Finding a Fairy Tale Ending

Two Packages

I opened the first not recognizing the name.

"Oh, It's my new dance costume. Now... why didn't it have the dance company's name on the box?" I muttered to myself. I got my answer in the form of a letter. It was at the bottom and I opened it slowly.

Dear Casey,

Hey, I know that you should've gotten this from the company but they dropped it off at my house. Guess habits don't die as fast. So, haven't heard from you in forever... how's the team? Any new moves for the competition? I sure hope so and I sure hope you guys win again this year! I'll be there cheering you on!
Love,
Lizzie


That answers my question. The whole dance teams costumes went to the old captain. Instead of me. Oh well. It was nice to hear from her. I guess I could call her later. No promises of course.

I looked at the next box and almost screamed!
"Daddy sent me a package!" I whispered and my mom looked up.

"He did what now?"

"Daddy sent me a package!" I said a little louder this time.
I began to slowly tear the tape off the package so that I could open it. I looked inside of the package and saw a letter first. I picked it up and slowly opened it.

Darling Daughter,

As you know, I have been gone a little while now. Don't worry. I will be home soon. Just tell your mother that. I'm sorry I haven't called, written or even come home in the last 2 years. I have been sent all over the world to do assignments I can't deny. I hope you will forgive me and in the meantime I hope you and your mother are doing good. Expect my return no later then two weeks from when you get this package. I love you. I love your mother too!
Love,
Daddy


"Here mom. Read this." I said quietly. Daddy had actually written. He wasn't dead like many people had told us. He was alive, and he hadn't left my mother or me. He didn't have a choice. Oh, how I really wanted to believe those words. But I couldn't. Not fully anyways. He had been gone without communication for 2 whole years. 2 Years.

Mom dropped the letter on the ground and leaned heavily on the counter.

"So, he is alive." I nodded and she bent to retrieve the letter after a minute.

"What else is in the package dear?" she asked me and I turned back to the package. Inside I found two beautiful necklaces. I pulled one out and looked at it. It was Daddy's initials, a little bigger then usual. I turned it over and gasped. Inscripted behind the letters was the words: I Love you always.

I handed it to Mom and new the necklace was for her.I pulled the other necklace out and it was a golden locket. I turned it over to find: To my daughter, who I will always love inscripted on the back. I opened it to find a picture of me and Daddy in one side and him and Mommy in the other. I smiled softly and unclasped the necklace so that I could put it on. It felt cool against my skin and I made sure there was nothing else. But then I saw a book and I pulled it out. I opened it to find the pages empty, except for the first.
Daddy had writtten in it.
Daughter,
I found this book and thought of you instantly. I know you probably are running out of room in the other diary I gave you before I left so here is this one. I gave you a diary before I left, and diary before I came home. Hope you and your mother like your girts.
Love, Daddy


So I had a knew diary, which is good, cause I was running out of room in my other one. I looked up at my mom to see tears in her eyes.

"Are you ok Mom?"

"Yeah, it's a relief to know he's alive, and that he didn't desert us." she whispered and I got up and hugged her.

"We can finally be a family again. A proper family." I said and I knew my mother was smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, there it is. Another update. Please comment! Any feedback would be good!