Finding a Fairy Tale Ending

The School Hallways

The school hallways are about the worst place to hang out if your socially challenged. I had never been socially challenged, but I had often defended people who were. I hated seeing people picked on and I did believe in karma. I didn't fight for them, they probably wouldn't fight for me. That's just how I looked at things in my life.

"Hey Case!" Belle said as I began to put things in my locker that I didn't need, or would need for later but didn't want to carry around.

"Hey Belle." I said with fake enthusiasm. I wasn't happy with Belle, can't you just tell?

"Did you hear? We have another sub in Histry today." I groaned and she sighed.

"Great. I need to talk to Mrs. Herrington about that project. None of the subs know what is going on and I need help!" I complained and Belle smirked.

"The great 4.0 GPA needs help? With her assignment?" Belle asked and I glared at her.

"I am not a magician when it comes to making straight A's. I work at it. Like avoiding parties." I said and the smirk dissapeared.

"You were avoiding the parties?" she asked.

"No. You needed to avoid the parties. I was semi-grounded from going out of the house. " I pointedly said and grabbed my biology book.

"I had to go to the parties. Jason was counting on me!" she complained like I knew all about people counting on me. I did, in a way but if I said no, I meant no.

"You didn't have to go and you know it. I bet your mom doesn't even know you went out Saturday?" I asked and she smiled.

"No, and don't tell her. Why do you have your biology book? We have Cheerleading next." I slammed my locker shut.

"I don't take cheerleading. I take dance. Dance Team!" I said and pointedly started to walk away leaving Belle with her mouth agape and confused with my behavior. If she asks me at lunch what my deal was I was going to tell her. Whether she like it or not. I was tired of her thinking just because she was on the Cheerleading squad that it meant I was too. I wasn't and I would never be a cheerleader.

I was still in a foul mood when I walked into biology when Mike stopped me.

"Woah. Where's the fire?" he asked as I steamed past him on my way to my seat. Of course he followed me to my seat and I sat down.

"No fire. Just trying to get away from Belle." Mike was my best guy friend I loved hanging out with him. Everyone thought I was going out with him till I got onto the dance team and started going out with Jason last year.

"What did she do this time? You know, I don't know why you ever put up with her anymore. She's just a nuisance. I don't hang out with her anymore... she's changed. A lot." Mike said and he sighed at my expression.

"One.) she won't get away from me. Two.) she doesn't know I don't consider her a best friend anymore and three.) she thinks I am this Cat person and it's getting on my nerves. Especially when Belle should know I am not in cheerleading. I repeat. Not in cheerleading!" I said the last sentence with such venom Mike smirked.

"I know that and you know that. But Belle has become self-obbsessed and you should probably not hang out with her as much..." he said and I nodded.

"Yeah, your probably right..." I said and then the bell rang and Mike took his seat next to me.