Simply Eternity

The Baby In Her Arms

It is crazy how lovely the moon is, so radiant against the black canvas of night. I wish I could just spend my life on the moon, no worries. Just me and the sky, Living. Life as a Goddess is nothing like they say it is; we want nothing more than to live as freely as our creations.

I pressed my hand to the glass, wishing it would disappear and I could fly to the moon. To live among my sisters in the stars, but ….I am not welcome tainted. I signed; With my black hair and sharp teeth, I look like a Demon myself.

At the head of the large room was a Huge Canopy Bed with Red silk covers and pillows. I admired it as I walked over and lied down. I moaned into the soft Red silk, everything in the room was Dark. The Lamps, the Floors, the walls, but what else could you expect? Demons had that sense of style, Dark and gothic. Unlike me , they live up to their sterotypes.

My eyes wandered about the ceiling, twirling one of my curls in my fingers. One entire Year I would live in this room. For One year I would have to endure their wicked forms of torture. They will stop at nothing to break me, and I couldn't even stand one demon.

I Groaned, Closing my eyes to the room. I didn't want to be here. I didn't want be captured, I didn't want to think or even breathe. I wanted to dream and pretend I was safe somewhere else. I didn't want to be me.

And so I searched my mind for someone less troubled, peaceful. I searched across the vast oceans and cities that rested in the back of my mind, trying to find someone. And there he was, sitting in an apartment in what used to be New York, isolated from the world.

I sighed, his unawareness overwhelming almost. I read his mind with glee, The man couldn't have a care in the world. For he lived with one of the only females left, His Newborn Daughter Fawne. He held her in his arms thinking of a song to sing to the newborn. I smiled into the mattress, turning on my side. I gave him one, a Lullaby only a goddess could sing. So I sung it for him.

The words flowed out of mine and into his, the complicated language unknown to humans being released through his lips. I felt as I was him, the baby in my arms as I sung. It was when I sensed a demon that I stopped. It was then that I noticed the baby was gone from my arms, The Screams from the outside the room, the crimson blood on my shirt.

Across from me stood a demon, tall and pale. He held the baby close to his chest as a sudden Pain surged through me; I became breathless and pulled back. Just before I left the distress the Demon gave the child to the Nurse at his side, a smile on his face as the Father fell lifelessly to the floor. I opened my eyes.

I sat up, my fingers trembling. I looked at the clock by the bed, it read 10:55. I stood up from the bed, my feet tripping on the edge of my dress. I caught myself, tryin and failing to fight the anger I felt. I gripped the edge of an armoire and steadied myself. My face dead of emotion, I shook it off.

I hate it, knowing that I could have stopped it. To feel the pain of death…It’s not right. I appear not to like humans, but I love them more that life. I love all my creations and hate all that mess with them. And the very fact that demons strip away children makes me want to commit murder. I feel at fault and then I remember I’m in a castle full of them. I growl, sick with dread. If they think I’ll stay here now that I know their secret, they’re dead wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
That Took Forever!
Hope you like it!
XoXo Tophatsandcorsets