The End.

Chapter Twenty-One: The Angels Are Crying and So A

Chapter Twenty-One: The Angel’s Are Crying and So Am I...

xXGerard’s POVXx

I sat in the dark main room for the rest of the night. I was drawing when I heard a noise from outside. A loud, boom and a flash of light hitting the ground, making sparks fly. I looked outside. The pitter patter of the water droplets hummed as the hit the roof, falling down and sending little rivers down the window. It was raining.

I stared at the rain for a while, listening to it, and calming my hectic thoughts. My eyelids started to droop. I blinked to let the tiredness go away. It worked for a little while.

“Gerard?” I heard someone say. I turned to face Alicia’s pale cheeks eliminated by the candle’s light. Wait. Why was she holding a candle?

“Hey,” I said.

“The power went out,” she replied, putting the candle on the counter top. She kneeled down and opened the cabinet, searching for a flashlight or another candle. She pulled out an electric one and screwed on the bulb. She blew out the flame of the other stick of wax and place the electric replacement on the dinette. She sat down.

Silence fell over us. The only sound was the pitter patter of the rain outside. “Gerard,” Alicia started. I turned to her, “Something’s wrong. I can tell. What’s going on with Mikey?”

I sighed. I didn’t want to tell her just yet. But I had to. She asked, and I would be forced to answer. i took a deep breath. “Mikey,” I closed my eyes for a second to think about what I’d say. Just get it over with. It’ll be okay. Right?

“Mikey’s been diagnosed with depression,” I told her. I looked at her. Her face fell and she hid her face in her hands, her black hair hanging over her like a curtain. I could see Alicia shaking from the sobs. I ran to the other side of the table and put an arm around her consolingly. She fell into the hug as I rocked her back and forth.

“It’s all my fault,” she choked out,” It’s all my fault.”

“No, it’s not your fault Alicia,” I told her, “It’s no one’s fault.”

“No, I’m the one who left him,” she said, pulling away, “I’m the one who smacked him. It’s my fault my own husband, the love of my life, is depressed. It’s my fault. It’s all my fault.” She began to cry again.

It hurt to see everyone like this. i mean, I was crying for days on end last week. Frank cried, Ray was in hysterics the other day, and now Alicia. Everyone’s hurting, and I feel like I can’t do anything about it. I looked out the window. The rain was coming down harder now, making the tears of angels pour like waterfalls from the heavens. I wonder. Does Mikey have anywhere to stay?

I knew what I needed to do. I got up and grabbed my leather jacket, wrapping it tightly around me. Alicia looked up, tears still in her swollen eyes. “Where are you going?” she asked. I turned to her as I opened the door.

“To find Mikey...”