Status: Completed

A Cashier and a Movie Star...Can They Really Fall in Love?

Chapter Ten News Channel

I drove home without a problem, and once I got home, I walked into my room, and sobbed into my pillow. I would barely leave my room except to go to work, eat, and use the bathroom. That's what happened throughout August. I barely ate, I didn't speak to anyone at work or any of my friends. I just felt empty inside...

School would soon be starting up again, and I was not looking forward to it. I wanted to just stay in my bedroom and never leave.

KNOCK KNOCK.

'Great...' I thought to myself. 'More problems...'

"What?!?!" I moaned.

"JOANNE!!!!!!!!!" screamed my sister as she burst through the door. "Lover boy is on the TV!!!!!!! He's on Ellen, and he is talking about why he went missing from the set!!!! TURN IT ON!"

I sighed, and turned it on just in time...

"Yeah, so you are probably all wondering where I've been. It will scare you that I have not been busy filming Half Blood Prince..."

There was a bit of chatter from the studio audience, and Tom resumed. "I actually came to America to escape all of that stuff, and stayed at a lovely hotel in New Jersey..."

"New Jersey huh?" asked Ellen. "You look really sad though to be back on the set. Why is that?"

"Well, I met this girl who is amazing," said Tom as the audience awwwwwwwwed. "And for the past few weeks, I haven't seen her or heard from her. I really miss her... I even wrote a song for her."

"Oh wow!" said Ellen. "Would you mind playing it for us all?"

"No problem," said Tom as he gave Ellen a weak smile. The stagehands gave Tom a guitar, and he started to strum it, and sang:

"Tick tock goes the clock, time is going so slow.
I know I'm supposed to be fast asleep a couple hours ago.
So I, I need to exercise the right I've got to rest these eyes.
And I, I need to knock on some doors... then I wont have to lie here by myself anymore.
Cause time isn't healing... I'm getting sick of staring at my ceiling.
And I, I can't help the way I feel about you. Cause time isn't healing... pretty sick of staring at my ceiling.
And I, I can't help the way I've fallen for you...
I have a run to try and send me to sleep, but things aren't all that they seem.
The only time I seem to spend with you is all in my dreams.
So I, I need to let her go would it have worked I guess I'll never know...
And I, I need to hit the road and find me a girl of my own.
Cause time isn't healing, I'm getting sick of staring at my ceiling.
And I, I cant help the way I feel about you... Cause time isn't healing. Pretty sick of staring at my ceiling...
And I, I can't help the way I feel about you...
And I, I can't help the way I feel about you...
And I, I can't help the way I've fallen for you..."

"Wow, who would have known Tom Felton aka Draco Malfoy could sing?!?" asked Ellen as the audience erupted in applause. "So, did you write that for the girl you were talking about?"

"Yes, you see, in the middle of writing the song, I was with my ex girlfriend Melissa, and I wrote the song about how I needed to get rid of her. Then I met the girl of my dreams, who will go unnamed, and she influenced me to take the song in a different direction, showing how I couldn't get the girl out of my head... And believe me, I still can't get her off of my mind! It's one of those things where you can't sleep at night because you are thinking of that other person, wondering if they are thinking of you..."

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I screamed at the TV. "He wrote a song for me!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"So, do you think you will ever see this girl again?" asked Ellen.

"Well, before I left her in America, I asked her to come with me to the premiere, and she agreed to go with me," said Tom. "So you will see her at the Half-Blood Prince premiere in England."

"Well, that's wonderful!" cried Ellen. "Thank you Tom for being on the show. Ladies and gentlemen please give it up for Tom Felton!"

"Oh my God!!!" I squealed. "He still LIKES me!!!!!!"

"Now can you get your mopey ass up?" asked Michele.

"Yeah, I think I will," I said as I got dressed and prepared to go to work.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Did you watch Ellen? Did you hear about that girl Tom Felton likes in JERSEY?!?!" whispered Casey to me once I punched in for my shift.

"Yeah, yeah I heard. Pretty sweet that he came to Jersey out of all the places to go to," I smiled.

"They say he stayed at Molly Pitcher Inn. That's a couple of miles away from here you know," said Casey. "That's so scary how close he was to us..."

"Ah, well that's life," I smiled as I counted out my till.

"His song on Ellen was really powerful and sweet. I wish someone would write a song like that for me..."

"Yeah, it was cute," I said as I began to walk towards the podium to get placed on a register.

"Self-check," said Catherine, the CSM. I groaned, but went there anyway. As soon as I settled in, I looked up and saw my worst nightmare: Jackie.

"Well, well, well," sneered Jackie. "Lost some weight I see. About time your fat ass did..."

"Come on Jackie, you know I can't properly kick you ass in here. Let's take this outside where I can give you a proper beating..." I said with a deathly smile.

"Threatening customers? Tsk, not good for business Joanne, you should know that. And I think you'd best control that temper of yours..."

