The End.

Chapter Three: Poor Mikey...

Chapter Three: Poor Mikey...

xXMikey’s POVXx

I leaned on the wooden door and hung my head. How could she do this to me? We made a vow to stay together, for better or worse. This is the fucking worst the to possibly happen. This really sucks. I hate it.

Ow. My face hurts why? I placed my fingertips softly on my face. It stung there, and hurt like hell. Oh. She slapped me. Right.

I lay down on my bed and stared at the ceiling for a while. I tried to keep my mind blank, but nothing seemed to work. My thoughts all came back to Alicia. Sure, we’d fought before, but never like this. She’d never cheated on me before we got married. That’s when it first happened.

It was a couple of months after the band started touring again. She had gone off with some guy and had gone on a few dates. When he broke up with her, she called me on my cell crying, and told me everything. I knew she was hurting, and that she learned her lesson the hard way, so I forgave her.

I guess she didn’t learn her lesson after all. Even though she was touring with us so that it wouldn’t happen again, she still cheated on me. I found out the hard was this time. I had gone to Starbucks with Gerard and was waiting for our coffee. I turned around to go to a table, and boom! There she is, in a lip lock with some guy.

Gerard was the only one that ever knew. Right after I found at the second time, I went to him and cried. He was there for me and I felt better. He was always there. But that’s what brothers do right?

It pisses me off so much that Alicia is the one who made me hurt, and yet I’m getting punished for it. It sucks so much, and I hate it more than ever. I actually hate her more than ever. I know it isn’t right to hate, and it doesn’t feel right to, but she fucking cheated on me, and I think I have every right to be mad at her. I just wanna scream right now.

“Poor Mikey...” I heard from behind the door. It was Frank. I guess Gerard told him, or he saw.

“Poor Mikey’s right...” I heard someone else say from the main room. This time it was Gerard. He sounded stressed.

Why’s everyone dwelling on this? I mean, I’m upset, but I’ll get better soon. I don’t want everyone to worry about me. I’ll be fine. I’ll get over it. Eventually.

I sat in my bunk with the curtain closed for the rest of the night. I didn’t feel like eating anything, or talking to anyone. I wanted to be alone. I wanted to sleep away this day, and wake up, this day ending up all a bad dream. But my mind wouldn’t shut up, so I stayed awake for a while.

Ray and Bob came in after a while. I quickly turned to lay on my side to face the wall, and acted like I was sleeping. I could feel their worried stares on my back. I then heard footsteps and the sound of ruffling sheets and knew they were in their bunks, almost asleep.

I think Frank came in next. I’m not sure. I did feel him staring at me, even through the dark green curtain. I heard him climb into the bunk next to mine, which was his usual bunk. The red and black plaid curtain closed and silence lay over the small room.

I knew Gerard came in last. It was about three thirty in the morning from what I could read on my watch. I heard my curtain open a bit and I knew he was peeking in to see if I was okay.

“Mikey,” he whispered. I could almost see his concerned smile. “It’ll be okay. Don’t worry.” It won’t be okay. What made him think that?

“I love you,” he told me. He then closed the curtain softly and I heard him climb into his bunk.

How’d he know I was still awake? Maybe he didn’t. Maybe he just said it purposely so that I wouldn’t get upset hearing that. Well, I guess even Gee could be wrong too.

My mind was restless now, keeping me awake. I really just want to sleep. But I don’t want to dream. I might get upset if it’s about Alicia. Her name made me cringe and my heart hurt a little. I really need to just sleep.

I got up out of the bed and quietly walked to the bathroom. I sat on the floor for a little bit, trying to calm my thoughts. Nothing worked again. I splashed my face with warm water and something caught my eye.

I looked up. Looking back at me was a picture of a boy, hurt and confused, looking as if he’ll cry. Wait. Is that me? No. It can’t be. I don’t look that bad. Do I?

I have to get this out of me head. I need sleep. That’s what I need. Before I could stop myself, I rummaged through the medicine cabinet. I picked up a bottle of sleeping pills. Why did we have these in our cabinet if Gee’s a recovering drug addict? I stared at the bottle for a few seconds. After a while, I unscrewed the cap.

A few pills won’t hurt...