Finding a Fairy Tale Ending

A Week After The Party

Dear Diary,
It's been a week since the party and I have a bad feeling about what happened at the party. I have no clue what happened! What did happen? Why can't I remember? As far as I can remember is... is Jackson getting me a coke from the beverage table. You don't think someone could've put drugs or something in it do you?

Of course not. I'm just being silly. Drugs? At a party? Well it could happen... How am I supposed to know anyways? I mean, it's not like I can walk up to the hospital and ask for a blood test to see if someone put drugs in my beverage. It's just not right and I doubt they would believe me even if I tried to explain the whole thing to them.

My mom doesn't know that I don't remember anything from the party. She probably should know so that she could help me... but what if... what if she thinks I'm lying about not remembering anything and then suspects I have taken drugs on my own? Well, I hear footsteps on the stairs so I better hurry and stash this someplace.

<3 Always,
Casey :)


I closed my diary and easily slid it underneath my bed before my door even burst open. I sat back up quickly and waited for the person to burst through the door.

"Honey, phone's for you. Tell your friends that they need to call your phone line, or your cell before ours." My mom said and I smiled wryly. My cell phone was off and I had unhooked my line so I could think and concentrate on me and my diary without any interuptions from the outside world.
And right on cue I heard my best friend say from the phone: " I did call all those before yours Mrs. Maple. But they are all off." My mom smiled and handed me the phone.

"Hi Belle." I said into the phone, putting on a happy voice to cover up my "I had been interupted anyways" voice. "What's up?"

"The ceiling for me. What about you?" I heard her cheery voice from the reciever. I rolled my eyes. She was always so literal. I imagined where she would be, in her bean bag chair looking at her nail polish, inspecting for any nicks or scratches or bubbles. Her nails had to be perfect. She even carried nail polish remover and nail polish as well as Q-tips and cotton balls. She was a hand fanatic. But I still loved her. Recently she had died her hair black and put green highlights in it. it actually looked really good on her, even though I am against the whole hair dyeing thing. She had cut it too. So now she looked like a pixie instead of a cheerleader with long brown hair.

"Same." I answered still seeing the image of her new image on a bean bag.

"Guess what?" Belle said a second later, seeing as I didn't say anything else.

"What?" I asked sounding interested. I was still bugged that she had called the hosue phone, instead of waiting for me to call her back either on my phone or my cell. But I would ge over it in a minute, but still.

"Jason asked me out!!! Ohmigo ohmigod!!" I heard her squeal and perked up. Boy talk. Boy talk would always get me in the mood for anything!

"He did? Finally? After all this time?" I asked and she squealed really loudly this time.

"Yes! Oh my gosh! Casey this is great! We both are going out with hot guys, and they are on the football team!! We are cheerleaders... Your captain and I am co-captain. Nothing could be better then this! Nothing! And nothing could tear us down at all!" I heard her rammer on about how we were destined to be popular in high school and how boys would kill to be our boyfriends and how girls would kill to be us. I was getting tired of hearing all about this when suddenly she changed the subject.

"There's this party tomorrow night. Wanna come?" Belle asked me.

" I don't know. I have tons of homework and I am getting a little overboard with all the parties. I went to eight of them last weekend... The only thing that saved my but in school was the coach, she let me skip practice monday morning to finish up my homework." I responded and could see the frown in my little image of her cross her face.

"But Casey, you have to go!" she said and I sighed. An idea struck me and I quietly tip-toed out of my room.

"Ket me ask my mom." I went down the stairs and into the kitchen I grabbed a piece of paper and wrote: Mom, say no to the party I am about to ask you if I can go. I'll explain later. I showed her the note and she nodded.

"Hey mom, can I go to a party tomorrow night?"

"Done with all your homework?"

"Well... not exactly."

"Then no." I smiled at my mom and mouthed thank you.

"Did you hear that Belle?"

"Yeah, yeah yeah. Ok, well I'll talk to ya tomorrow then. My mom's calling me down stairs. Ick. Chore time again..." I heard Belle sigh.

"Can't be that bad... well ttyl." I said and laughed at Belle's misery.

"Talk ta ya later." Belle said and hung up. I pressed the hang up button and put the phone down onto the counter.

"Thanks mom!" I breathed out and she laughed at me.

"That bad huh?"

"She keeps bugging me to go to parties after parties. I went to 8 last weekend. 8! I can't go to another party, I gotta catch up on my homework and Belle thinks homework is for losers. But since she is one who gets b's and c's. I don't even know how she stays on the squad. But I still love her." I sighed and shook my head. Mom laughed at me again and I glared at her.

"Hey, I did you a favor. Now do me one. Turn your cell phone on. Please. When you have no way to get inside that head of yours the phone is ringing off the hook!" I laughed and ran up the stairs two at a time to turn my cell phone on. I had 50 messages and 50 text messages.

"Gosh." I said and saw that most of the calls were from Belle. So I deleted them without listening to them, since I had just talked to her. I had a few from friends, and a few from Jackson. I ignored the messages and went to the text messages. Most from friends and Jackson. I shut my phone and threw it onto my bed and landed right next to it.

"Some people would kill to have my life.... so why am I not enjoying it?" I muttered to myself and closed my eyes. My cell began to buzz and I groped around for it. I flipped it open without looking at it and answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey Case." I heard Jackson's voice over the phone.

"hey. I'm on house arrest till my homework and chorse are done, so don't even think about asking if I can go to any parties at all this weekend." I said before he could speak another word.

"Oh. Well, maybe if I let you go, you could do all that and make the party tomorrow."

"Mom already vetoed the idea because my homework wasn't even out when I asked her. Sorry Jack." I said. " I heard my mom coming. Talk to ya later. Bye!" I hung up the phone and turned it back off. I plugged my house phone in and saw so many mesages that I didn't want to check them then. I ignored them and went to my desk.

"Geometry. Great." I sighed and sat down, beggining the long night of homework finishing.