Friends in Not So Holy Spaces

Way to go Sherlock

Image

The tension in the room loosened considerably when I said this, like they were ready for me to explode or something.

Alice is the first to speak.

“Well you already know Jasper and I. The third person you saw when you woke up is Esme,” She nods to the brunette still sitting by my side. “She is our mother figure, as you probably already guessed.”

I looked over at Esme and saw her looking a bit shy; if that is possible for a vampire to do. I smiled at her; she smiled back and regained her happy vibe. Happy people are easier to deal with than nervous ones, no matter what species.

Alice continued, “The guy that can read your mind is Edward,” he nodded at me,” and the girl behind him is Bella.” I looked behind Edward and stared at the girl. She shifted nervously behind Edward. I got to my feet and walked over to her.

Ignoring the annoyance that is Edward, and I asked the question I dearly needed answered.

“Are you the girl who started this chaos?”

She looked at me with wide, brown eyes, scared to death of what I might do to her. Not that I would, but you know, whatever.

She turned her head, in what I guessed was shame, and her long brown hair covered her from view.

“My God! I’m not going to hurt you!” I tried to follow her as she slid behind Edward, “I just need answers if my friend and I are going to protect you.”

She looked at me in disbelief, but then Edward had to go and be annoying again, and stepped in blocking me from her, protecting her in a way.

“I don’t think this is the time. Why don’t you rest and-“

“I have had enough rest!” The little dance that we were doing and gotten on my last nerve, and my peace bubble burst. I gave an exasperated sigh and rubed my forehead. “What I need now are answers, but by the way you two act, I think I have them.”

Bella peeks around Edward’s back, and in a tiny voice asks, “What do you mean?”

I stared at Edward letting him poke through my brain. His face adopted a look of surprise, then he shook his head. “She means that she read our body language and figured it out in seconds.”

I let myself smirk. “Did you guys really think I was that simple minded? Please.” I walked back to the table and sipped my O.J. nonchalantly. After it was all gone, I placed the glass on my plate and went to the sink to clean them off.

With out turning around I asked them, “So when does the training start?”

Bella gave me a skeptical look. “YOU know about the training too?”

I gave her a small smile. “No, I just assumed that none of you had any experience with new-born vampires and thought I might teach you, but since you said that I now know that it has already begun and that one of you is the expert. So which one of you is it?”

I examined each one of them in the room, and saw Jasper step forward. “I’m the one with the experience. I had to ‘recruit’ new-borns’ in the south for the wars-“

“Against the covens, I see. So we have a solider in our midst; good, that’s very good.”

I was thinking up all the strategies in my mind. Measuring and counting and then measuring again.

“How do you know so much about this already?”

I looked up and it was Bella…again.

“Well Hun, I am from the south and there for know what goes on down there. It’s kind of my job to know these things.”

“Explain please?” Edward gives me a smile.

I gave him the sweetest smile I could muster and let my words drip with annoyance.
“Again, when my friend gets here we will both explain.”

“We’re back!”

A burly man with curly back hair struts into the room with a smile plastered to his face. When he sees the serious looks of everyone else, it turns into a pout. “What’s going on?”

He looks at everyone and finally notices me by the table.

“Oh! Hey! She’s awake!”

Alice rolls her eyes, “What deductive reasoning Sherlock.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!! i dedicate this to...

Cyrens Vengeance

for being kick-ass and commenting for every chapter!! so far...Thanks Cyrens!

COMMENTS!!

lovers Alice