Status: Chapter 14 is here!

Slytherin

Presents

Slytherin
Chapter 4
Presents

~()~


Today felt like a curl day. Nobody else would be awake for another hour, so I guess I had enough time to style my hair perfectly. I pulled a few strands of hair from either side of my face and pulled them back behind my head, pinning them in place. I curled the rest of the hair that hung loosely around my head. I observed myself in the mirror. Beautiful. I couldn't have said the same thing a year ago. Back then, I would try my best to avoid looking in mirrors. They only showed my worst fears. I pulled out my little silver make-up bag and began to apply it to my face, trying my best to enhance my beauty even more.

Even though everyone knew who I was, nothing changed. All the Slytherins still wanted to be near me, even the Prince. My memories of the past were just nightmares now.

I looked down at myself to find I was still in my pj's. Maybe it would've been a better idea if I had changed my clothes and then done my hair. What a scatter brain I was.

It was the weekend, so I was allowed to wear whatever I pleased. I opened my trunk to find something. I heaved out a pair of regular blue jeans, a dark blue tank top that was just short enough on me, and a grey half-jacket. It was casual and comfortable. I slipped on a pair of black boots that were hiding under my four-poster. I returned to the mirror, and was satisfied with the fact that my hair was still perfectly intact.

I walked out of the dorms and out of the common room, making my way up to the castle. Through the stain glass windows, I could see that the sun was rising ever so slightly into the sky, turning everything around it purple and pink. I walked over to the door and pulled it open. A gust of cool, fresh air blew passed my face. I could smell pine needles and the lake. Looking down at the lake, a black figure caught my eye. Someone was sitting on the banks of the lake and just watching. Watching for what, I didn't know. It wasn't until the sun glinted off of his hair did I realize who it was. A wave of goose bumps washed over me like a tidal wave. Damn him for being so sexy.

I wondered what he was thinking about, but my thoughts were stopped when I heard a familiar voice calling my name from behind.

"Paige!" Neville called out cheerfully. He looked really happy. "What're you doing up so early?"

I shrugged and replied with, "This is the best part of the day. And I could ask you the same question.”

Small sums of students began descending down the staircase, and I knew they were headed for the Great Hall for some breakfast.

"Want some breakfast?" he asked happily, holding his hand out. Holding hands is usually a couple thing, but with Neville it was different; it was like a sign of the connection we shared. Plus it made Draco even madder. I nodded to him and accepted his outstretched hand. We parted ways when we entered the hall, Neville to the Gryffindor table and me to the Slytherin table. Moments after I had taken my seat, Draco parked his sexy little ass on my left side. He said nothing, so I said nothing. I wanted him to say something to me; we hadn’t spoken since Herbology the day before. I was starting to become irritated when someone began tapping my shoulder.

"Excuse me?" A nervous little Hufflepuff said to me. I turned to him, with a bored expression on my face. He was holding a small box in his hands.

"Yeah, yeah, what do you want?" I demanded gruffly. Draco paid no attention. He still seemed lost in thought.

"I was told to deliver this package to you," he mumbled quietly, looking away from my face and handing me the box. I took it cautiously, and the little Hufflepuff disappeared. I saw Draco staring at me from the corners of his eyes. The package only had one word scribbled neatly on the top: Paige. It was wrapped in brown paper, but had a light pink ribbon tied around it, forming a bow on top. I gently opened the package, careful not to rip anything. Underneath the paper was a simple white box. I pulled off the lid, and inside was a thin silver bracelet, resting on a small pink cushion. Vigilantly, I lifted it up. At the end of it hung a little green jewel, the same shade as my eyes.

Draco seemed to be holding his breath next to me. I could feel he was tense, making me smile a little bit. I turned to him, cradling it in my hand.

"Could you do me a favor, Draco?" I asked him politely. "Could you put this on me, please? It will only take a second."

He glared at me, but did as I asked.

"Thanks," I said to him, and held it up in the light. I admired its beauty, but mainly did it to piss him off some more. Oddly enough, he didn’t seem to care at all. He just poked his scrambled eggs with his fork, until he stood up and left the room.

Figuring that he needed to be taunted some more, I followed him out of the hall.

"What's wrong, Draco?" I asked him, making my lip pout. "Somebody jealous?"

He didn't say anything until we were out in the hallway.

