Sequel: Is It Still So Wrong?

I Love You, Is That So Wrong? Unfortunately, Yes

An Excuse To Be Corny

“AHH!” Abi said in a frustrated way, having dealt with Mikee earlier this morning and is now getting really tired by her hyper random ramblings.

“You’re not saying anything Nad-nad.” Mikee said, ignoring Abi’s swearing and glares.

“Eh?” Nadine said, totally oblivious of what was going on at the moment.

“Yeah Nadine, you’ve been really quiet lately, so is Uncle Bob.” Abi said.

“Egh, Uncle Bob, that sounds weird.” Anna said.

“Did you two get into a fight?” Mikee asked.

“Uh…” before Nadine could answer that, her cellphone rang. “Oh shit that’s probably Bob waiting for me or something.” she said, getting up from where she was sitting and making her way to the door.

“Wait! Nad-nad you didn’t answer my ques—“

Slam.

“Damn it…” Mikee muttered.

Bob sighed as he placed his cellphone back in his pocket after text messaging Nadine as he leaned on the carriage where he and Nadine were going to go on for their Valentine’s Day date, he found it corny that he bought a small bouquet of roses but hey, Valentine’s Day is supposed to be corny and mushy, right?

“Where is Nadine?” he asks himself, trying to ignore the fangirls passing by trying to take a picture of him, he doesn’t know how much it pissed him off.

“Bob?” he heard Nadine’s voice say from somewhere at a side where he wasn’t paying attention to. He turned to her voice to of course see Nadine, if there’s a girl out there who sounds like Nadine let me know.

“Uh… Nadine… um…” he said, still feeling awkward around her ever since after that fight.

“Why did you have to as my cousin to tell me? You know you could just tell me directly.” she said.

“Yeah… well… I just…” Bob couldn’t exactly get his thoughts all straightened out at the moment.

“It’s okay.” Nadine said suddenly, making Bob actually look at her eye-to-eye for a moment.

“Huh?”

“It’s okay, I know ever since that… fight… things haven’t really been like they used to before.”

“Yeah, so, do you want to get on now?” Bob asked, Nadine nodded as the two got into the carriage, Bob helping Nadine up as they sat down on that chair thingy that looks kinda like a bench with cushions on it. “Oh yeah, I know they’re corny and all, but, here.” Bob said, giving Nadine what he had purchased.

“Ooh thanks Bob!” Nadine said smiling as she took the bouquet; Bob smiled back as his cheeks turned a bit red when he gave them. “Aw… you’re blushing!”

“No I’m not.” Bob denied.

“Right…” Nadine said skeptically. There was a short silence between the two when the ride started, even after that short but best friend-like conversation they still felt a little uncomfortable between each other.

“I’m really sorry for yelling at you like that…” Bob said afterwards, thinking that the silence would only make things more uncomfortable between them, and he wants to patch things up with Nadine.

“It’s all right Bob, I kinda yelled at you too so… I’m sorry too.” she said.

“But I yelled at you more (yeah, he used caps lock).”

“Still, I’m sorry.”

“It’s all right.” another short silence again between the two. “I really do like you, you know.” Bob said, Nadine didn’t say anything, so he continued. “So I kinda want us to be more than just best friends.”

“Kinda?” Nadine said.

“Okay, so I really want us be more than just best friends, coz I’ve liked you ever since I got to know you.” Bob said, he couldn’t help but let his hand wander to Nadine’s, holding it gently as if he wasn’t sure if he was supposed to do this or not (imagine yourself in Bob’s shoes, it’s uncomfortable.).

“You really mean that?”

“Yeah…” Nadine smiled at Bob and held his hand back; Bob was a little taken aback by the action but then smiled back at Nadine. “I really, really mean it Nadine; I want you to be my… girlfriend…” Bob felt a little uneasy saying that but hey, the dude’s asking someone he really likes to be his girlfriend, who wouldn’t be uneasy?

