Status: Hatius. Sorry, will post new chapter sometime January.

Runaway Life With Rock Stars

Onze Et Deux Tiers

Chapter 11 and Two Thirds

Climbing into Jane's car while she fixed the bags in the trunk, I buckled up and waited for her to come in. She turned on the car and left the window open for me. She says I'm claustrophobic, but I disagree. I think it's just as she had mentioned earlier; paranoid. On the way to where ever it was we were going, she talked about Shaun. Apparently he was an honest guy who was working in order to make a living since he dropped out of college because he didn't have money and wanted to avoid in getting a student loan in order prevent any debt later. They had been together for more than a year. She says he's the best guy she's known in all her lifetime who has not committed any grief to her. They had just moved in together two months ago and she sounded very happy about how her life was going with Shaun. If only I felt the same way about mine.

We parked up a driveway to a small decent house. The grass was green and the flowers at the side of the yard baked a fragrance over the evening air. I inhaled deeply and smooth when I got out of the car. Helping Jane with the bags of clothes, she led me to the inside of her small home. It looked like a playhouse. The furniture was neatly clean as the colors made everything in the room appear peaceful. I felt like I just walked into a pleasant dream and stepped out of my nightmare. Following her with stopping, she instructed me with some rules.

"Okay, Jad. I'm not bossy or anything, but I just want you to know this before anything else. Please don't clean anything. I don't want to feel like I have a dirty home when you're here. Simply point it out and I'll clean it myself. You are my guest, and guests don't clean. Ray tells me you have this cleaning habit." She laughed lightly. I nodded in comprehension. "Okay. Thank you. Now," she took my shoulders and pushed me gently to a room. "This is the guest room. It will be yours for now at the moment."

I was confused. "Am I going to live here?" I asked with my thoughts speaking through my lips.

"I don't think you are. Unless you want to and Gerard says it's okay." she replied. In an instant I thought about Manuel and Susan. They needed me as much as I needed them. The guilt of leaving them behind with Tony brought a sickening feeling of horrid trauma, producing a shiver down my back. "I think it's best if I just go with Gerard. I don't want to intrude in your life with Shaun." Before she could protest I cut her off. "Besides, I need to look for two friends I left behind." She stayed silent.

"Okay, if that's what you think is best." She looked a little disappointed, but did a good job in changing her facial expression. "So, Jad lets get you into the shower! How does a warm bath sound to you?"

"Bath?" I asked. She smiled warmly as if saying oh my goodness, Jaddus. Don't tell me you've never had one! But I have; only they were known more commonly as a shower, not a bath.

I was covered in bubbles as I lay in warm water. The air freshener Jane had in her bathroom made me relax for the first time in forever. I had been tense for so long, I never thought it was possible to relax! A soft knock at the door pushed the light door open. Jane had come in with a towel. "Think you're ready to put on some clothes now?"

As she extended the towel for me to wrap into, all the noise in there was the noise still water being moved by my body. Wrapped tightly in the towel, I carefully slipped out the bath tub and into the guest room where Jane had picked out the clothes to wear. I shut the door quietly and put on the clothes. Once they were on, I felt awkward because it was the only clean and new clothes I had ever had in years that did not have any holes or tightness in uncomfortable places. While I was tying the new converse Jane bought me, I thought things over. The guys in the band were really nice and great people. I could never thank them enough for their good nature and help they've given me. I would never get over the fact in which Jane has been the first female to treat me like a queen. I wasn't used to this life style, and I don't think I'll ever be. Though, I appreciate with all due respect the concern she's given, the care, kindness, and hospitality.

A light knock came from the door and opened without a creak. “Are you ready, Jad? Shaun will be home from work soon. She paused when she finally saw me. “Well look at you, my darling. You look lovely.” She admired.

“Thanks,” I said shyly. She showed me to the white and black kitchen. The pots in the stove were boiling with fresh ingredients, the low rays of the sun reaching through the window, the table set with nice plates, and forks and tall glass cups. “You have a nice home,” I complimented to Jane.

“Thanks, Jaddus. I mostly owe all the cleaning to Shaun,” she chuckled. “I’m hardly home since I work two jobs. Today was my day off from my first job.” Informed by such news, I wondered how much their payments came for a house like this. If Jane worked two jobs, and Shaun worked one— wait, does he just work one job? I asked Jane about this and she said, “When Shaun isn’t working, he cleans or tutors children who need help in any materials. With the school standards these days and parents wanting the best education for their children as well, tutoring comes to great advantage.”

“Good thinking,” I admired them both for their well though efforts. “Did you ever go to college, Jane?”

Her eyes turned watery and with shame. “I wasn’t given the advantage of going because my father said I didn’t deserve to go for my bad behavior.”

“Well that’s stupid. I wish I could go to school and not have people against me. You’re lucky you’re not a retard like I am.” I said, disappointed in myself.

“No. Don’t say that. You are smart, maybe not educated as well as other kids your age are, but if you keep faith in what you want, they will attract and stay with you. If you want to learn, believe you have the ability and you will.” She assured to me with comfort in her soft voice.
I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing would come out. Before I made a third attempt, Shaun came into the house, taking off his working vest and hanging them in a clothes hanger by the door along with the keys in his hand. “Hey you guys, I’m home.” Jane went over to greet him with an embrace and kiss. I turned away in embarrassment. I had never seen anyone kiss passionately in person.

When Jane’s lips let go of Shaun’s, she announced the food was ready. When we were seated and the food served, we commenced to eat. I tried my best to use the best manners I had when eating. I wasn’t about to humiliate myself in front of anyone as I had before, especially in front of Jane and her boyfriend. As we ate, Shaun and Jane discussed about the plans for the next few hours, about some house payments and what needed to be fixed. All of a sudden I hear my name popped out in the conversation as I was peacefully sipping my vegetable soup. “Huh?” I broke in, puzzled.

“I was just telling Shaun about how you want to learn more.” She informed. My eyes flickered from her to Shaun. He smiled and said, “I would Iove to be your teacher.”

Without giving anything a thought, I jumped out of my chair and ran to swing my arms over Shaun’s neck, almost spilling his soup off the table. They were shocked and began to chuckle as I repeatedly said “Thank you!”

When everything was back to how we began, we finished eating and I helped Jane wash the dishes while she cleaned the counter and table and Shaun dried the dishes and put them away. I was so grateful I was squirming in the couch as I sat impatiently while waiting for Shaun to get out of his work clothes. Soon, we were on our way to the My Chemical Romance’s concert. I watched the cars pass along the streets. I saw a little stray dog at a sidewalk pooping and a man who was busy chatting on his cell phone stepped it and didn’t notice one bit. I turned to Jane and Shaun but held back when I saw them holding hands.

They were perfect for each other. If only I could be part of a loving family like them. To be the one I never had.
♠ ♠ ♠
I will be updating slowly because all the ideas I have to continue the story are currently scattered. Until i connect them with one another will be when updates would come. Sorry if I may take a long time, but I hope I don't take a long to update.
Thanks to everyone who has supported me so far with the development of the story :)
xoXO
zilly