"It's nothing to do with you, Paige," he said angrily, turning towards me.

"Sure it doesn’t," I said, grinning lightly. He didn’t respond at all after that, so I just told him I’d see him later.

I turned around to go back in the hall, but stopped at the door.. I glanced behind me to see that he was gone, most likely back down the dungeons. I didn't want to talk to anyone right now.

Pansy came storming up the stairs from the dungeons, looking very disgruntled. I groaned.

"Paige!" she squealed to me unhappily. "Do you know what Draco just did?"

That got my attention. "What?"

"He was swearing and yelling very loudly," she began to explain in a huff. "I asked him what was wrong, and he said, 'That bloody bitch.'"

I grinned to myself. So I was annoying him after all. "He said that?"

"Ahuh!" she nodded her head exuberantly. "I wonder who he was talking about."

"Me," I informed her bluntly.

"Good lord, why don't you just go out with him?" she demanded, rolling her eyes.

"Because," I began, folding my arms. "That's not part of my game."

She stared at me, curiously, having no idea what I was talking about.

~()~

I was alone in the common room, when Paul Jolkins walked in. Paul was a very attractive guy, not like Draco, of course. He smiled at me, with that look in his eyes. That look that every guy gets when he sees something that he wants. I patted the chair next to me, signaling for him to sit down. He graciously accepted my offer. Slipping his arm around my shoulders as he took a seat, he cuddled right up to me and fit like a puzzle piece.

"Hey Paige," he said with a smirk. This guy's smirk was nothing compared to the Prince. "What're you doing out here all alone?"

"Waiting for you, I guess," I said, returning his smile.

We both turned our heads as we heard someone climbing down the stairs from the boy's dorms. As soon as I saw it was who I was really waiting for, I stuck myself to Paul like a fly on flypaper. We began snogging right there on the spot. Paul rolled back onto me, trapping me in-between him and the cushions. I was hoping to have my first kiss with the Prince, but I does this technically count as a first kiss?

"Alright, that's it!" I heard Draco roar.

Suddenly, Paul was off of me and on the floor, getting the crapped kicked out of him by Draco's foot. Though I did enjoy this scene very much, I knew I had to stop him before Paul really got hurt. I pushed Draco away, making a fake-angry face at him.

"What's your deal, Malfoy?" I snarled at him.

I must've sounded tremendously pissed, because Draco took a step back. I shouted out in disgust, and walked up the stairs to the girl's dorms. As soon as the door was closed, I busted out into laughter. The other three in the room looked at me strangely, but I ignored them. The scene downstairs was hilarious. I could not believe that Draco fell for that. It was priceless.

I didn't go downstairs to the common room until about midnight. I was hoping everyone was asleep. All of the girls in my dorm didn't say a word to me when they all came in. The room got awkwardly quiet. I grew tired of it, and crept down the stairs. Draco was lying on the couch with his back turned to me. I went over to the couch and sat in front of his torso.

"Ah, Paige!" he said slyly, and kicked his legs up so he was sitting properly. He made himself comfortable in the corner of the chair. "Been waiting for you to come down here."

I guess he was back to his normal, cocky-ass self. Today's fight must've given him a confidence boost.

"I just came down to," I paused and cuddled up close to him. "Congratulate you." He looked down at me, curiously.

"I realized that you must really care about me, enough to beat any guy that looked at me to a pulp." I was toying with him again. He narrowed his eyes, but then decided that it was safe.

He put his arm around my shoulder. I began playing with his silky smooth hair, curling it in my finger, and letting it lose.

"And what's my prize?" he asked, rubbing his finger up and down my shoulder. I was thoughtful for a moment, and then I looked at him devilishly. I stood up and straddled his legs while I draped my arms around his neck.

"I like this," he said, smirking. I smirked right back at him.

"I've been waiting three years to do this, Draco," I said playfully. His smirk got even bigger.

To his surprise, he didn't get what he was expecting. Instead, he got punched right in the nose. I jumped off of him as he fell and curled up into a ball on the floor. He held his nose and was moaning in pain. I kneeled down next to him and smiled.

"The bitch is still here," I informed him, and walked back up to the girl's dorms.
♠ ♠ ♠
well this was a pretty fun chapter. sorry it's been awhile; have a bajillion other stories to write. keep on commenting and making this story the best on the site! please and thank you!