The End.

Chapter Thirty: All You Need

Chapter Thirty: All You Need

xXAlicia’s POVXx


I struggled to hold the heavy megaphone up to my face. Once it was there, I flipped the switch and took a breath. Here goes... “Mikey, it’s me.”

His head shot down to look at me immediately at the sound of my voice. I sighed, glad he was looking at me. Now, to get him to listen. “What are you doing here?” he yelled, shocked at my presence.

“Mikey, why are you doing this?” I asked. I chocked down a sob. I couldn’t cry at a time like this. “Why would you want to take your own life?”

“Gerard told you!” he shot at me, “That should explain it all!!”

“But Mikey, I want to hear your reasoning! Not Gerard’s, not Frank’s, and not Ray’s. I want an explanation from you!!” I stared up at him, awaiting his answer.

He hid in his hair, but I could still see he was looking at me. I gazed back. please answer. PLEASE answer...

“Because...” he sighed, “Because I have no reason here.”

“That’s not true-”

“It is true!!” he called back, “I’m a worthless drug addict. The world could really use less of those laying around on their asses all day. I have no home, because I’m not accepted because of my issues. Then again, I wouldn’t accept my best friend being a drug addict either. Especially not if I’m still recovering.” Out of my peripheral vision, I saw Gerard look down, ashamed.

“I lost everything,” he continued, “i lost my family, my brother, my band, you. I have nothing left to live for, so why keep living? I’ll only take up space.” He paused and gulped. “I could have said I had love, but I lost that too.” From here, I could almost see the tears well up.

Before I could speak, I started crying. Tears were running down my face, fast, as I spoke. “I LOVE you Michael James Way!!” I yelled, “I really, truly, do! Just please don’t jump! Please!!” I took a breath. “We want you to come home!!!”

He stopped for a moment on the edge of the building, but I could tell he saw me crying. I held my breath, and didn’t blink, because I didn’t want my next sight to be my husband splattered on the concrete. As I stared up at him, I saw he turned away and stalled. And after another moment, he finally stepped away from the ledge.

None of us could control ourselves, for before we knew it, we were all running back inside and sprinting up the stairwell. Gerard and I were in front, and the others were going at a slightly slower speed behind us. At one point, I lost focus, and everything was a blur.

I don’t remember how, but somehow, I’d gotten to the door first. I slammed my hands against it, forcing it open without an audible crash. The first sight was my husband standing there, facing away from me. I exhaled heavily and he turned to me. Before I knew it, I was in his embrace, crying tears of joy.

After minutes or hours (we didn’t know which) I pulled out and kissed him softly on the lips. He smiled through the tears still welled up and we pulled apart. I turned to Gerard, who was standing in the doorway now. He slowly walked his way to Mikey, like he was just learning how, and stopped right in front of him. They embraced.

Gerard let out a soft sob of relief and joy intermixed, and held his brother close. I smiled at the two, and looked over to see Ray, Bob, and Frank, all smiling as well. We all cried tears of joy, glad that Mikey had not taken his own life, and was now going to give up the pills. But at that moment, none of that mattered. All that mattered was Mikey’s smile, and the love our family shared.

Love so rich, that one day, may carry a child into this world, although only I know it....