Daughters of Vengeance

A boyfriend for all of us

“Worst mistake of my life,” she snarled, and shoved him to the ground. She held her shoe against his throat and whispered. “I wouldn’t do that if it cost me my life!” and she snapped his head to the side and walked away. Derek jumped to his feet, screaming “Bitch, this is war!”
Without turning her head, Brooke said, “Bring it on” I grinned. It was the first time I had ever seen my sister behaving this way. She was actually acting mean. I liked it. Derek got up and walked away with his friends. He was walking fast, trying to look cool. And failing, of course. I snuggled up with Kevin again, and Brooke went back to her table.

~End of the day~

“Girls, I have a plan” our mom greeted us as walked through the door. She was holding a plate of gingersnap cookies. Weird.
“What’s up mom?” we said together.
“I have plane tickets. We’re going to visit your father”
“OMG, mom! Really? That’s awesome!” Brooke said.
“Yep! So when is the flight?”
“Friday(Today is monday). We’ll be staying for two weeks. Go pack your bags”
“OMG Yay!” We ran to the room. I got a purple suitcase and Brooke grabbed her black one. I opened my drawers, pulled out tons of socks, underwear, bra’s, and pajamas. I emptied them into a corner of my huge suitcase, and moved to the closet. I hung up all my shirts and pants(except for school shirts. Those were in a drawer) I grabbed several black pants, skinny jeans, and skirts. Then all my band shirts, a few plain shirts, and a fancy overlay. I threw them all into the suitcase and got out leggings for the skirts. Purple, blue, black, orange, you name it, I have it. I figured dad(if he was a good dad) wouldn’t want me wearing a short skirt without leggings. Brooke was done throwing clothes into her bag, too, and we moved on to the bathroom. Pads, Tampons, Shampoo, Conditioner. Eyeliner, mascara, lipstick, lip-gloss, chap-stick, glitter, eyeshadow. Everything went into our bags. Finally we were done packing, we laid down on the bed and tried to go to sleep. But I knew I wouldn’t be able to sleep. This was WAY to exciting.

The next night mom invited a ‘special guest’ over for dinner. Luckily, she also allowed me to invite Kevin, who invited Michael.
“Now we all have boyfriends” I teased Brooke.
“Michael does not like me that way, and I don’t like him that way” she replied, trying to stay calm.
“Then how come when they were ‘threatening’ us, he cornered you?”
“I don’t know. There were two of us, and six of them. Kevin cornered you” she pointed out.
“Kevin is my boyfriend”
“So?”
“He likes you”
“Does not!”
“Whatever,” I got up and walked away to get ready. Brooke followed me. She left her makeup as is, purple eyeshadow and white eyeliner. She put on a purple tanktop and a black skirt.
“Dressing up?” I teased. She rolled her eyes.
“For moms ‘special guest’,”
“Okay” I said, getting dressed myself. I choose a red rhinestone studded tank top, and a floor length black skirt. Then me and Brooke headed out into the living room. The table was set with a white lace tablecloth, and a vase of black and red roses sat in the center. The doorbell rang, and mom rushed to get it. I guessed it was her special guest. In a few moments, she reappeared. She had curled her hair, and was wearing a long grey dress. The man at her side had soft brown hair with grey in it, and kind brown eyes. He was dressed semi-casual, in a polo shirt and slacks.
“Girls, this is John. He’s my boyfriend”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its so short, and once again, thank you for reading.

Your loving writer,
Threnody