Finding a Fairy Tale Ending

Bathroom Visit

I suddenly felt sick, and I walked up to my teacher.

"May I use the restroom?" I already knew he would let me. I never asked unless I really had to go. All my teachers knew that.

"Sure Cassey. Here you go." He gave me the hall pass and I rushed out of the room and straight to the bathroom. I got to the stall and sunk to the ground. My stomache started to heave all of my breakfast into the toilet bowl and in the back of my mind I thought about being sick.

My forehead broke out into a sweat and I began to feel cold and shaky. I wiped my mouth on a piece of toilet paper and leaned my head against the stall walls. I closed my eyes and took a shaky breath. What was wrong with me? Why was I feeling this way? I was fine this morning. Earlier this morning. What time was it?

I looked at my watch and saw it was only 9:30am. Why why why why why? I kept thinking over and over again. I didn't want to throw up again so I took another shaky breath. The air around me stunk, so I flushed the toilet with shaky hands. I felt weak, drained. I hadn't been sick since the 8th grade. That was a long time to not be sick.

I took another shaky breath and closed my eyes again. Breath in. Breath out. I heard the bathroom door open. I felt like retching again and I groaned.

"Hello? Who's there?" I heard Belle call out and I groaned inwardly. This was just great. "Case? Is that you? Are you ok?" I heard a rap of knuckles on my stall door and I wearily got up and opened the door.

"I don't think I feel so good..." I muttered and I glanced at the mirror behind her. I was pale and that was bad. Yeah, maybe I was pale always but I mean, no rosy cheeks and the only color was my make-up. My freakles seemed to have dissapeared and I looked horrible.

"You don't look good. Maybe I should take you to the nurse." Bele suggested and I merely nodded my head. " I grabbed your bag, and asked Mr. Paul for the nurse pass so I could take you. You've been gone for 20 minutes." she said quietly. So the whole class knew I was sick. Great. I thought I had only been in there for 5 minutes. At the most. Belle handed me my bag and I swung it over my shoulders and stumbled. I felt so weak. Why did I feel so weak and helpless?

"Case? What's the matter with you?" I heard a male voice say behind me and I swung around. I saw Mike looking concerned , hesitant on just walking on and going to the bathroom. He had Mrs. Bullocks hall pass. He was in band. It was wierd. I had choir, he had band. I had Mr. Paul when he had band, and he had Mr. Paul when I had choir.

"She's sick." Belle told Mike before I could say anything and I was greatful.

"Oh. Sick? You? That's kinda wierd..." Mike trailed off when my hand whipped to my stomache and he looked at me. "Maybe you should hurry to the nurse and then go home. Fast. Take something. Hope you feel better. I'll tell Ashlee to cancel practice if they don't think they can practice without you." he smiled at me and I smiled softly back. Belle grabbed my arm and started to drag me away from Mike. Was it just me or did I like Mike? I felt safe around him. We laughed at each other.

I stopped short but Belle kept pushing me and pulling so I didn't stop long.

I think I like Mike.