Status: Completed

A Cashier and a Movie Star...Can They Really Fall in Love?

Chapter 22 Going Forth With The Plan...

"Dan, can you come with me somewhere?" I asked after the two of us finished our shift.

"Sure, I guess so," said Dan. We walked to my car, and I drove off.

"Where are you taking me? I hope you aren't holding me hostage!" joked Dan.

"No, it's far worse than that," I said as I pulled out of the parking lot. "I'm going to have you witnessing the finalization of my plans... I'm taking you to the convent I'm joining so you can see how serious I am..."

"Joanne, why are you doing this?" asked Dan. "I mean, I really think that you could get another guy like Tom. I mean, there are plenty of guys out there just waiting..."

"Dan, guys are not lining up around the block for me... I mean, I thought that me and Tom would actually last, but it was all just a dream... Dreams can't come true. Dreams are nothing but false pretenses. and now that I have been brought back to reality, I think it is time for me to be put in my proper place: a nunnery..."

"You are absolutely mental!" shrieked Dan. "Just because Tom is trying to protect you, and he can't be with you now, you gotta go all nun on this?"

"Because, I've had my share of men, and it has been torture for me... And with Tom and I split up, there is nothing more I can do than this... Please, just come with me so I can do this. I don't want to do this alone..."

I pulled up to the convent, and the two of us got out of my Tracer and walked up and rang the bell.

"Yes dearie, what is it that you would like me to do for you?" asked an elderly nun who answered the door. "My name is Sister Margaret. What may I do for you child of God?"

"Sister Margaret, I would like to enter your convent," I said as she invited Dan and I inside.

"I'm afraid you can't because of the young man with whom you are with. You see nun's live a life married to God-"

"He is my friend, not my boyfriend Sister Margaret," I said quietly.

"Oh heavens! Forgive me!" said Sister Margaret. "Come then child, I'll have you fill out the paperwork..."

It took me a while to fill everything all out, and once I was done, Sister Margaret gave me my clothes and showed me the room I would be staying in.

"I will be able to go to work right?" I asked.

"Yes, you will be able to go back to work at Shop Rite, but I must ask you to cut back on your hours of work and devote your time to God..."

"Yes Sister," I said before Dan and I left the convent.

We got in the car, and Dan could not stop shaking his head. "You are going through with this... I can't believe you..."

"Can we just drop it Dan? This is my life last time I checked, not yours..."

I dropped him off at Mary's house, and drove back home to pack up my things. Mom and dad didn't even notice nor did they even care. I loaded up my car with my things and drove back to the convent. I changed into my nun costume, and went to my room to pray.

'Lord, why is it always that I must suffer?' I wondered and prayed. 'You already put me through so much hell with all of the men I have been with, so this is what I have chosen... To be a nun for the rest of my life. So much for being a chaste nun... But oh well, you can forgive me God, his passions got the best of him... Well BOTH our passions got the best of us... Please watch over Tom, Dan, Mary, Jody, Ryan, and many others who I cannot think of right now at the moment. Amen!'

I got into bed, and went to sleep.

Funnily enough, my parents didn't even noticed I was gone. My mom didn't even call me on my cell phone, I got no calls or any warrants for my arrest, nothing. I did as Sister Margaret wanted, and cut back to four hours a day at work. Work didn't like it, but they had to learn how to deal.

Every day, I woke up at 5 am to go to church, pray, have mass, and help serve meals to the poor. Then I would go to Shop Rite, work a four hour shift, come back to the nunnery, and pray some more in the chapel before bed time.

I did this every day without fail. Sometimes, Dan and Mary would visit me, but I refused to be swayed to go back home.

"Please Joanne? We will do anything!" cried Mary.

"I am going to take my final vows soon, I cannot back down now!" I said in a huff. "Besides, it has been a few months now. I actually like being a nun. Now can you both leave me so I can pray in peace and quiet?"

But what they didn't know was that it killed me inside to be a nun. I hated getting up so early to greet the day with dexterity and wanted to just leave it all. But my vows were only a few weeks away, and I never back down from anything...

A few days before I was to take my vows, I was sitting in my room, reading a book. That was the only entertainment they would allow us: books.

In the midst of my reading, I heard a tiny tapping noise against my window. I marked my place, and looked out the window, and almost passed out in shock to see..