“You sounded a little uneasy there.” Nadine said, smiling.

“I am actually… but I’m a little more concerned about your answer.” Bob said.

“You know my answer Bob.” she said, her smile growing a little bigger.

“No I don’t.” he said, chuckling a little.

“Yes you do.”

“Is that a ‘yes’ I hear?”

“Yes.”

“So you’ll be my girlfriend?”

“Yes Robert Nathaniel Bryar, I will be your girlfriend.” Nadine said, with a smile that signified she was trying not to laugh at the moment when Bob blushed at hearing his full name.

“So… we’re official now?” Bob asked.

“How many times do you have to ask that Bob?” Nadine asked, Bob smiled and inched closer to Nadine.

“Just wanted to make sure…” he said as their lips slowly met, both feeling the gentle warmth of each others breaths.

Abi was making her way to where her text message from Brendon said they were going to meet, it was some kind of small pier near a river where a small ferryboat was floating around as some passengers, mainly couples, boarded it. Abi was looking around for Brendon to see if he was anywhere near that ferryboat, but didn’t see him.

“Brendon you told me to meet you here but I don’t see you anywhere!” she said, she felt a tap on her shoulder, making her turn only to be met by an enormous life-sized teddy bear.

“Hey Abi!” surprisingly the teddy bear sounded a lot like Brendon, Abi looked behind to the bear to see that Brendon was behind it, trying not to let it fall and be dirtied on the dirty floor.

“Brendon? Wow, what’s with the bear?” Abi asked.

“It’s for you!” he said with a big grin on his face, Abi smiled at Brendon as she took the bear he offered.

“Aw, thanks Brendon! It’s so cute!” Abi said, since the bear was ridiculously big she had a little trouble carrying it by herself.

“Careful Abi, don’t drop it.” Brendon said, helping her out in carrying it.

“Wouldn’t want that to happen now would we?” Abi said, she saw Brendon reach for his pocket as he fished out tickets that seemed to be for the ferryboat.

“We’re getting on that.” he said, pointing to the ferryboat some other couples were also getting on.

“Help me in carrying teddy.” Abi said, smiling sheepishly. Brendon gladly helped her as the two got on the ferryboat; they took seats (or bench thingy… I don’t know) somewhere near the rail that prevented people from jumping off the boat so easily (they’ll jump off anyway), placing the teddy bear next to Abi, just in case it doesn’t fall in the water with Brendon nearest the rails (don’t jump off now).

“So is this okay?” he asked.

“Huh? What’s okay?” Abi asked.

“The whole ferryboat thing, not too corny?” Brendon asked.

“Of course not, plus it’s Valentine’s Day, people have a reason to be corny on Valentine’s Day.” Abi answered, Brendon chuckled.

“Yeah, so do you like the bear?” he said.

“It’s as big as I am… I love it!” Abi said while cuddling the huge white teddy bear. “Where’d you get a teddy bear this big anyway?” she asked.

“Ah… someplace…”

“You didn’t make a drug deal for this did you?” Abi joked.

“Abi!” Brendon said, giving her a look, both of them laughed a bit.

“I was only joking Brendon, I know you wouldn’t do that.” Abi said, the two were just enjoying the ride, since they were near a place with great view they had fun sight-seeing a little. The boat was passing by this certain park where there was a horse carriage just riding around it.

“Hey isn’t that Nadine and your uncle?” Brendon said.

“Where?” Abi said, looking at the direction where Brendon was pointing. Brendon was smiling like crazy when he saw Abi’s expression at seeing Bob and Nadine together holding hands acting like a couple, she was shocked but at the same time happy for Nadine.

“Looks like you’ll be having an aunt soon.” Brendon teased, Abi let out a small squeal.

“Yay! Bob and Nad-nad are together! Oh wait… that means Nadine’s going to be my aunt… haha, one of my best friends becomes my aunt, that’s a little weird.” she said, taking her seat again.

