The End.

Chapter Eight: Call

Chapter Eight: Call

xXGerard’s POVXx

I drank my Starbucks in silence, and looked at the man across from me. Frankie had taken me to Starbuck to try and get my mind off of this, and to keep me from going insane. But I couldn’t enjoy it knowing that Mikey was left alone, and could be in danger. I was so scared.

“You okay?” Frankie asked. I looked up at his small, brown eyes. He smiled a little at me.

“I just realized my little brothers popping pills,” I told him, smiling the straw in my iced latte. “How do you think I feel?”

“Crappy,” Frankie replied. He took a sip of his coffee, “But I just wanted you to confirm it.” He put down his cup and leaned over the table top. “You feeling okay? You look paler than usual.”

“I’m just freaked out. That’s all.”

“That’s not all that’s bothering you.”

“How do you know?”

“I just do okay?” Frankie slouched in his chair. “You wanna talk about it?”

“I’m scared shitless right now,” I admitted. I felt as if I couldn’t control my mouth, “I mean, my little brother, who’’s even seen me fall deep, is hurting himself with sleeping pills. He could damage his liver even worse. He could OD. Frank, what if he’s doing other shit? Like, taking other drugs, or cutting?”

“It’s only been a couple of days Gee,” he told me, “Only time will tell if he’ll be okay. But we should watch him carefully. Make sure he’s not getting enough time to himself to do anything life-threatening.”

“You’re right,” I agreed. I looked at my watch. Six-thirty. “We should be going soon. We’ve been gone for an hour.”

“It’s okay. Ray’s with him.”

“What? I thought we left him alone?”

“Well, Ray said he’d be back around six,” he told me, “He said he’d keep a close eye on Mikey. He knows about Alicia, and agrees that we should watch him.”

“Does Ray know about the pills?” I asked.

“No, I just told him we’d explain later. After Mikey’s asleep and all. We’ll tell him and Bob then,” he got up and threw away his now empty coffee cup.

I nodded. “Makes sense.” I threw away the remainder of my coffee. I wasn’t up to drinking or eating anything right now. Too much shock and terror flowing inside me.

The two of us walked around the small town talking for another hour. Frankie was telling me a story about when he was in Pencey Prep, and we were laughing and having a good time sharing the memories of when we rehearsed together in the small garage. That’s when my phone rang. I pulled it out of my pocket and looked at the caller ID. It was from the bus.

“Hello?” I said into the phone.

“Oh my god Gerard! I-um-Oh my god! Oh god!” It was Ray.

“Ray! Ray! Calm down. What's going on?”

“I don’t know!”

“What do you mean ‘I don’t know?’.”

“I’m not sure. I-It’s Mikey. He’s passed out! He’s on the floor! I’ve called the hospital and they’re on their way! Oh God Gerard! I don’t know what happened! I don’t know what’s going on I-” My phone dropped to the concrete, Ray asking if I was there.

And for what seemed like hours, I broke down and cried on the sidewalk...