Status: Completed

A Cashier and a Movie Star...Can They Really Fall in Love?

Chapter 28 Oh Snap...

Tom took my hand, and led me through to the kitchen to the door that lead to the backyard. I was astounded as I gazed at the luxurious in ground pool, and the beautiful flora and fauna that was the backyard; our backyard. Our home.

“It’s beautiful Tom,” I said as he put his arms around my waist, holding me close to him. I felt his warm breath on my neck as he nuzzled his face against my pale skin. He started to slowly kiss up my neck, and I closed my eyes, trying to imagine how things can get any better.

I felt a scream rise in my throat, the hair on the back of my neck stood on end, and I could feel the Chevy bearing down on me, the engine growling like a tiger, bearing down upon its prey. “CAN ANYONE HELP ME?!” I screamed as I continued to run faster and faster. But I knew there was no one there, no one for miles and miles. I was done for.

I started to shake violently, and I felt the bile in my mouth rise up. I pulled away from Tom’s tender touch, and ran into the kitchen for the nearest garbage pail, and hurled. I felt so embarrassed that Tom’s perfect, romantic dinner had been ruined by my upset stomach. I held my hair as I continued to blow chunks, and soon felt hands on my back, patting me, making sure that I was okay. Tom held my hair as I finished, and he got a cold rag for my forehead. “You do not look so well Joanne,” said Tom as he pressed the cool, wet rag against my forehead. “What happened?”

I hesitated for a moment, wondering whether or not to tell him the truth. If I told him about the dream, the scenario could play out like this:
Me: Tom, I didn’t want to tell you this, but since I love you, and trust you will be accepting of what I have to say…
Tom: Yes Joanne?

Me: Well, you know how I went to sleep after we had gotten home from Vet Park? I had this weird dream… I was running down some empty dirt road, and a red Chevy pickup was trying to run me down. Melissa was behind the wheel, and Alex was in the passenger seat, grinning. When I was in your arms, a visual from the dream appeared in my mind. I think it might be a warning…

Tom: (comfortingly, yet trying to hide his true thoughts) Oh Joanne, you had the dream because you had just almost gotten run down! It was just a dream. Everything is going to be alright. I promise…

But would it be? I could be wrong, the dream could just be a vision of what would have happened had Melissa been able to run me down.

I knew if I told him things were fine, and I just had an upset stomach, would he really leave it at that? So many thoughts were flying into my head, I felt like screaming at them to SHUT UP! Then, the thoughts stopped, and one of the servants flicked on the television.

“Authorities reported that one Melissa Carrington of London, England had been caught drunk driving to Vet Park this afternoon. Authorities were informed that Ms. Carrington had almost ran over a group of innocent teenagers who were visiting the park as she proceeded to crash her car into a nearby fence…”

The color in my face, the little I had left, drained completely. Melissa had made the news with her incident, and to top it all off, she was DRUNK while driving the car. This could not get any worse…

Tom and I ran towards the family room, where a huge flat screen TV was showing the yellow marked off tape around the broken fence that Melissa had managed to crash through. My stomach jolted as the anchorman continued with the story.

“Luckily, no one was hurt, but Ms. Carrington is in Riverside Hospital in a coma. For more news on this story, log onto www.njnews.com for more details on this and other news updates.”

“Shit, she was drunk driving when she tried to run me down…” I said, collapsing onto the couch next to Tom. He put his arm around me, and I leaned my head against his chest. “Any of us could have died Tom. Who knows what would have happened if we didn’t see her coming. I-I thought we had left all of the Melissa drama back in England, but I guess I was wrong…”

“Tom, this is serious. I mean, not only was she drunk driving, I had a dream about her trying to run me down too, but this time, she wasn’t alone… Alex was with her.”

I clamped my mouth tightly, but I had already let the cat out of the bag. Why deny him any further?

Tom’s hand gently caressed my face, catching my tears and wiping them away. “I will not let her hurt you, Joanne. I will protect you as best I can. But for now, you are safe. You are with me, here in my arms. Melissa is in the hospital in a coma, and I highly doubt that she is going to come out of it lickity split. I love you, and I won’t ever let anyone or anything hurt you or come between us…”

“Do you think my dream is as serious as I think it is?” I whispered tensely.

“I don’t know what to think anymore beautiful,” said Tom as he kissed my cheek gently. “I am taking it into consideration as we both know our exes well, and that clearly both of them belong in the nut house…”

“You do not know how glad that makes me feel,” I sighed as I got up from the couch. “Will you come with me to my bedroom?”

Tom’s eyes lit up like fireworks at the Forth of July, and he picked me up bridal style, and ran up the stairs. “You nut job,” I laughed as he kicked the door open, and began to kiss me all over my body. “Well, this is certainly a change in the mood of things now isn’t it?”

“Less talk, more action,” whispered Tom into my ear. His hands ran down the soft silk of my dress, first at my back, and slowly working their way down.

“Eager are we?” I smirked as his hands finally got to what they had craved. “I swear, half the time I don’t think you could possibly be human. You have the sex drive of an unfixed male dog.”

Tom laughed, but I saw something… a flash of gray in his blue eyes. They never ever went gray before, and I wondered what was up, but didn’t press it. Right now, Tom wanted me, and I wanted him, and I sure as hell wasn’t going to deny either of us for much longer, else Tom might explode into a million pieces.