Dream Myself A Dream Come True

First Kiss

Stella just sat there on her bed crying. Her eyes raw from her wiping the tears away so often. After what seemed like an eternity, the tears had finally dried up. She got off her bed, and made her way downstairs to the kitchen. When she arrived in the kitchen, Stella looked around for the usual- her parents credit cards and a note of apology from her parents. They were laying on the counter, in the same spot they usually were. Stella examined the note, noticing that hadn't even bothered to write a new note; the date was marked last week.

"Pizza it is," Stella muttered to herself. She picked up to phone to call Aubrey. She always invited her over when her parents left. The phone rang and rang.

Finally, Aubrey picked up. "Hello?"

"Hey, it's Stella."

"Are the 'rents back yet?"

"No."

"So what are we having?"

"Pizza sound good?"

"Perfect, extra cheese please?"

"Sure. See you in a few." Stella hung up the phone, and started searching for her favorite pizza place in the phone book. She found it and dialed. The man who picked up sounded just like Rowan on the phone, in Stella's opinion. She slowly ordered and resisted the urge to start bawling. She hung up the phone, and quickly gained her composure.

The doorbell rang and Stella ran to the door. She opened it to reveal Aubrey. They exchanged silent greetings, and Aubrey went straight to the kitchen. "So do you want me to stay over tonight?" Aubrey asked

"Please." Stella replied, she hated sleeping as of late.

"Well, good. Because I brought all my stuff." Aubrey said, smiling and revealing she had a backpack with her. Stella just laughed at her friend's goofy smile. "So how's it been going? You didn't seem yourself at school today."

"These dreams with Rowan are just really getting to me. I never really grieved after he left. It's just all coming back to me now. It's really hard on me, you know?" Stella looked down, kind of ashamed she let herself go this long.

"Yeah, I totally understand. Wait... dreams? There have been more?" Aubrey asked quizzically, scrunching her eyebrows together.

"Yeah. I had another one this afternoon." Stella shrugged, implying it was no big deal.

"Tell me about it, Stell. I'm here for you." Aubrey reached out for Stella and rested her hand on top of Stella's, giving it an encouraging tap.

"Well. Remember that one day a little while after I started dating Rowan, when I called to tell you about the picnic he surprised me with? It was like a flashback of that; almost like I was watching it on T.V. That was one the best days I'd ever had with Rowan." This sentiment didn't bring tears to Stella's eyes this time. Instead she smiled, remembering those moments fondly.

Aubrey opened her mouth to respond, but her voice was replaced with the ring of the doorbell. Stella grabbed her father's credit card, and bounded over to the door. She paid and tipped the delivery man and walked over to Aubrey with the pizza.

She flipped open the box and let the steam escape. They both grabbed a slice and silently munched on them. As time passed, nothing but small comments about the pizza were exchanged. Stella liked it this way. She was able to just enjoy the company of Aubrey. The minutes crept by, and before long it was ten o'clock. For the past few hours, the girls were watching T.V. and simultaneously doing their homework. Stella was the first to realize the time and break the silence. "Aub, it's ten. We should probably get to bed."

"Yeah," Aubrey said in agreement, closing her books.

They headed upstairs, and got ready to sleep. They both slipped into their beds; Stella into her own bed, and Aubrey into the guest bed's mattress laid down in front of Stella's bed. Soon, the girls drifted into a slumber.

"Stella? Stella?" some unknown voice screamed through the hallways. Stella looked up to see who was calling her, and she spotted Rowan.

She laughed at Rowan. He looked like a lost puppy looking for its owner. "Over here Ro!" Stella yelled, waving her hand. Rowan spotted her, and he ran toward her.

He stopped abruptly at Stella, who was organizing her locker. "Hi Stell," Rowan said, still huffing from his jog over to Stella.

Stella chuckled, "Hi Rowan. Did you want something?"

"Yeah. Well... I was... uh... wondering..." Rowan hesitated and stuttered.

"Spit it out Rowan." Stella smiled.

"Okay. Well... I just wanted to do this." Rowan gently took her face in his hands and kissed softly on the lips. The slight warmth brightened Stella's skin. Stella smiled and looked down, trying to hide the blush that appeared on her cheeks. "Remember me while you're gone."

This made Stella laugh, and Rowan felt confused by this. "Ro, I'm only going out of town for a few days."

"Yes, but those couple of days, you wouldn't be seeing me. And I would've had to wait a few more days to do that." Rowan smiled, and Stella smiled in response. The warning bell rang for Stella's last class of the day.

"I've got to go Rowan. I'll call you when I get back. 'Kay?"

"Okay, bye Stella." Rowan waved as Stella walked in the opposite direction from which Rowan came. Rowan kept on waving until Stella's tiny frame and jet black hair disappeared around the corner.


Stella shifted in her sleep, and woke up. She didn't open her eyes though, she only smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments please? no one reads this anyway. let me know if you're out there! and subscribers FREAKING comment!