where he was. I took his hand and led him back to the common room, where the other Slytherins took notice of the two of us. I was back in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow. It's been almost a year since I last updated. My deepest apologies loyal fans!

Sorry that the first task felt a little rushed. I mean, you've all seen the movie and read the book, is it really necessary for me to repeat? So I just brushed on it lightly so that we could move on to bigger topics. Such as Draco and Paige's kiss. :O

Please leave a review! Tell how you liked it/ hated it. I promise you that next chapter will be a lot better, because it's a lead up to the dun dun da da! The Yule Ball! Woo!