The End.

Chapter Fourteen: Runaway

Chapter Fourteen: Runaway

xXGerard’s POVXx

What is Mikey doing? He can’t drive like this! He can’t go anywhere with that yearn for pills! Who knows what’ll happen.

“Mikey!” I screamed at him as he ran out the door. I took off after him. I looked around the car lot until I saw him getting into the car we’d rented to pick him up. “Mikey!” I screamed after him. I ran over to the car as he opened the door. I leaned against the door in front of him, letting it close.

“What the fuck?” Mikey yelled. He tried to get past me to get to the door. I stood my ground. “Move Gerard!” I glared at him.

“No,” I replied firmly. His eyes darkened. He looked at the ground. “Mikey, come on. You’re acting so stupid right now. We just want to help. You know that. Please. Just come back to the bus.”

“I don’t need your help,” he bellowed, “Why won’t this nightmare end?”

“What?” I asked. What’s he talking about? Did he think this was a dream? He really needs to be smacked into reality.

“Move Gerard,” he mumbled darkly. I shook my head. “Move!” he screamed. People were starting to stare now. But I could care less. I just need to get Mikey back to the bus. I can’t let him leave. He screamed at me again.

“No,” I screamed back. I then did something I that I’d regret.

I smacked Mikey across the face.

At first I was shocked and scared about what I did. This was the worst thing I could do. Smacking him isn’t gonna help. It was just gonna make it worse. Why didn’t I stop? Mikey stared back at me with his now black eyes. Tears welled up in them. The hand print on his cheek turned bright red.

“Mikey,” I started calmly, “I’m so-” I was interrupted with him pushing me out of the way. He jumped into the rental car and drove off quickly. I got up from the concrete and tried to run after him. I failed. The car drove off too quickly.

What have I done?