The End.

Chapter Seventeen: Worried

Chapter Seventeen: Worried

xXGerard’s POVXx

I drove the new rental car back into the lot. The door closed hard behind me and I ran into the van. I was so frustrated. I had searched all night for Mikey, with no sign of him. I was worried sick.

I feel like it’s my fault. I’m the one who smacked him. But then again, wouldn’t he still have gone if I hadn’t smacked him. Probably, probably not. I’m not too sure right now. I’m more mad at myself than Mikey.

I slammed the front door hard behind me. Frank was sitting on the couch, waiting for me. I walked over to the coffee machine, completely avoiding him. I didn’t want to talk.

“You okay Gee?” he asked. I continued to put the contents of the bag into the filter. “You were out all night.” I ignored him. “You look like shit, you know that? You tired?” I slammed the coffee opener shut and remained silent. My fingers drummed on the counter as I waited for my coffee in silence.

“Gee, come on,” Frankie said. He walked up to me and tried to get my attention by putting his face in front of me. “We can talk about this.” I remained silent. Frank gave me his goofy grin. I couldn’t help but smile back.

“So I take no sign of him,” he hesitated. I shook my head. The tears threatened to fall, but I wiped them away. Crying was the last thing on my list to do today. Guess who was my number one priority?

“I’m scared,” I admitted finally, “Anything could have happened to him. He could be hurt. He could be crying. He could be,” I swallowed back the sob hard, “Dead...”

“Gee, he’ll be fine,” Frank cooed, “We’ll just have to keep looking. That’s all.”

“You’re right,” I said.

“Yea. By the way, are you gonna sleep or look like shit for the rest of the day?”

“Look like shit. At least I won’t waste time that way.”

“True,” Frank said, “So, when are we going looking again?”

“Later tonight,” I replied, “For know, we’ll just wait.”

Frank and I waited for a sign from Mikey the whole day. There was none. I began to worry more. I looked at the clock. Eleven thirty. If he doesn’t call in the next five minutes, I’m going looking for him again. Maybe I’ll check Belleville tonight. Maybe he drove there.

Frank stayed up with me. The next five minutes were hell. They ticked by slowly, and the world seemed to go at a standstill.

And then the phone rang...