Daughters of Vengeance

I chose right

His lips were rough on mine, angry in a way. I had never felt Michael kiss this way before. Not even in all his desperation the night of our kiss. I imagined my lips rubbing away under his rough, chapped lips, and I had a tiny flashback. It was of right after Kevin and Heidi first became boyfriend and girlfriend, and Heidi was complaining about how rough Kevin’s lips were. She started wearing chap-stick, because he would lick her lips, and rub them raw when they kissed too much. Then, something snapped in my brain, and I pushed the boy away from me, jumping out of the bed.
“Jerk!” I screamed at him.
“Hey baby,” Kevin’s voice said from my bed.
Across the room, Heidi had heard us, and was screaming as well.
“What the hell, Michael?” she shrieked.
Loud laughter spread through the room.
“It was an experiment,” Michael said from closer than I’d expected. He was standing right next to me. Automatically, I took a step away. He had helped to plan this. He had agreed to it.
“What kind of experiment?”
“The kind that would make us double check to see that we were right for each-other. That we were choosing the right twin,” Kevin explained. His voice still came from my half of the room, but he was on his way to Heidi.
“And how did your experiment turn out?” Heidi asked roughly.
“I chose right,” Kevin said, now on the other side of the room. The lights went on, and I could see them holding hands on the other side of the room. Slowly, I turned to face Michael. His green eyes were focused on me, the expression on his face unreadable.
“And you?” I asked, and my voice broke on the last word. My stomach hurt with stress and anticipation. It was quiet for a moment, the silence seeming pregnant.
I looked into his eyes, but I couldn’t see anything but the color. His emotion was withheld from me.
“I chose right,” he whispered. I became aware of my lungs, burning painfully from not drawing in any air.
I exhaled heavily, a sigh of relief.
“I think,” I said to him. “That I did too.” And I reached up to lock my arms around his neck, and pulled his face down to mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I'd like to know what you guys think. Did their experiments turn out right??
Please comment!!

~Threnody