The End.

Chapter Fifteen: Smack

Chapter Fifteen: Smack

xXMikey’s POVXx

I drove as fast as I could to nowhere. I needed to get out of here. Out of this town, out of this state, out of my life. I still don’t understand why I won’t wake the fuck up. I hate this dream. Wake me up! Now!

Fuck. That didn’t work. Neither does trying to keep my mind blank. My mind was racing from one thing to another. Pills, music, and Gerard. A lot of Gerard.

I can’t believe he did that. My own brother smacked me across the face! I’m fucking pissed at him. He’s just like Alicia and everyone else. He doesn’t care. He only pretends to so he can feel better about himself! Well you know what? I fucking hate him and I never want to see him again.

I pulled over at a red light and looked around. It was almost dark out now, the sky turning and ugly mix of pink and red. I was sweating bullets by now. I need pills. I need sleep. I need my mind to shut up. I looked up at a sign on the side of the road. It read ‘Welcome to Belleville’. So I’m in the next town over. It’ll due for now.

I didn’t pull over again until I reached another used car lot in the middle of town. I dropped the car off there, since they happened to be owned by the same people who owned the one my brother rented it from. I cleared my stuff out from the back of the car and walked down the road.

Where am I going to stay tonight? I looked at my watch. Nine o’ clock. Hmm. I guess I have some time to kill. Maybe I’ll go to the CVS down the street and get my pills.

I entered the glass doors in silence and walked over to the medicine aisles. I searched the shelves. Nothing. I sighed and walked over to the counter. The woman there looked at me for a second, like she knew who I was, and then asked me, “Can I help you?”

“Um, yes,” I started. My hands were shaking a little from the withdrawal, “I was just wondering where the sleeping pills were.”

“Oh, they’re right over there,” the woman said pointing to the aisle I was just in.

I turned to her. “I’m sorry. The medication I’m looking for isn’t there.”

“Do you happen to know the name?” she questioned.

“Ambien Extra,” I replied. She nodded and walked off to find her manager. I drummed my fingers on the counter impatiently. I began to sweat again. I need to calm down. She may bring the manager over if I don’t.

She came back after a few more minutes. “I’m sorry sir, but we can’t sell you those unless there’s a prescription,” she told me. Then how did Gerard get them? Or whomever in the band? Maybe it’s a new thing.

“Okay then. Thank you,” with that, I rushed out the door.

I can’t fucking believe it. What do I do now? I looked at my watch again. Nine thirty. If I go to a hotel, Gerard may call all of the hotels and find me. I’m not letting that happen to me. i’m gonna be independent and one my own now. Whether he likes it or not. But where will I sleep?

I walked aimlessly around the town until most of the stores were closed. The only light was from the neon signs of the bars and clubs. I’m not into drinking. I’ll skip that. I looked ahead and saw the car lot. I walked over and rented another car, just for the night. I needed to sleep somewhere safe. I guess if a car has locks it qualifies.

I sat in the parked car for a while. I couldn’t fall asleep. But I was so wiped. I got up and walked into one of the alleyways, not even thinking about what I was doing. I leaned on the wall, completely ready to crash, when a man walked up to me. I rose my sunken head and looked at him. He glared back at me with his piercing gray eyes.

“Are you the new kid?” he asked.

“What?” i responded. I was too tired to get it.

“Weren’t you the kid looking for the Ambien in that shop?” he asked me. I blinked. i nodded.

“Do you still want those pills?” he asked. My eyes widened. I nodded vigorously. He smirked. It reminded me of Gerard. Ugh. Got to get him out of my head.

“Listen, I’ll give you the pills,” he replied. He took out the yellow and white pills from his pocket. My hands shook vigorously as I tried to restrain them from grabbing the pills. The man put them back in his pocket. I got sad again. “But, you have to do something for me.”

“What is it?” I asked sharply. I wanted those fucking pills. Bad.

“I have a stash of new substances,” he told me, “But, I don’t know what’s good and what’s bad. So, I’m willing to give you three bottles of that Ambien you want if you test for me.”

I nodded. Testing couldn’t be that bad. What could happen to me? I’m getting my pills after all! He smirked again and lead me deeper into the alleyway. “Hey,” he started as we walked. I turned, “What’s your name kid?”

“Mikey,” I replied. He nodded.

“Name’s Joe,” he told me. I nodded. Joe. He seems nice I guess.

We stopped walking when we reached a little sunken brick wall alcove. There was a box there. Joe went over and removed the box, revealing several bottles of pills, Xanax, and other various pills. It was like a junkie’s heaven. But I’m not a junkie. I’m just here for sleeping pills. That’s all.

He handed me the three bottles he promised. All three were full to the brim with what I wanted. Capsized relief. He then handed me a syringe full of something. I couldn’t tell what though. He then handed me a ripped piece of cloth and a rubber band and put them both on my slim arm. I watched curiously.

He then smacked where my vein was a couple of times and handed my the syringe. I realized what it was. Smack. It fit me by name I guess. BUt I still didn’t want to do this in a way. But I had to. I made a promise, and now I have to keep it. That’s how I was raised, right?

I injected the sharp needle into my pale skin. It hurt like hell and I just wanted to scream. But I knew it was a dream, and no one would hear me or save me. I pulled the needle out. Maybe that’ll wake me up from this nightmare.

I suddenly felt dizzy and felt like I was gonna puke. I purged on the wall of the alleyway and my vision got blurry. All Joe said was, “Welcome to hell kid. Hope you enjoyed the smack.” I didn’t. I threw up the bile in my throat and passed out on my side.

All the thoughts came rushing to me at once while I was out. I needed to wake up. I needed my pills. I needed relief.

I needed to die...