Status: Completed

A Cashier and a Movie Star...Can They Really Fall in Love?

Chapter Twelve I Wasn't Crying!

"Who the bloody hell was that?!?!" exclaimed Emma Watson as she fixed herself.

"Melissa," said Tom and I at the same time.

"His ex-girlfriend," I said as I squeezed out the water from my dress and hair. "God, this will be front page news. I wish I could just go home... This was a mistake. I'm really really sorry that you guys got hit, that includes you to Mary."

"You can't control people," said James as he patted me on the back. "It's alright. We are all very lucky that it wasn't worse. She could have been wielding a bloody gun. Then we'd all be in trouble..."

"You are right, I can't let her ruin everyone's night," I said as I began to cheer up. "But I smell like a sewer..."

"Since we have an hour or two till the premiere begins, come with me," said Tom as he pulled me into a small building aside from the photogs that were still taking my picture.

"Please, can someone quickly have this cleaned?" asked Tom to an assistant. "Joanne, you are going to have to take it off..."

"Only for you babe," I smirked as I took off the ruined dress.

"Should take a few minutes to be cleaned and dried," said the assistant before walking away.

So Tom and I sat there in an office, waiting for my dress to be cleaned. "Was Melissa always a psycho like this?" I asked.

"Possessive? Yes. Crazy? No," said Tom as he eyed me in my slip and knickers. "I think I'll have her spill stuff on you more often..."

"Oh shut up," I said as I rolled my eyes. "Well, now you and I have something in common: we both have crazy exes."

"You won't have to worry about Melissa," said Tom as he put his arm around me. "They are locking her up safely in a containment cell so she cannot do anything to us until the next day."

"Well, at least that's reassuring," I smiled as I kissed Tom on the cheek.

"All done!" cried the assistant as she burst through the door. "All nice and clean and dry for you miss."

"Thank you so much!" I cried, handing the assistant a few twenties. "I really do appreciate this..."

"Thank you miss," said the assistant as she left the room.

"Come on, they are waiting for us," said Tom after I put my dress back on.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I'm super super excited!!!!!!!!" squealed Mary as Dan escorted her into a seat next to him. "We are here, in England, with the men of our dreams, and we are going to be the first ones to ever see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince!!!"

The movie started, and I poked Tom every time he appeared on screen, just to annoy him a bit.

"I-I did it... I actually succeeded! Everyone, even my own dear mother thought I'd fail, but here I stand before you, powerful and strong," said Draco in the movie.

"Are you really going to kill me Draco?" smiled Dumbledore. "Do you really have the heart to kill an old man?"

"Don't listen to him Draco, you know what you were ordered to do by the Dark Lord," growled Fenrir.

Draco stood there over Dumbledore, and pointed his wand to Dumbledore's chest. "Good boy Draco... Kill 'im," cackled Bellatrix.

"Kill an innocent old man?" said Dumbledore with a twinkle in his eyes. "I don't think you want my death on your hands now do you, Draco? You are not like them Draco, remember that."

"Don't tell me what I am and what I'm not!" spat Draco. "I have to kill you, or else he will kill me..."

"Well, what are you waiting for damn it! Kill the old man!!" screamed Bellatrix as Draco continued to stand there.

The wand in Draco's hand began to shake, and his breathing became heavy and labored. The door from behind them burst open, and Snape walked through the door. Draco dropped his wand in surprise, and Snape surveyed the scene for several seconds.

"AVADA KEDAVRA!" shouted Snape as he pointed his wand at Dumbledore.

Both Mary and I bawled into Tom's and Dan's shirts at this part. Dumbledore's dramatic death was too much for the audience to bear. There wasn't a dry eye in the house as Dumbledore rose up from the Astronomy Tower, and floated down to the school grounds.

I watched as Harry chased after Snape, cursing him off all the way. "You fucking killed him!!!!!! You COWARD!!!!"

" HOW DARE YOU CALL ME A COWARD! CRUCIO!" cried Snape as he sent the pain inducing curse at Harry, and ran off with Draco.

As if the death of Dumbledore wasn't heart-wrenching enough, the funeral was even more so. Those who remained at Hogwarts all were in tears on the school grounds, and wore black robes. Hermione bawled into Ron's shoulder as he tried to comfort her while Harry held his head in his hands.

The lights came up, and I quickly fixed my makeup. "Wha- what? I wasn't crying," I said as I blew my nose into a Kleenex.

"Me either," said Mary as she also dabbed her eyes with a tissue. "Oh man, that movie was amazing. So much emotion in one film... This one is going to be massive."

"No Mare, they still have two more to top this one," I said as I got up and stretched. "I bet with all of the movies together, they will probably gross up to $100 trillion dollars..."

"No denying that," said Tom as he took my hand and led me to the awaiting limo outside with Dan and Mary in tow. "They did a really great job with editing... There was so much stuff to use, and it is a shame that they cut out some of the parts, but hey, what are you going to do?"

"Yeah, I don't have that problem really," I said as we all got in the limo. "I get thrown on a register, stay on there for hours on end, get a break, repeat, and then finally get to leave. Oh so much fun..."

"Where do you work?" asked Dan curiously.

"Shop Rite, a supermarket from hell," I said as Tom poured us some champagne. "It's and American store. Most of the people that work there are really nice... just the manager is a shit head and the customers suck balls..."

Dan almost spat out his champagne as he laughed with Mary.

"You think I'm joking? You can't make shit up like this," I said as I downed my glass of champagne. "I bet you that you wouldn't be able to last a month working in Shop Rite!"

"Oh really?" asked Dan as he pulled a giggling Mary onto his lap. "Name your wager."

"Bet is that you cannot last one month in Shop Rite," I began. "If I lose, I gotta do something that you want me to do...If you lose, you have to get Mary and me either roles on the set of Harry Potter, or give us a behind the scenes tour of the set. Do we have an accord?"

"It's on, bring it!" cried Dan.