Status: Completed

A Cashier and a Movie Star...Can They Really Fall in Love?

Chapter Sixteen Tom & Dan Really Know How To Treat

"Yes, I have," I smiled as Tom put his arms around me.

"Who is your favorite and least favorite character?" asked Rowling.

"Well, I liked Harry, and went on a whole Harry loving spree for a while, but I now like Draco Malfoy. He's such a bad-ass, and I think there is more to him and his family then meets the eye. I still like Harry, though not as much as I like Draco. And no, I do not like Draco because Tom plays him..."

"I guess you are magical too seeing as you just read my mind," said Rowling. "It is interesting how we all assume that a certain character is bad, but really, you have to look more in depth to seek the truth. That was the point I made with Sirius Black. In Prisoner of Azkaban, everyone thought that Sirius was going to kill Harry. He was made out to be the bad guy, but in essence, he was only after one man: Peter Pettigrew. You see he was-"

"Blamed for Pettigrew's death," I said. "But he didn't kill him, Pettigrew escaped and cut off his finger to make it look like he got blown up..."

"Exactly!" said Rowling. "God, someone who understands me!"

"I think we just have this weird connections because we are both Joanne's," I grinned. "Maybe we have Joanne power?"

"Maybe, but then, no one else would know but us the magicality of being a Joanne," smirked Rowling.

"Well, not everyone can be as cool as us," I laughed.

"True," said Rowling. "Well, I best get going. And you two ought to be going too! I hear Tom has a special surprise for you..."

"SHE knows the surprise and I don't?!" I groaned as Tom and I walked out of the mansion and back to the car. "Are you serious?!?!?!"

"Well..."

"This better be good if J.K. Rowling knows what the surprise is!" I said as I slouched in the passenger seat.

We drove for a while, and Tom would glace over at me, and smile, but all I could do is sulk. Why does everyone but me know my surprise!?! I mean, even the damn Queen of England must know by now what it is!

"We are here my lady," said Tom as he parked the car. We got out, and he took my hand and lead me to the entrance. Stourhead House and Garden read the sign.

"WHOAH!" I shouted a bit loud as Tom tied a blindfold over my eyes.

"Trust me, it will be worth losing your sight for a few seconds," said Tom. "I swear I will not hurt you..."

I let him lead me, and thought to myself, 'Hmmm... Guess this is what it is like to be Helen Keller. Well, I don't like it very much! Where is he taking me that he needs to blindfold me?!?!'

We stopped walking, and Tom turned me to the right, and took off my blindfold.

"Oh my God," I sighed. "It's-it's beautiful... I-I've never seen anything like this. This is amazing!"

"This is 18th century English landscaping," said Tom as he led me to a little picnic basket filled with food and champagne. " It was designed by Colen Campbell and built by Nathaniel Ireson between 1720 and 1724. Originally, it was owned by the Stourton family, but they sold it to Henry Hoare I. So the Hoare family owned it until 1946, when the last heir, Henry Hugh Arthur Hoare, gave up the property a year before he died. Since then, the National Trust owns the property."

"So much history for such beauty," I sighed as I sat down and Tom poured me some champagne. "It really is breathtaking Tom..."

"Yeah, it is," smiled Tom. "300 years ago they turned this place into an environmental work of art. This is the only garden in England that has the most spectacular plant collection..."

"I can see why," I smiled. "Wait, they are here too?"

I looked over my shoulder, and there was Dan and Mary, hand in hand, walking towards us. "Aw! They are going to picnic with us? How sweet! Bet Mary didn't know about that!"

"No she didn't," said Tom with a smile. "So Mary, how do you like Stourhead?"

"It is amazing! All of these pretty flowers and trees, the lake! It's so romantic!!" said Mary as she sat down next to me.

"You guys have great taste," I said as I poured Mary some champagne. "You really know how to treat your women..."