Status: Completed

A Cashier and a Movie Star...Can They Really Fall in Love?

Chapter Fifteen The Surprise

I got dressed, and put on some jeans, my black Order of the Phoenix tank top, and my ballet flats. I put on some brown eye shadow and pink lip gloss, and walked downstairs to meet Tom.

"How come I'm not on your shirt?" asked Tom with and evil smirk.

"That's because Rowling made your character an asshole, so he couldn't possible be a member of the D.A." I smirked back. "But... if you so happened to be on the shirt I bet you would be right here..." I pointed to my heart.

"Why would I be there?" asked Tom.

"Because that's the person in my heart..." I said as I kissed his soft, sweet lips.

"Mmmpfh," moaned Tom into my mouth.

"I know you are sorry, baby," I said in between kisses. "I love you Tom."

"I love you Joanne," said Tom as he began to kiss my neck. "I love you more than I've ever loved anyone before..."

"Tom... your mum might see," I breathed into his ear.

"Come on then," said Tom as he dragged me outside to his car. We got in, and he started to drive off.

"Where are we going?" I asked. "Is this my surprise?"

"Part of it..." said Tom. "Well, this is the first part of your surprise. The second part comes a bit later..."

I leaned back in my seat, and watched the scenery pass us by. We drove for a few hours, and then Tom finally pulled up to this huge mansion, and parked the car.

"Where are we? The Queen's palace?" I asked as he punched in a special code to enter through the gate.

"Come on, this way," said Tom.

"I'm not fond of surprises, so this better be good..." I said as we walked up to the front door of the mansion.

"Oh, it is good," said Tom as the door opened.

"She's been expecting you," bowed a servant as he led us into the house.

"Who the hell is she?!?!" I whispered.

Tom could not stop smirking as the servant led us to the library, where someone was sitting in a large green squashy chair, and was reading a newspaper.

"Ah, I see the movies are a hit at the box office once again," said a female, British voice. "Wonderful..."

"Miss, they are here," bowed the servant.

The person in the armchair folded the newspaper up, and looked at the three of us.

"Y-your... y-your," I stammered.

"The one and only..."
:
"You brought me here to see J.K. Rowling?!?!?!" I said, almost about ready to pass out.

"Well, Mary told me how much you loved reading her books, so I thought it would be nice if you met her," said Tom.

"Oh my God! I am standing here, in J.K. Rowling's house! My God, am I dreaming?" I said.

"So, Tom has told me you're a big fan," smiled Rowling.

"That is an understatement," I said. "You are my idol, my favorite author. You can do no wrong in my book..."

"You didn't care that I killed off some of your favorite characters?" asked Rowling.

"Well... I was upset for several days, then I moved on. You have to have a sort of grieving period for stuff like that... Like when you killed Sirius and Dumbledore, that really struck me deeply. I loved both of them dearly, but hey, it's your book, you do with it what you want..."

"Charming girl you have, Tom," said Rowling. "So what book is your favorite?"

"Hard to say when I love them all!" I smiled. "I loved Deathly Hallows and Half-Blood Prince sooo much! The last two books were just so interesting, and I liked how you filled in all of the missing details, and had that Voldemort-Harry Potter face off at the end of the series. But I have to say, the ending left me with a few questions, like who did everyone else get with from the DA? How come Harry, Ron, and Hermione do not have jobs? What kind of job does Draco have, etc? I thought Harry would be like a professor at school, you know, like teach Defense Against the Dark Arts or something..."

"I see you have thought this out," laughed Rowling.