Fork and Knife

I Did Not Chose Him, He Did Not Chose Me

I got off the phone with Brendon, eager to get back to what we had started when I noticed Danhiel was gone. I was a bit confused, the house was so small I could pretty much see her if she was standing at the opposite end of the house, I couldn't even hear a thing. I got up to look further for her, calling out her name. In a matter of about 7.8 seconds I had searched the entire house. Oh yeah, it was a mansion. I was a bit panicky, and a bit horny so I went outside to see if for some odd reason she may have gone to... put the garbage out?

I walked outside and immediately shut my eyes again at the balmy and torturing sun. I squinted looking around, seeing her talking to her neighbor, the same lady I had done so with a couple of nights back. I began to walk over to her, when just as I was 10 ft away the lady went back inside her house and Danhiel came walking over in my direction. I smiled at her and moved towards her but she took a sharp turn and completely dodged me, retreating back into the shack. Ryan's in trouble.. what the fuck did I do now? I swear women are more pains in the asses than Brendon. Did that make sense?

I rolled my eyes and reluctantly went back into the house to see what was up Danhiel's ass, as she didn't seem quite as happy to see me as I was too see her. As soon as I got inside I noticed her walking around the house picking up anything and everything she could and putting it in cardboard boxes. This was a little odd, yes? I snaked up behind her and peered over her shoulder to look into the box, photo's, cracked old vases, toothbrush "Danhiel, what are you doing?" She didn't stop or even look at me and just simply replied in a complete depressed and monotone voice "I'm packing Ryan, hence me standing here with a box, putting items in it, packing!" Someone's having serious mood swings. "Uh, I can see that.. why are you packing?" I asked sitting down on the sunken couch and watching her in amusement "I'm leaving." She said. Good feeling gone.

"What!?" I asked surprised and upset at the same time jumping to my feet for extra dramatic effect. For the first time since we were back in the house, she put the boxes down and stopped and turned to look at me "I'm leaving Ryan, there's nothing left for me here! Look at this place, i don't even know how long I will be able to survive, I know they have shelters for people like me, but I don't want to end up like that! Im being offered a job out in Michigan, from Michael." She said I gave a confused look "who the fuck is Michael?" I asked. I'd like to see him travel to 49 different states in under five months! "Michael was the man I was with last night, and I know when you came in, it must have looked bad, but Ryan he's all I have and he can support me, he can give me everything and anything I want."

Including broken bones? I rushed over to her and grabbed her in my arms. Maybe if I squeezed tight enough this would all go away and she would never leave me. And we could be together forever, just two strangers who met inside a Starbucks cafe`. "Ryan go home, go back to your life. I'm just another hassle you don't need." I pulled back and grabbed her shoulders, forcing her to look me in the eye "No, no your not! You can come on tour with me! And, and you can stay in our extra bunk, no one will notice people have groupies on buses all the time!" I rambled she shook her head at me and pushed me away "Ryan! Are you crazy? We don't even know each other I can't just come and live with you for months while you 'tour the world!' Leave now, there will be a cab for you soon." I opened my mouth to speak but she just pushed me towards the door.

But I was taller than her, and I must be stronger than her. I stopped dead in my tracks and watched her try to force me out of home until she just gave up and gave a long sigh. "Ryan, I need you to go" she said "but if you-" "Get out of my house Ryan! Now! Or so hrlp me God I WILL call the cops." she said cutting me off. A taxi horn beeped outside and I knew I had to go, if it was what she wanted. But if what she wants was supposed to make me happy, then why do I feel so bad?

She slammed the door after me, and it was like a knife to my heart. I glumly opened the backseat to the car door and gave him the directions back to the buses as i curled up in a ball in the backseat and cried like a baby. All the way home.