First Times the Hardest

Chapter 4

The wind was strong, most of the scent was gone but Angel found a strand from the strange wolf. She picked up her pace as she neared the stream. The scent was stronger here. She hesitated before walking out into a clearing, she felt uncomfortable, something wasn't right.

Angel slowly walked across the clearing, the grass was high and she crouched low. She was startled from her thoughts by the sharp smell of deer. No more than two feet from her, upwind was a deer. It was looking of toward the trees, petrified by something. Straining her eyes, Angel caught sight of brown fur, crouching low in the tall grass by the wood line.

The strange wolf.

Bracing her body, she shifted to face the deer.

She saw a movement near the tree line, the deer startled, turning to run, right at her. Pushing off her hind legs, her jaw grasped the throat of the deer, perfect. The force of the the two body colliding caused a wrenching feeling in her body, the deer fell dead.

Sitting up, Angel stared in the direction of the strange wolf. Trotting up, he glanced at her, slowly circling her, before hesitantly beginning to eat. Angel stared at him before joining. Their backs were to the wood line, but they were down wind.

Just as she began to feel full, she felt the strange wolf tense next to her. She heard a branch snap behind her and she caught the strong smell of Bo's pack. She tensed, but didn't turn. The strange wolf stood next to her, nervous. She heard Bo growl, My Territory he said.

Turning to face him, she walked confidentially up. Lowering her head slightly she pressed her muzzle into his neck, he growled slightly.

Pressing her nose into his fur she lowered her head more, submission.

All of a sudden, Bo lunged. The strange wolf instantly lunged back. Bo's teeth caught on his neck, the strange wolf's teeth gleamed Bo's ear. She saw Clarie lung at the strange wolf.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah... I'm having trouble with Degrees of Hate... and this story is being slow right now... so, wrote a new one.
Check is out its called My Babylon
its a stupid story, a mix of horror, and romance, and magic, and a bunch of other junk, who knows where it will go, its gonna be short though...
Oh, and I'm considering posting my Bored'n'Shorts
anyone who knows me from quizilla know what those are about, only one 'chapter' leaving you with more questions then answers, but hey...
they're good, maybe I'll post them...