“Ooh… now that you mentioned that… it is weird…” Brendon said, they continued looking for interesting sights. The ferryboat passed by this restaurant with another familiar couple taking a seat on a table near the window.

“Look! It’s Ryan and Anna!” Abi said excitedly.

“RYAN! ANNA! OVER HERE!” Brendon shouted, flailing his arms, Abi laughed at how childish (and kinda stupid) he was acting.

“Obviously Brendon, they can’t hear you! Now sit back down, people are starting to stare at you.” Abi said, stifling laughs. Brendon was laughing too as he sat back down on his seat, ignoring the staring people.

“I feel a little hyper.” he said.

“Oh God, did you eat any of Mimi’s chocolate?” Abi asked.

“She wouldn’t give me any.” Brendon answered, Abi laughed a bit.

“Typical Mimi, hey speaking of Mimi there’s the Eiffel Tower! She said Frankie was taking her there!” Abi said, pointing to the extremely tall building.

“We won’t be able to see them way up there Abi.” Brendon pointed out.

“We will if Mimi decides to jump off.”

“She won’t do that.”

“How do you know?” Abi said in a weird tone.

“You’re acting weird now Abi.” Brendon said laughing.

“I get like that sometimes.” Abi said, sitting back on her seat when they had already passed by the Eiffel Tower. They talked about other things for a while.

“Abi…” Brendon said, in a more loving tone, not the tone he was using before.

“What is it Brendon?” Abi asked, Brendon smiled at her and held her hand as he lovingly caressed it.

“You know that I love you right?” he said, Abi blushed a bit but then smiled back as she leaned her head on Brendon’s shoulder so he could place his arm around her.

“Of course I do.” she said.

“And you love me too right?” he asked.

“You know I do Brendon, do you love me?” she asked, Brendon smiled and kissed her on the forehead.

“Of course.”

Ryan stood outside a restaurant with a rectangular box in his hands, looking at his watch and waiting for his date to make an appearance. The restaurant he made a reservation on was the not-so fancy kind where you can wear casual clothes; being formal is just too… formal.

“Ryan?” he turned his head at hearing his name.

“Anna! There you are.” he said smiling.

“Did you wait long?” Anna asked.

“No, not really, here.” Ryan said, giving her the box, Anna stared at it curiously for a while and then looked at Ryan.

“What is it?” she asked, Ryan grinned at this and entwined his fingers with hers.

“You can open it inside.” he said, Anna smiled as the two entered the restaurant and took their seats on a table Ryan had reserved just this morning. A waiter approached them and took their orders, after which Ryan noticed that Anna kept staring at the gift he just gave her.

“Can I open it now?” she asked, trying not to sound too eager, Ryan chuckled.

“Sure.” he said, Anna smiled as she untied the ribbon that kept the box closed and opened it. Her smile grew when she saw a beautiful necklace with the letter ‘A’ as a pendant, there was another pendant though, which was a locket that had three picture spaces (I got that somewhere, I just forgot…).

“Ryan…” she said, at lost for words at the magnificent necklace, Ryan smiled and took her hand.

“Want me to help you put it on?” he asked, Anna nodded and Ryan got up from his seat as he went over behind Anna so he could put the necklace on her while she held back her long black hair. After that he went back to his seat and examined how his girlfriend looked with the necklace, it suited her perfectly. “Perfect.” he said.

“I didn’t ask you what I looked like.” Anna said jokingly, Ryan smiled.

“I know, I just wanted to say that so you’d know.” he said, Anna smiled back at him and examined the locket.

“The locket has three picture slots.” she said.

“I know, on one slot you can put your picture.”

“And on the other one it’s yours, but what about the third one?” at this Ryan had a wide grin on his face, making Anna blink. “Ryan! Tell me!” she said.

“You’ll find out sometime later Anna.” he said.

“Don’t I get a clue?”

“Nope.”

“You’re unfair Ryan.”