Friends in Not So Holy Spaces

Hysteria

Image

It takes us a little longer to get back with the extra weight, but we make it. Just in time too; the werewolves had joined the party.

Everyone was crowded around Emmett and Rosalie. Well, sort of. The Cullen family made a close half circle and the wolves mad a wide arc. When we were close everyone turned in our direction, the Cullen’s dropped their eyes back down to Emmett’s limp form in Rosalie’s arms. The Wolves turned up their hair at us when we tried to approach with the bear carcass.

“Calm down guys,” Edward mumbled from the circle, “it’s the same girl from before. She’s just brought a friend.”

One by one the wolves backed off and Julia and I were able to bring the bear forward to Emmett and lay it by Rosalie. “Here you go Emmett, fresh blood. Exactly what you need, drink up.”

Emmett doesn’t move.

Rosalie gently shakes him, “Emmett? Come on baby, take the animal, take it.”

He still doesn’t move. “You’ve killed him.” Rosalie accuses.

I shake my head refusing, “No…no I didn’t.” I can feel the fear and anxiety coursing through me. “I felt his life blood still in there! He was still alive when I dropped him!”

I rushed over desperate to help in some way, hoping beyond hope that I hadn’t killed him.

“Emmett? Emmett listen to me. Come on you have to live. Please Emmett feed on the bear.” I grabbed the bear and pulled it into my lap, bringing the still warm flesh close to his face. Emmett still didn’t move. I was on the brink of hysteria; I took the bear’s throat and ripped it open, dripping the blood over his lips. For a while nothing happened, but then his eyes scrunched and his mouth opened letting the blood drip in. I sighed filled with relief and smiled, “That’s right Emmett take it. Live.”

His strength came back and he reached up, took the bear from my hands and fed for himself. I rocked back on my heels and stood up next to Julia. In a couple of minutes Emmett was finished and he dropped the empty carcass.

We all held our breath as he lay on the ground recovering. “Help me up, please.” Rosalie and Jasper got on either side of him, looped their arms behind his back and steadily helped him up. Whenever he struggled I gasped, I suffered with him.

Once he was on his feet we all took a step back giving him some room. I tried to ease myself to the back so he wouldn’t see me, and so that I wouldn’t have to look at his untrusting expression.

“Are you alright babe?” Rosalie was infront of him cooing and stroking his face. “Yea I’m fine.” He pushes her hands away and she drops them looking dejected. Emmett lifts his head and looks around the crowd. “Where’s Cat? Is she ok?” Everyone parted like the red sea and I stowed away my emotions and smiled at Emmett. “Hey you’re looking better!” His face became confused but he smiled back, “Yea, thanks to you.”

I cringed at this. “It was also my fault that you almost died Emmett. You shouldn’t be thanking me.”

What he did next really threw me off; he started laughing! A big belly laugh that shakes you to the core, “All the same! Thank you Cat, I really appreciate it.” He stared at me. Intensely, with his gold eyes I couldn’t take it! There was an emotion there that had never been directed at me. I had to redirect his attention, “If you insist than I’m not the only one you should be thanking,” I turned and pulled Julia up beside me, “Julia help and carried the beast with me.” He looked a bit surprised but smiled at her and said, “Thank you Julia for bringing me back to life.” Emmett laughed again and Julia cracked a smile “No problem. Hopefully I won’t have to do it again.” She shot me a warning glance and melted back into the sidelines. “Yea, definitely not again.” I hung my head, once again, in shame.

“Ok that’s enough damn it!”

We turned around and I saw a shaggy haired Indian boy in raggedy shorts. “Are we going to start training or what?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long my loyal readers! College life is draining and a bit of a culture shock.

Comments Please!!
Alice