The End.

Chapter Nineteen: All For The Better

Chapter Nineteen: All For The Better...

xXGerard’s POVXx

Frank and I jumped into the car and drove for the next half hour to Belleville. We finally arrived around midnight, and spent five minutes looking for the local Starbucks. Luckily for us, we’d been in that area of town before, so it was simple to find.

I pulled up to the large glass doors in the rental car and looked through the glass. I recognized Alicia right away. I don’t know why I thought she’d change in the week I hadn’t seen her. She still had her long black hair and nose stud, along with her unique attire. Nothing had really changed.

Frank went into the back seat as Alicia came out of the coffee shop. She opened the front door and scooted in next to me, flashing me an apologetic and grateful smile. “Thanks,” she told me as i started to drive.

“No problem,” I replied. Silence fell over us.

“Look,” she started, “I’m really sorry about leaving like that. I was just in such a bad mood and, well, I wanted to apologize sooner, but...I don’t know. I just needed to blow off some steam I guess. That’s all.”

“I guess I can understand,” I lied. Thoughts kept rushing to my head. Tell her. Don’t tell her. I was torn between the two.

“Yea,” she mumbled. Silence again. “Um, Gee?”

“What?” I asked. What does she want?

“Where’s Mikey?” she asked. It almost broke me right there to hear his name. I was still so scared for him. Plus, I’m responsible for telling Alicia the truth. But I can’t right now. It’s not a good time.

“Um,” I tried to think of an excuse. Nothing came to me. The long pause would really make her suspicious.

“Gerard,” she started again, more firmly,”Where’s Mikey?

“I don’t know,” I bellowed. If I could barely hear it, Alicia probably wouldn’t either.

“What?”

I Don’t Know!” I practically shouted. I glanced at Alicia from the corner of my eye. Her expression was blank. Plain, pale, and colorless as paper. She looked like she’d been smacked in the face. Part of me felt like she deserved it for smacking Mikey, the other part feeling bad. We sat in silence.

When we reached the lot half an hour later, I took the keys out of the ignition and sat at the wheel. No one moved. I looked at Alicia, who was facing the window. I noticed in her reflection a small river of water running down her cheek silently. Before I got out, I turned fully to her and said,

“I’m sorry...”