Sequel: Is It Still So Wrong?

I Love You, Is That So Wrong? Unfortunately, Yes

A Huge Misunderstanding

“What?” Mikey said, looking confused.

“Haha, got you.” I said.

“I can’t believe you have the time to make a joke in a situation like this.”

“Don’t worry Mikey, I’m sure Frankie’s got this straightened out with the other Mikee.”

“What if he doesn’t?”

“Mikey, this is Frankie we’re talking about, he talks as much in interviews as I do, we’ve got nothing to worry about.”

“Except for the fact that Mikee likes yaoi.”

“… sheesh, you just had to bring that up.”

Mikey’s POV:

Mikee likes yaoi, and she just saw Frankie and I like that. I can’t say that it’s going to be easy trying to convince her that we were just joking around and talking, the only real way to convince her is if either of us tell her we like one of the girls. Which is not really what I have to do because I love my brother, she has the completely wrong pairing in her mind. When we got to the lobby everyone else was talking with everyone except for Mikee, who still looked as shocked as she did when she saw that scene in our room, and Frankie who was sitting one person away from her, not looking at her.

“Hey Mikey, hey Gee, by any chance do you know what happened to Mikee?” Anna asked.

“Yeah, she looked like she’s just seen a really disturbing movie or something.” Ray said.

“Um… what’re you talking about? Mikee you all right?” I said, trying to sound like I didn’t know what was going on. Mikee just ignores me and gets her attention focused on the floor, Gerard and I go up to Frankie and get his attention.

“Frankie, have you already talked with her yet?” Gerard asked.

“No.” Frankie answered.

“No? What do you mean no? Frankie!” I said, panicking.

“I can’t do it okay! She wouldn’t believe me anyways since we had that fight! Why don’t you do it?!” Frankie said.

“You can’t expect me to do it! She knows that I know what yaoi is!” I protest.

“Then let Gerard do it!” Frankie said.

“Fine, I will then.” Gerard said immediately, he then goes up to the usually hyperactive girl who was presently shocked silent.

Gerard’s POV:

“Hey Mikee!” I said, trying to sound like I had good intentions as I sit on a stool in front of her.

“Hey Gee…” she mutters, forcing a smile.

“Look, um… about what happened back there…” I started.

“It’s okay Gerard, I won’t tell anyone.” Mikee said.

“What?” I said, confused.

“I won’t tell anyone about Mikey and Frankie, I always thought you and Mikey would make a cuter couple though even though you’re brothers… sorry, it’s the incest-yaoi fetish again…”

“Whoa, wait a moment Mikee, you got it all wrong, we were just joking around! Frankie and Mikey were never an item.” I try explaining, but the expression on her face didn’t look very convinced.

“Don’t try to cheer me up like that by lying Gee…” she said, standing up from the couch and going over to where Nadine and Anna were, I didn’t even realize we were already going. As I get up from my stool, Frankie and Mikey approach me.

“How did it go?” Frankie asked, I just shake my head.

“I knew it wasn’t going to be easy.” Mikey said.

“Ugh, what does it take to get a yaoi fangirl to think that you two were just joking! I actually did tell her that we were just joking around but all she said was ‘don’t try to cheer me up by lying’.” I said.

“I guess all that we have to do now is just wait and see where this goes.” Frankie said.

“Fortunately though, she won’t tell anyone, now let’s go and eat.”

It seems that the cloud of uneasiness was following us everywhere these days, even at practice, I couldn’t really get my words straightened out because of the issue. It seems to be bothering Frankie and Mikey too since they keep on strumming the wrong chords.

“Hey are you three okay? You’re usually good.” Ryan asked.

“No.” I said honestly as we take a short break.

“Can I ask what the issue is?”

“No.”

“All right then, well maybe you guys just need some rest, you know the bar downstairs serves good alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, why don’t you go down and drink a few glasses? I’ll extend the break time.” Ryan said.

“Thanks Ry, I think I’ll do that.” I said, standing up and going out of the room.

“Hey Gee, where’re you going?” I hear Frankie ask.

“I’m going to the bar.” I said.

“Can I come with you?” Frankie asked, I nod and let him come with me down to the bar. As we get nearer to the opening though we already hear voices.

“Hey Mikee, is something wrong?” we hear Abi say, Frankie and I stop at the entrance and hide behind a table so we could hear what they’re saying.

“I don’t want to talk about it…” Mikee muttered.

“If you’re not going to talk about it then how am I supposed to comfort you? Come on Mimi, I’m one of your best friends, I have to know.” Abi said.

“Anything you want to drink girls?” the waitress asked.

“Two glasses of chocolate milk.” Abi ordered as the waitress took her order and went over to the bartender.

“Abi… you’re a lucky girl… you know that? You’ve liked Brendon ever since you saw their band and right at this moment you’re going out with him, I’m happy for you.”

“Don’t try to change the subject Mimi.”

“But this has to do with the subject… a little…” Mikee said as their milk arrived and they started taking small sips as the waitress proceeded to clean the tables.

“So is the problem about Brendon?” Abi asked.

“No… it’s Frankie…” Mikee answered.

“Crap, she’s going to tell her about that scene in your room.” Frankie whispered.

“She won’t, and if she will I don’t think Abi will believe her.” I whispered back. As I turn back to the girls something wet sprays in my eye, almost causing me to scream and blow our cover, luckily it was just water and the waitress was cleaning the table where we were hiding. She gives us a weird look and we just give her looks to not say anything about us.

“I thought you like Frankie.” Abi said.

“I do Abi… hehe, I mean; I’ve had this huge crush on him for how long now, you don’t know how much meeting him in person really made me happy.” Mikee said.

“Trust me, I know, so what’s the problem with Frankie? Is it about that fight you guys had in the airport? Don’t worry; I’m sure that’ll just pass.” Abi said.

