Finding a Fairy Tale Ending

Just Another Day

I opened my locker for the fifth time that day. I put my bookbag/purse down by my feet and sighed. A different book for each class, as well as a different binder since my teachers believed we needed notes and junk on each topic we cover. I shoved my biology binder and book into my locker and grabbed a granola bar out of my little box full of snacks. I picked up my bag and shoved the bar in it for later. I was starved but it wasn't lunch time yet. I had a whole class left. At least Jason wasn't here to bug me anymore and it was nice being single.

I checked my complexion in the mirror and smiled cheesily at myself.

"Looking good as always. I don't get why you girls have to look nice each minute of each day!" Mike said frim behind me and gave me a goofy face in the mirror. I laughed and turned around, shutting my locker at the same time. Smooth I know.

I grabbed my bag from the floor and swung it over my right shoulder.

"Oh damn it. I forgot my math book." I said as I noticed the weight of my bag.

"How can you tell? It's not in your bag?" Mike asked incredulously.

"It's not as heavy as it's supposed to be and I don't see it." I answered as I turned back to my locker and started up the process of opening my locker with a combination. "You know, I wish we just had a number that was used and we could just punch it in but no, we have these stupid things that make our lives a lot harder, especially when trying to get to class on time!" I said exhasperated as my locker combination was vetoed again.

"Let me try." Mike said and I moved out of the way for him to try. "What's your locker combination?" he asked me and I repeated it back to him. He smirked and then opened it.

"Hey! How'd it work for you but not me!" I exclaimed and he kept smirking.

"You were using my locker combination genius!" I stopped and stared at him.

"Are you serious?!?" I asked and I started laughing. "That would explain so much!" I said and looked into my locker. "Which reminds me, my math book is in your locker..." I looked at him and noticed a math book in his arms. I snatched it and opened it to reveal my name written in the name section.

"Hey! This is mine!" I said and he looked over my shoulder to see the name as well.

"No wonder it was in my locker. I could've sworn I left mine at home." he said innocently and I slugged him, knowing perfectly well that he had done that on purpose.

"Hey Case!" I heard someone call across the halls and I turned around to see who it was.

"Hey Penny." I said and smiled at her.

"Is there practice after school today? I couldn't remember and nobody's in the gym and the bell is going to ring in like 2 minutes." Penny rambled on and I waited for her to finish.

"Yes there is and you better get going. You only have two tardies left to use!" I said and watched her scurry away with a lot of thank you's following.

"Whew, just watching her and listening to her talk and walk... it's exhausting!" Mike said as he slammed my locker shut and made me jump ten feet.

"Try practicing with her... we better hurry too!" I said and we rushed off to math class and quickly took our seats as the bell began to ring.

"Yes! We made it!" Mike whispered and I managed to stop myself from giggling.

And then we began to listen to the drone of the teachers voice and how much the big test next Friday was more then half of our grades. I looked out the window and saw the trees and the sunny sky. I wish I could be outside again. The breeze would really feel good against my skin. And with that I began my daydreams in math with Mike trying to concentrate so that he could help me later when I asked for it.

***

The bell rang and my head shot up to see the stragglers so that I could mark them tardy and so forth.

"Annabelle. Late. Kirsten. Late. Jenn. Late. Monica. Late." I called out and they all groaned and plunked down in front of me for the last class of the day. Dance Team.

"Ok, so tomorrow is the big competition! I so hope we go to nationals but if we don't there are plenty of other competitions right?" I asked and there was an uproar or cheers in the room. I grinned at the enthusiasm and every face grinned back at me.

'So let's practice out routine for tomorrow and then I will tell you our line-up! Ready?" my fellow members of dance all stood up and got in their places to begin the routine.

"Go!' I called as I stood in my space and the music began to course through us and we soared. Out dance steps were perfect and we were right in time with the music. I had been jamming all of the steps into their head since the beggining of school and the week before that. I couldn't wait till tomorrow!
The music stopped and we did our ending pose and then we stood up and bowed. I heard clapping from the other end of the room and looked that way. Our principle was standing there and he was smiling, but his smile didn't reach his eyes.

"Take five girls!" I called and ran in the direction of the principle.

"Hiya Mr. P." I said and smiled up at him.

"Cassey, are you sure your able to keep up and do this tomorrow? Your still recovering!" he said with concern in his voice.

"Of course! Nobody else knows the steps but these girls in here and they all have their positions! I can't let them down!" I exclaimed.

"Well, if your sure..." he trailed off.

"Absolutely." I nodded and he nodded his head absently.

"Keep up the good work." he said and walked out of the room and I was pretty sure out of the building.

That was really strange...
♠ ♠ ♠
Hiya! Here's another chapter!
Comments would be lovely! I'll give a bag of skittles to everyone who comments!
>.<