Daughters of Vengeance

Thanks for pretending

I tried to suck in a breath, startled, but his air was the only thing available. I started to panic. Then the shock wore off, and I kissed him back. Electricity flew through our bodies, something I had never felt before. Years of hurt, pain, and scars left on body and soul, none of that mattered with him. He opened himself wide to me, and he understood that I wasn’t quite ready to return the favor. He knew my past (although he didn’t know who my dad was) and he knew that old habits, old scars, aren’t easily erased. I meant a lot to him, and he meant a lot to me. I had tried to put this off, afraid of getting hurt, but he gave me nothing to be afraid of. His lips were tender and gentle, yet urgent, on mine. Reminding me that there was nothing to fear. Responding, I rolled on top of him, my breasts pressing firmly against his chest. Now he kissed me with even more passion, happiness coming from every pore in his body. His hands tangled in my hair, and his own hands roamed his chest. We broke away, gasping for breath, and I pulled his shirt over his head without a second thought. Then he tugged at my shirt. But I wasn’t ready to go that far yet. He understood, and the shirt stayed on. We went back to kissing, his body firm beneath me. I was pretty sure Heidi and Kevin could hear us, but they were pretty quiet, and I had a feeling they were up to their own mischief. My hands explored his chest, muscled from years of wrestling with friends and working out. His hands had been on my waist, but now they moved up. He broke away, going to my ear.
“You look good in my shirt, but I must say you would look better without it” he murmured, his hands resting just above my belly button.
“This your shirt?” I whispered back. I could feel him nod against my chest, my shirt pulled down so he could press his lips to my neck. They rested on my jugular, where he could feel my pumping heartbeat. I felt his hands slide up under my shirt, and I let them. Suddenly the reason why he had grinned upon seeing me in this shirt earlier became clear. His hands moved further up, and for a second he cupped my breasts. Then his hands were behind my back, his fingers working at my bra clasp....
“Please...Not tonight” I whispered. He sighed. I rolled off him, kissing him again. Not hot and fast like before, but slow and sweet. It was brief, and then I rolled to my side, away from him, cheeks red. It was then that I noticed Heidi and Kevin standing there.
“This is....Not what it looks like”
“Sure” said Heidi, bursting into laughter. “I didn’t just walk in on you getting it on with Michael- who you claimed you didn’t like”
“ I didn’t like him....” I turned and looked at Michael. “Tonight changed that”
“What changed?” He remarked, voice even and thin. He was wearing only the pink and green pajama bottoms, and his cheeks were slightly flushed. I found myself wondering exactly what lay underneath those pink and green bottoms.....Stop it, I told myself. Michael was still waiting. Since I didn’t talk, he did.
“What changed?” he repeated. “Certainly not me. I’ve wanted you all along. You just didn’t realize it. You’re a good actress, you know that? You didn’t have to pretend for me”
He climbed out of bed, turned to walk away.
“Goodbye, Brooke. It was fun while it lasted. Thanks for pretending with me, if only for a few minutes” I stood there, shocked. He thought I was pretending? How could he possibly think that? Yeah, I hadn’t let him take off my shirt, but that was because I wasn’t ready. And I thought I had been convincing in everything else. You don’t just kiss with that much passion on a whim. You had to really want it. Really had to care. And I did care.
More than I had intended too.
More than I realized.
♠ ♠ ♠
How sad! He thinks she's pretending!

Wow. I better get working on writing more, because I'm starting to get close to the end of how much I have written already.

Please comment!!!! I'm getting by with comments from only two different people, and its not enough!!!!

~Threnody