"Why don't you get the fuck out of this store before I call security!"

"It's a free country Joanne, and I can shop here if I want to," said Jackie icily. "So, frenemy, what's new with your, uh non-existent life?"

My face grew hot with embarrassment and anger. "I'll have you know that I have been busy with my boyfriend TOM FELTON! That's right Tom Andrew Felton from Harry Potter is dating MOI!"

"Still stuck in that dream world?" asked Jackie. "Pity, we should send you to the insane asylum for that... what is it delusions or hallucinations?"

"YOU FUCK!" I said through gritted teeth. "At least if I call someone a schizo, I know what the hell I am talking about! And I am not a schizo! He came here! He stayed at Molly Pitcher Inn!!!! Ask Mary, she knows she saw him too!"

"Oh dear, you have infected Mary now with your silly little game?" asked Jackie coldly. "My my, I shall call the psych ward immediately to make sure you get a good spot. I hear the padded cells are most fun..."

"GET-OUT-OF-HERE!" I said as my hands clenched into fists of rage.

"Get over yourself Joanne; no guy would ever get with the likes of you..."

"You are wrong bitch, you'll see..." I spat as she left the store.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Mary, what the hell does one wear to a premiere?" I asked as I took Mary dress shopping. November was just around the corner now, and we hadn't gotten our dresses yet!

We went to the mall to search for the perfect dress. We looked all over, and finally Mary and I spotted some nice dresses. We ran to the fitting room, and tried them on.

"Ew! What made me pick this nasty snot green number?" I asked to the nearby stall.

"Not as bad as me, I feel like I am swimming in this dress!" said Mary.

"Easy for you to say, I can't get the pretty purple one on that you recommended!" I whined. "God I need to lose weight..."

"No you don't I do," said Mary.

"Shut up Mary, you are like WAY thinner than I am, and prettier," I sighed as I pulled on the last dress. "WHOA!!!!!!"

"DOUBLE WHOA!" cried Mary.

"You've got to see this!" we both cried as we opened the changing room doors and walked out front.

"Mary! That dress! It looks like it was MADE for you!" I cried.

"Yours looks so beautiful on you too," said Mary with a smile.

"If you don't hook Dan with this dress, he is mentally ill!" I cried as I rushed to take off the dress and buy it.

"Damn straight!" cried Mary.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Please Debbie, can I take off the following week for my vacation?" I begged.

"I dunno. Hm... it seems you are always on time, always ready to work, wearing the right uniform, why not let you slide just this once?" said Debbie with a smile. (She is the Human Resource manager who handles scheduling ok?)

"THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!" I cried as I ran back to punch back in from break.

Mom and dad were clueless once more. I told them that Mary's aunt was letting us sleep over in Pennsylvania for a week, and of course, my parents believed me.

"Mary! We are going to ENGLAND!!!" I screamed as we boarded the plane. "Tommy Felton, here I come!"

"And Daniel Radcliffe, here I come!" said Mary.

We finally arrived in the London airport, where, to our surprise, Dan and Tom were waiting for us with flowers. "Welcome to England!" said the two of them as they handed us the flowers and kissed us.

Poor Mary turned red, and almost passed out on the floor. Luckily, smooth and suave Dan caught her before she fell to the floor.

"Sorry, weak ankles," muttered Mary.

"It's okay," said Dan, smiling back at Mary. "You know, you are very pretty..."

"Tom, I missed you!" I said, throwing my arms around him in a tight hug. "Oh God did I miss you!"

"I missed you more," said Tom as he kissed me passionately.

"So, where are we staying Joanne?" asked Mary. "Um...Joanne? Woo hoo? Can you two stop sucking face and answer me?"

"Dan and I made arrangements for you to stay at Dan's house, and Joanne to stay at my house," said Tom, who then picked up where he last left off.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" screamed Mary.

"TERRORIST ALERT!?!?! TERRORIST ALERT!?!?!" screamed a woman over the loudspeaker.

Tom and I pulled away, and ran to the desk to tell them that it was a false alarm.

"Mary, you CAN'T scream in an airport!" I cried. "My God, I'm surprised we all didn't get beheaded right here by the Queen herself!"

Dan and Tom laughed as they carried our luggage to the limo. "The Queen doesn't do beheadings!" laughed Dan. "And we haven't had the death penalty since 1965!!!!! Also, we haven't beheaded someone since 1747, so you don't have to worry about that..."

"I got to worry about everything," I said as we got in the limo and drove away. "I'm turning into my mother, dear Lord help us all..."

"Where are you taking us all?" asked Mary as she snuggled into Dan's arms.

"Well, first stop is Dan's house," said Tom as he ran his hands through my hair. "We are going to chill there for a bit, and then... he's all yours Mary."

Mary's jaw dropped. I could hear the Hallelujah chorus playing in her mind, and I smiled to myself. 'Memo to self: Whenever I piss off Mary, send her to Dan's house alone...'