Status: Completed

A Cashier and a Movie Star...Can They Really Fall in Love?

Chapter Two Tom And I Hang Out

As soon as I went on my first break, I called Mary.

"Come on Mary, pick up your phone!" I growled as the phone began to ring.

"Hello?" said Mary's usual cheerful voice.

"Mare, it's me," I said. "Guess where we are gonna go today?"

"Uh, either your house or mine?" said Mary.

"Nope, not this time. We are giving a special someone the personal tour of Jersey..."

"Ugh, you picked up a tourist?!?!"

"Not just any tourist, but I'll let that be a surprise for you. Meet me at work at 3, wear something nice..."

"Since when do I never wear anything nice?" said Mary as she hung up the phone on me.

"You won't be hating me for long Mary," I said as I closed my cell phone.

"Ugh... ten minutes... I'm on cash control... and they still can't get my fat arse off the damn
register!" I moaned to Casey. Casey and I were on separate registers, and I had called her on the telephone that was supplied on the register. They were for calling the managers for help, but you can also call the other registers and departments too.

"Oh, shut up, I have till 10 at night!" said Casey. "Oh fuck! Manager's coming!" CLICK!

I hung up the phone, and continued to ring up customers. If only I had a gun...

"I'm here for you!" cried a very bubbly Nancy.

"HOORAY!" I cried. "I might be able to punch out on time!"

I quickly got counted, and punched out. I ran upstairs, got my clothes, and changed in the bathroom stall. I took down my hair from its usual bun, and shook out my curly brown locks. I touched up a bit of my makeup, and put on my jeans, and my black, Tinkerbell patterned shirt that said "It's all in the sparkle."

I checked my cell phone. Quarter to 3. I had some time, so I ran to my car, stuffed my shit in the trunk, and met Mary.

"MARY!!!!! We are going to have fun today... Just you wait and see..."

"I-I don't like the sound of that," said Mary nervously. "Does it involve me being set up with some random Dan Radcliffe look-alike? Cause the last time you did that, he ended up being a real creep..."

"No! It's sooooo much better than that. You'll see..."

We sat on the benches outside the store, waiting for Tom to show up. "Oooh, Mary, you look hott today!" I said, noticing her in her skinny jeans and red hoodie. She had put on a smidge of makeup, only because she didn't really need it. She was one of those natural beauties, makeup was only covering up some of her beauty. She also straightened her beautiful blonde hair, and was wondering why the hell we were sitting on the bench.

"Why the hell are we sitting on the bench? What are we waiting for, the bus?"

"No, we are waiting for-"

"Well look who the cat dragged in!" said a drawling voice.

"Yeah, it dragged in you!" said Mary, giving the owner of the drawling voice a dirty look. "Go back to your cage. I hear the zoo keeper is looking for you, Jackie..."

"Very funny, Mary," said Jackie as she smirked, and looked the two of us over. "What are you two doing looking like that? With that look, you both look like you're hookers..."

"Bitch, please," I said. "I don't need to sell my body to make money. And even if we were, bet we'd make a lot more money than your Jabba the Hut ass could. Oh yeah! I went there Jackie!"

"Watch yourself, Joanne," snarled Jackie. "You know I live right next door to you, and I could just so happen to go to your dear old mother and tell her how terrible her daughter is to me, and how her daughter is a WHORE!"

She walked into the store, and left Mary and I sitting there, ready to chase after Jackie and rip her fake blonde highlighted hair out of her dumb head.

"Never mind that bitch," I said, trying to cheer up. "Like I was saying..."

"She called us HOOKERS!" sobbed Mary into my shoulder. "Do I really look like one?"

"Mary, of course you don't! Jackie is just jealous of our beauty. And she just hates us for no good reason..." I said, patting her on the back lightly. "And anyway, I should be the one crying... She threatened to tell my mum about me being the hooker that I am and verbally abusing her. One, I couldn't be a hooker, even if I tried. That is DISGUSTING! And two, everything that comes out of my mouth about Jackie is truth, so how is it verbal abuse? I thought she knew she had the sexy body of Jabba the hut?"

Mary started to laugh, and soon, I started to laugh too.

"Erm, you two are pretty when you laugh," said a familiar British accented voice. Both Mary and I stopped laughing, and looked into Tom Felton's beautiful blue-gray eyes.

"You-you are T-tom Felton!" cried Mary as she got up from the bench.

"I wanted to tell you..." I whispered in her ear. "But you wouldn't let me speak..."

"So, are you guys going to give me the grand tour of Jersey?" asked Tom, nervously running his hand through his hair.

"HE WANTS US TO GIVE HIM A TOUR OF JERSEY!!!!" squealed Mary into my ear.

"Uh, yeah," I said. "Maybe if you are nice to him, he can hook you up with Danny boy, man of your dreams..."

