But I really love her

Can it really be?

She nervously extended her hand into mine.
"Um, hi I'm kelly. Could you show me where the nurse is?" She said in a pained voice. She was holding her other hand at her side limply and her nose was bloody.
"Oh, jeez what happened?" I asked as i grabbed a Kleenex from my over stuffed messenger bag. I finally found one hand handed it to her, she quietly thanked me and took it.
"Well, I was on my way here to my locker, when a group of jocks came up and took a swing at me, they hit my nose, then when the went to take another swing, i blocked it with my arm i think i sprained it or something, then they kicked me in the shin and shoved my into the wall" Pain still in her voice, I knew that deal, beat up the new emo kid. Happened to me last year, several times. Once because i as new, once because i signed up for swimming, once cause I tried out, twice because i made the team. I never told anyone, other than my ex boyfriend, he couldnt keep his mouth shut about anything. It was pathetic. I never managed to stay with anyone very long, i had serious trust issues.
"Crap, well sorry to say we have no nurse, but um, I have an ice pack in here." I sounded like a dork. My mom insisted i bring a first aid kit, just more clutter for my locker. I followed the instructions and gave it to her, she slid down her locker door and sat down with the ice on her arm. I shoved my bag into my locker and closed it without locking it. I sat down next to her, she gave me a kind smile, i smiled back, I was absent minded and didn't realize just how loving my smile was apparently.
"Oh, thanks for this, Um, you look really happy." I heard faintly, i was staring off into her eyes they were beautiful. She was perfect, everything i wanted, was it because she was everything i wasnt, or everything i wanted to be?
"Oh, what. Oh no problem and yeah i geuss i am happy."
"Any reason why, you looked really upset before."
"Um, well its just I missed my friend that i really liked, but she kinda moved, but im just happy cause i met you." I lied through my teeth, it was more like, well i met this girl that i really like and its you. I didn't want to tell her that, i had no idea if she was interested in girls. Asking that sort of thing could really mess a friendship, i didn't even know if she liked me, as a friend. My happy level went down, WAY down.
"Meh, im really upset cause i left my best friend back in Omaha. I didnt want to leave, but you are definately making it easier." A chill went down my spine as she looked me in the eyes and placed her hand on mine. I let out i little giggle and she gave me a smirk.