The End.

Chapter Twelve: Just Say It

Chapter Twelve: Just Say It

xXGerard’s POVXx

I leaned against the door after I closed it. I slumped down and hid behind the black hair in my face. How could Mikey treat me like this? Did I upset him? I’m so confused.

“You okay Gee?” I heard Frank asked. I looked up at him and pushed my hair out of my face. His brown eyes stared back at me sympathetically. Had Mikey treated him this way when he tried to talk to him before?

I couldn’t control what happened next. A loud sob spilled out of my throat. I started crying again. I’d been crying too much since I found Mikey on the floor of the bathroom. But I’m sure it’s fine. I mean, I’m so scared for him right now. I’m his older brother. But I have to stop crying so much. I have to be brave. For Mikey...

Frankie pulled me over to a deserted hallway with chairs leaning against the bland walls. He sat me down on one of the chairs and tried to calm me down. “I’ll be fine,” I told him, after calming a little, “But Mikey...I’m not too sure.”

“Yea. I heard him yelling,” Frank looked down for a second, then back at me, “I’m sorry.”

“Why are you sorry? It’s not your fault. You didn’t cause Mikey’s...”

“You have to say it Gee. It’s reality after all.”

“Addiction,” I choked out.

“I know its hard,” he told me, “I mean, I’m sure Mikey didn’t want to admit it either when you went through this a few years ago.” I froze. “Sorry. Shouldn’t have brought that up.” he looked away.

“Has it really only been a few years?” I asked. It was hard to believe. It was, what, three, four years ago I was snorting cocaine and chugging a bottle of vodka and Xanax a day? And now, my little brother’s in the shit, and I’m worrying about him now. Wow. Times do change.

“It’s hard to believe right?” Frank said. I nodded.

We both stayed at the hospital talking for the next hour. You know, just in case there was a change in Mikey’s condition. I heard someone coming over. I turned. Frank was back with our crappy hospital coffee. It’ll keep me awake. That’s enough. I took a hesitant sip.

“Gerard!” I heard someone call, “Frank!” I looked up. It was Ray. Bob was following behind him. I stood up from my little plastic hell hot seat and hugged Ray. He must have been scared shitless. “You okay?” he asked, coming out of the hug. I nodded. Shouldn’t I be asking him that?

“I’m fine,” I told him, “Are you okay? You were freaking out on the phone.”
“Yea. I’m okay. It’s just...why Mikey? I keep thinking that.”

“I don’t know,” I replied, “But he’s in denial right now.”

“How are we supposed to help him with the depression if he denies the meds and crap?” Bob asked. He sounded worried. Of course he was. He was protective of Mikey too. We all were.

“I have a plan,” I bellowed, looking at Mikey’s door.

“What?”

"We’re gonna be there for Mikey and help him through this. Whether he likes it or not.”