Status: oh hai morgan!

I Only Want You for One Night

Maldives Part Two

That week was exactly what we needed.

Though the band hadn't really done much lately - no recording or touring - Tom and I needed a break from society. It still is kind of stressful, for me at least, to keep our thing a secret. I'd always been really excited to fall in love and tell the world.. but I guess that wasn't going to happen.

On New Year's Eve Tom took me to this really nice restaurant (one of the only ones actually) on the island. It was a quiet, candle-lit dinner. No one bothered us, no one asked for a picture. It was nice.

After that we sat out on the beach and counted down the minutes until the new year.

"It's taking forever," Tom declared, ruining the so far romantic night by being impatient. Wasn't that my job?

"Well maybe that's because this is a different time zone, ding bat. It's already the new year back home."

"Can't we just go by German time? I wanna go back to the hotel!" he cried.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand. "Don't you think it's pretty out here?" I asked, looking out over the horizon.

He nodded. "Yeah. I guess. But every place is pretty with you around."

I smiled slightly. "Don't be so whiny."

Tom didn't usually act this way. I figured he was anxious about something. But what though?

A few other people were on the beach, ready to count in the new year. There were about five minutes to spare.

"Tom?" I squeezed his hand.

"Yeah?"

"Remember that one concert in Oberhausen, the one we taped for Zimmer 483 live?"

He scrunched up his face, trying to remember. "Er.. I think so."

"We did In Die Nacht as an encore," I explained.

He nodded. "Yeah, yeah. I remember."

"Do you remember when I said, to the thousands of people, that that song was about us and I wanted us to always be together?"

He nodded.

"Well it's true. Even two years ago, before we were in love, I wanted that."

Tom looked at me and smiled. "You know, touring is going to be so much easier because Georg and Gustav know about us."

I laughed. One track mind, I swear.

A few people gathered on the beach had started to count down.

"Five, four, three, two, one..." we counted down in unison excitedly.

A few fireworks exploded in the sky and I giggled. Tom grabbed me and kissed me passionately. I broke away, my face on fire. He'd never kissed me like that in public. But I didn't care. No one was going to stop us, no one here would expose us. Even if they did, I felt like nothing could hurt me. Tom and I were in love and that was all that I needed to be happy.

We went back to the hotel soon after - I blame Tom's pleading.

"I don't understand what the rush was," I said and plopped down on the bed.

"Because, I wanted to give you something," Tom smiled and went into the bathroom.

I rolled my eyes. I knew this had to be something sexual. One track mind, I tell you. I wanted that night to be romantic, something we could remember in years to come. A new year was something special.

Tom came back in a few minutes later, wearing a robe and holding something behind his back.

I giggled. "Oh God, Tom, please tell me you're not wearing some insane lingerie.." he cut me off and held out a little box in his hand.

"Open it," Tom said excitedly.

I opened the box and gasped. Now I know, this kind of thing is only for girls, but I'm very in touch with my feminine side. Why else would I have fallen for Tom? Haha. Anyway, inside the box was a ring - not too flashy, but something I'd wear. Tom knew my fashion sense well.

"Oh Tom, this is beautiful," I smiled and he took the box from me and slipped the ring onto my ring finger.

"I had a hard time picking it out because well.. engagement rings are usually for women.."

I lost my breath. Engagement? Oh my god..

"Well I mean, I never really said it.. but I want to be with you for the rest of my life and I wanted to make that clear. I don't want anyone else to have you," Tom explained. "And I know that we obviously can't get married or anything, but this is as close as we can get."

I started to cry. This was the most amazing thing..

"Oh my god, Bill. Don't cry!" he flung his arms around me. "I'm sorry. I'll take it back."

I laughed through my tears of joy. "No, you idiot! I'm crying tears of joy!"

"Oh," he smiled and let me go. "Oh, that's good then."

Then I flung my arms around him. "I love you so much, Tom."

"I love you too, Bill," he kissed my forehead. "Okay now you get in bed."

I giggled and wiped the tears off my face. Bye, bye makeup. Ah well, Tom liked me without it anyway. "Why?"

"I'm not done surprising you yet!" he cried and forced me into bed. "I'll be right back."

I sat up in bed, smiling down at the ring, my body shaking with excitement and happiness. I wondered what Tom could possibly have next for me. A few minutes later and Tom came back with an acoustic guitar.

"Are you planning to serenade me?" I giggled as he climbed onto the bed.

He smiled. "Why, of course."

Really?

He strummed for a little bit. "I just want you to lie back and relax, okay?"

I nodded and laid back on the bed. I almost started crying again as he started playing the beginning chords of a song I knew very well. I opened my mouth to sing along but he stopped.

"No, no singing from you," Tom said and put a finger to my lips.

He went back to strumming the beginning chords and my heart almost stopped when he started to sing. Tom wasn't bad, he wasn't tone deaf or anything, but he never, ever sang. Not for anyone, ever.

Soon enough, tears were coming to my eyes. Sure, this had always been our song but it meant everything in the world now that Tom was doing this.

"Ich will da nicht allein sein, lass uns gemeinsam, in die Nacht," he sang loveingly. His eyes were glossy, those dark chocolate pools showing the deepest of emotion.

Tom had never been that romantic in his entire life.

"That was beautiful, Tom," I said when he put his guitar down.

He didn't say anything, he just took me in his arms and kissed me passionately until we were out of breath yet yearning for more.

You know, fucking and making love are two really different things. Tom making love to you is kind of the most amazing experience in the world.

-

I woke up early the next morning before the sun was out. Tom was already awake, holding me close with those strong arms of his.

"Did you get any sleep?" I asked and rubbed my eyes.

He shook his head. "I was watching you."

I laughed. "Isn't that creepy."

"Call me overprotective. I just wanted to make sure you slept okay."

I laughed again. "Was there any doubt I wouldn't? I'm close to you aren't I?"

He smiled.

"So what's the plan for today?" I asked.

He shrugged. "I just want to stay in bed with you. Sound good?"

"Sounds good," I cuddled close to him.

"You're so beautiful," Tom said and kissed the top of my head. "You talk a lot in your sleep, too."

I looked up at him. "Really? What do I say?"

"Oh it was usually about how much of a sex god I am. The usual," he played with his lip ring seductively.

I punched him playfully.

"You can't blame me for being horny. I'm in bed naked with the most gorgeous person in the world," he explained.

"This is true," I smiled cockily. "How many days until we have to go back to the real world?"

"Lets not think about that, okay? We can stay here as long as we want."

"That's fine with me," I yawned and fell back to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I DID IT.

comments please :D