“It’s not exactly about that this time…”

“Then what?”

“If I told you then I’d break my promise with Gerard…”

“Who cares about Gerard? If you won’t tell me then I’ll have to ask Gerard instead.”

“He won’t tell you either.”

“We’ll just see about that.” Abi said, getting up from the chair she was sitting on and was about to leave the bar when Mikee called out to her. Personally, I’d prefer if Mikee told her and not me.

“Wait! Okay, okay, I’ll tell you, just sit back down.” she said.

“Okay, so tell me.” Abi said, sitting back down on her seat. There was silence for a while, Frankie and I were still just hiding, waiting to see if she really was going to tell her or not.

“I… don’t think Frankie likes me back…” Mikee said, the two of us sigh silently at this.

“Why would you think that? I could tell he likes you Mimi, have you noticed how he’s always been doing these nice things to you?” Abi said.

“He’s only being nice, he doesn’t know how much I really do like him, he’ll never like me back.”

“Come on Mimi, you’re being too emo, which is not like you because you’re always so hyper and all, for me you and Frankie really suit each other, you’re both short and hyper.” Abi joked.

“Abi I know who he likes!” Mikee suddenly blurted out, shocking Abi for a moment. She kept silent for her friend to continue on what she was going to say. “And he likes the other Mikey, Mikey Way, not Mikee Toro.” she said.

“Shit, she really did tell…” Frankie muttered, not looking happy at all with where this was going.

“So you’re saying he’s gay?” Abi said.

“Yeah, what else would you call a guy who likes another guy?” Mikee said.

“Mikee maybe you heard them wrong, maybe Frankie was trying to point out he liked the you Mikee and not the other Mikey who’s Mikey Way.”

“Abi I did not hear them, I saw them! They were like hugging and Mikey was barely wearing anything…”

“What?! When did this happen?”

“When we were all about to go to lunch, Bob asked you to call Frankie, Mikey and Gerard but since you were so infatuated with Brendon I went instead, the door wasn’t locked so I just went in and I saw them… like that…”

“Mikee… maybe you’re misunderstanding… they were probably just joking around…”

“That’s what Gerard said, you don’t know how much he sounded like a liar.”

“Sheesh Gee, couldn’t you sound a little less like a liar?” Frankie hissed at me.

“Well sorry, if you’re blaming me then why didn’t you go and tell her instead?” I hissed back.

“Oh so you’re saying it’s actually my fault?” Frankie said, turning to me. I was about to say something when Frankie talked. “All right… it is my fault… maybe I shouldn’t have accused her for taking sides and all that crap… maybe if I had locked the door and didn’t go all gay on Mikey… Gee I’m skipping practice; I’m going to my room.” Frankie said, sounding really down as he exits the bar without being noticed.

“Mimi…” Abi said, trying to comfort her friend.

“I’m going to my room now…” Mikee said, pulling away from Abi as she left.

“Hey, your room’s my room too you know, don’t lock me out!” Abi said, going after her friend. I sigh as I stand from where I had been hiding with Frankie, what a night this has been. I go back up to the practice room, Mikey looks a little better now that he’s playing the right chords.

“Hey Gerard! Where have you been? Where’s Frankie?” Ray asked.

“I was at the bar… don’t worry I didn’t drink anything I was just talking with Frankie… he’s skipping practice by the way…” I said.

“What?! He’s skipping practice?!” Ray said, shocked.

“Yep, and by the looks of it I don’t even think he’ll be able to play tomorrow.”

“Tell me you’re only kidding, are you?” Ray said, I just shake my head.

“What’s up?” Bob asked as he and Mikey approach the two of us.

“Frankie’s skipping practice, and Gerard says he might not be able to play tomorrow either.” Ray explained.

“What?! No way!” Bob said, loud enough for the Panic dudes to hear. They make our way towards us, oh great, more people.

“Is something up?” Brendon asked.

“Yeah, it’s our guitarist.” Ray said.

“Who? Frankie?” Spencer asked.

“Yeah, it seems that he’s skipping practice and maybe won’t even want to play tomorrow.” Mikey said.

“Ooh… that’s an issue all right…” Ryan said.

“Want us to postpone the show until Frankie gets a little better?” Jon asked.

“No, we got this covered, so just go back to practice guys, don’t worry about us.” I said, hoping that they would just mind their own business. Fortunately, they didn’t argue and just went back to practicing.

“So, what’re you going to do now guys?” Mikey asked.

“Hey Ray, you don’t think Frankie would lock himself up in our room and won’t let anyone in even us…” Bob said.

“Shit Bob! He might actually do that! Gerard, Mikey, we’ll try to talk to Frankie into getting a little better, you two could just go back to your rooms or stay here or whatever.” Ray said.

“Let’s go Ray! My book of cats is in that room!” Bob said as the two rushed downstairs.

“Hey guys, we’re just not going to practice at this moment, sorry, let’s go Mikey.” I said as the two of us exit the practice room.

“Where are we going Gee?” Mikey asked.

“To our room, I’ll explain everything there.” I said.

Mikey’s POV:

Gerard comes back to the practice room only for news that Frankie is having a really bad mood that might last until the show, after Ray and Bob run down to their room to try and persuade Frankie Gerard and I make our way to our room to explain everything to me.

“So… Gerard… what’s going on?” I ask as I lie down on my bed and Gerard sits on his bed, he takes a deep sigh and explains to me. It seems when he and Frankie were going down to the bar they overhear Abi and Mikee talking about Frankie and Mikee tells Abi about that scene. It turns out to be a real big misunderstanding but no matter how much Gerard or Abi tried to convince her she wouldn’t believe a word.

“… so that’s what’s been going on.” Gerard finished.