The End.

Chapter Eighteen: Alicia

Chapter Eighteen: Alicia

xXGerard’s POVXx

Frank and I both jumped for the phone. I got there first. I picked up the cold metal cell and looked at the caller ID. No. It can’t be. Could it. I decided to pick up the phone and ask. I spoke into the receiver, “Hello?”

“Gerard?” she started. Yep. It was her. Alicia.

“Yea,” I replied coldly. I was still pissed at her. It was sort of her fault this shit was happening. It’s her fault Mikey’s hurting and doing all this bullshit. But I continued to talk anyway. “What do you want Alicia?”

“Can I talk to Mikey?” she asked. I swallowed down a sob. I forgot she didn’t know.

“He’s not here,” I told her.

“Then why’s his cell there?” she asked. I looked at the cell wallpaper. It was a picture of me and Mikey last Christmas, each with a smile. Oh.

“I’m not sure,” I replied. It was the truth.

“Well, can you tell him I’m sorry?” she said. Wait. What?

“What?”

“I wanted to apologize for before. I overreacted and made a huge mistake. I’m paying the consequences for that now. I don’t want to leave him. I really don’t. Please Gee. Just tell him that,” she begged. I heard her sniffle. Was she crying?

I sighed. “Where are you?”

“What?”

“Where are you? I’ll come get you.”

“I’m in Belleville. In front of the Starbucks on the corner of Chapel.”

“Okay,” I replied, “Frankie and I will be there soon.”

“Okay. Oh and Gerard,” she started before I hung up.

“Yea?”

“Thanks,” she said. I smiled slightly.

“No, thank you Alicia,” I told her.

“What?” Right. I forgot she didn’t know again.

“Nothing. Um, I’ll explain when we get there,” I said.

“Okay. Bye.”

“Bye.” With that, I hung up Mikey’s phone. I turned to Frank. He knew what was going on. He knew it was Alicia.

“So, what now?” he asked. I grabbed my leather jacket and lead him out into the crisp October air. I opened the car door and looked across the hood at Frank.

“We’re going to tell Alicia...”