I knew I had gotten through to Mary. "Come on Tom, my car is in the back..."

I lead Mary and Tom to the back of the store where my Tracer sat, waiting for us. "Anyone care who gets the front seat?"

"I'll sit in the back so you can sit next to Mr. Sexy Tom Felton," whispered Mary as I unlocked the car door.

"Interesting..." said Tom as he got into the passenger seat up front. "We drive on this side of the car in England. I bet you Americans drive on the right side of the road, unlike us British folk. You see we-"

"Drive on the left hand side, I know," I said with my best imitation of the Tom Felton/Draco Malfoy smirk.

"That's a pretty good imitation," said Tom as he chuckled and buckled his seat belt.

"So, why didn't you want your girlfriend to travel around with us?" I asked as I started the car.

"Well, she isn't interested in sightseeing," said Tom as he leaned his head against the window of the car. "She would rather go to the mall or shopping..."

"Ah, that's why," I said as I pulled out of the parking lot and onto the highway. "So, where to? Wanna go to the boardwalk? Wildwood? Seaside? A.C.?"

"Um, what?" said Tom, confused as all hell.

"Forgot, Draco Malfoy doesn't know the hot-spots..." I said with a small laugh. "Okay, a boardwalk is where you walk along the Jersey shore, and there are like little areas with games and amusements and stuff. That's all Wildwood and Seaside is. And A.C. is Atlantic City, gambling capital of Jersey. They also have a nice boardwalk there, but the damn seagulls dive at you, and they might just leave a surprise on you, if you get my drift..."

"That must be fun," said Tom as he laughed. "Er, wanna go to Seaside?"

"Sure, I know how to get there like the back of my hand!" I said as I got on the parkway. "My grandma lives near there in Tom's River. Wanna hear about my first experience down there?"

Tom and Mary nodded. "Well, I was five at the time, and it was the fourth of July, our Independence Day," I began. "And my parents took me to Seaside with my grandma. As it started to get late, they began to shoot off fireworks, and well, I didn't like all the noise they made, so I cried..."

"Aw poor baby!" smiled Mary.

"So Tom, why are you here in Jersey, much less America?" I asked.

"Well, it's a long story..." said Tom.

"It's gonna be a long car ride," I said.

"Very well then. If you really want to know, I did it to escape my job..."

"WHAT?!?!" shrieked Mary and me.

"Yeah, it's pretty stressful, memorizing all those lines, digging through your emotions to match the characters feelings, getting mobbed by the fans... I wanted to escape, so here I am..."

"You have NO idea how lucky you are!" I cried. "My God! You are Thomas Andrew Felton! You've been in several films including Harry Potter. You can have any woman you want, and you choose to come here?!?!"

"Well, Jersey IS small," said Tom sheepishly.

"Urgh! I'm not getting through to you!" I moaned. "Listen. You have money, fame, and a great job. You should be HAPPY! Me, what do I got? A job at Shop Rite, that's what! And further more, I gotta pay for gas, bills, and other stuff. You have everything, and what do I have? Nothing... You should be more grateful for what you have..."

I looked over at Tom, and he looked a bit depressed as he rubbed his forehead. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that..."

"No, you're right. And I'm glad it took someone of your caliber to point it out to me," said Tom. "I should be grateful. My problems seem so minimal compared to yours..."

"Changing the subject..." I said to avoid bringing up any more problems. "Do you have any hobbies?"

"Yeah, I like to fish," said Tom. "I'm going to fishing school when I finish the movies... What are you going to school for?"

"Well, I want to be an English teacher, but my dream is to be a writer," I said as I began to blush. "And Mary back there wants to be an actress, but she hasn't had the right connections yet..."

"Why is she so quiet?" asked Tom.

"You're not Daniel Radcliffe," I said as I smirked. "If you were, she would never shut up, nor stop screaming..."

"Hey! I wouldn't be that crazy!" defended Mary as Tom shook with laughter.

"Ah, Dan is a good friend of mine," said Tom. "I'll put in a good word for you. You know, Dan, Rupert, and Emma will probably come looking for me once the UK finds out I've gone MIA, and I daresay, you might meet Dan if it happens..."

"OMG! I could meet DAN!!!!!" squealed Mary.

"Here we go..."

"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!" screamed Mary. "Oh thank you Tom! You are SOOOOOO not like your character! You are nice and sweet, and awesome, and not mean, and-"

"You can stop sucking up to him Mary, he told you he is gonna introduce you to Dan," I said as I got off the parkway and headed for the exit.

"So, Joanne is it? Who do you want to meet from the gang?" asked Tom. "Who do you like?"

"Me? Heh, I like no one, and no one likes me," I said with a small laugh.

"Oh, come off it, you gotta like someone from the movie!" said Tom.

'Yeah, I do like someone... You,' I thought to myself.