Status: Completed

A Cashier and a Movie Star...Can They Really Fall in Love?

Chapter 26 Tom's Mansion In Jersey

“What the fuck are you doing?” asked Mary as she gave me a confused look.

“I am dialing 911, I can’t have her die!” I said as I punched the numbers in my cell phone. I waited for the operator to pick up. “Hello operator? I’m here at Vet Park, and this woman, a teenager, barreled out of nowhere and tried to run down me and my friends here. But luckily, we are fine, but she isn’t. She hit a fence, and is now unconscious. Could you please send an ambulance down here?”

“How in the name of Harry Potter can you just do that to someone who tried to kill you, and almost killed me?!?!” screeched Mary as I shut my cell phone.

“Mary, come on, you expect me to let her bleed to death?” I said frantically. “I’m not having her death on my hands! You know what my mother says, ‘Do unto others as you’d want done to you.’ Well, if I was in her seat, I’d want someone to call an ambulance for me!”

“But this is the same girl who threw vile on you in England… The one who threatened you back in England!” said Dan as he touched my shoulder lightly. “Tom was right, you aren’t like any other girl…”

“Thanks Dan, but I’m with Tom… Stick with Mary,” I said with a small smile. “Well, we got to wait until the paramedics come so we can tell them the story. The car swerved, and hit the fence. That’s all we are going to say. Got it?”

Dan, Mary, and Tom all nodded. It was just best for us to not get her into major trouble. Who knows? Maybe either she will let up because we are letting her off the hook, or she could scarcely remember that she hates my guts, and tried to kill me!

The paramedics came, and slowly took her out of the car. We quickly explained to the police our story of how the car was trying to avoid one of Vet Park’s many cute, soft, and cuddly animals, and she swerved and hit the fence. They seemed to buy our story as they took Melissa’s limp, unconscious body out of the wreckage.

“Tom, I want to leave…” I said very quietly after all of the cop cars and the ambulance had left. “Please just take me somewhere away from this. I need to just get away and relax…”

Tom kissed my forehead, and the two f us said goodbye to Mary and Dan, and headed back to Tom’s car. I sat there in the passenger seat, quiet and anxious. Then all of a sudden, I just began to cry unrestrainedly. I had just registered in my brain what had just happened, and what had ALMOST just happened. “Joanne… please don’t cry,” said Tom as he put a hand on my leg, and patted it reassuringly. “Look, you aren’t the only one who got a wake-up call from that. You have no idea how scared I was of losing you…”

“Yeah, but the thing is, if Dan and his Harry Potter powers didn’t save Mary, she would have been dead, and that would have been ALL MY FAULT!!!!” I wailed.

Tom pulled up to a beautiful mansion that was in the Valley and my jaw dropped to the floor as soon as I saw it. My God, I had never even been to the Valley, let alone been inside one of their prestigious mansions! “Like I was going to tell you before we were interrupted, I moved here to be closer to you,” said Tom as he walked me up to his mansion. “I mean, mum and dad and the rest of my bros will be okay in England, and I can just live here with you… If that’s okay?”

The double front doors opened, and my eyes widened at the beauty that was in front of me. The front doors opened to a beautiful staircase. To the right was the parlor, which had several beautiful soft white couches, and an oak coffee table. To the left was the dining room, consisting of a long, rectangular table with two chairs, one at either end. In the middle of the table was a very fancy candelabra, making the table perfect for romantic dining. As expected, an ornate chandelier hung over the table.

Tom smiled back at me, and walked me upstairs to show me to my room. My room was painted a soft blue, and had a matching pale blue bed and bed sheets. I had a medium sized dresser, and to my amazement-

“You didn’t!” I cried as I looked around the whole room. “My own mini-library?!”

“Well my love, this is only PART of you library,” said Tom with a grin. “The rest of it is in our library just down the hall…”

I began to scream and jump up and down. I grabbed Tom, and kissed him. “Oh my God! Thank you so much! This is too good to be true! My own library!!!!”

“That’s not all baby,” said Tom with an even bigger grin than before. He clapped his hand, and the walls began to change. They rotated and flipped, and when they finally settled, they were covered with posters of Tom. “Just in case you can’t get enough of me…”

“Oh believe me,” I said as I looked into Tom’s eyes. “I can’t ever get enough of you…”

His sweet soft lips caressed mine, and I fell backwards onto the bed with a soft flump. “Hmm, the bed is really cozy!” I said with a smirk. “I think I’ll like it here…”